Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Bit of a laugh yesterday. Went to the scone palace Christmas fare. Whilst driving in I was asked to lower my window, and was then asked if I lived in Perth and Kinross.

Couldn’t help but chuckle at the idea of someone saying no and being refused admittance.

I have plenty of family and friends who have stuck quite rigidly to every bit of guidance re: Covid but who are all openly flouting this travel ban nonsense.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Bit of a laugh yesterday. Went to the scone palace Christmas fare. Whilst driving in I was asked to lower my window, and was then asked if I lived in Perth and Kinross.

Couldn’t help but chuckle at the idea of someone saying no and being refused admittance.

How could you prove it though? Recite Saints Cup winning team? Claim your other car was a Massey Ferguson? Say you were born in Cosgrove's scheme?

Greenwich schools to shut from Monday
Schools in Greenwich, south-east London, have been asked to close from Monday evening after “exponential growth” of coronavirus demanded “immediate action”, the council said, amid reports that the capital is likely to enter tier 3 soon.

Council leader Danny Thorpe said: “I’m writing this open letter to let you know the situation in Greenwich in relation to Covid-19 is now escalating extremely quickly and I have today been briefed by colleagues from Public Health England that the pandemic in Greenwich is now showing signs that we are in a period of exponential growth that demands immediate action.”

He added that Greenwich now has the highest rates of infection at any time since March. Schools have been told to move to online learning for the rest of the term, with the exception of key worker children and those with specific needs.

Seems more sensible than trying to pretend that nail bars are driving the exponential growth IMO.

Cases in Edinburgh increasing appearing to justify SGs decision to keep it in Tier 3 but what the hell is going on in Midlothian and East Lothian? Cases rates up to 129 and 115 per 100,000 now. Tier 3 again for East Lothian?

Cases in Edinburgh increasing appearing to justify SGs decision to keep it in Tier 3 but what the hell is going on in Midlothian and East Lothian? Cases rates up to 129 and 115 per 100,000 now. Tier 3 again for East Lothian?
Must be the schools and not folk getting shit faced again, hospitality is safe imo.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Germ laden weegie day trippers flooding the area for drink.