Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 16/02/2021 at 15:33, mizfit said:

One thing I’m enjoying is the amount of people on social media kicking off.

The same people who refuse to wear masks and have done whatever they want since last March.

That's right, you keep shadowboxing with an imaginary group of people who the tories have turned you against. :lol:

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

It's not as simple as "agreeing with Tories" though, simply because there's no party line, they all have different ideas on covid restrictions and even more importantly many of them seem to change their views on an almost daily basis.

Covid is a bit like Brexit, there's no good guy / bad guy divide as it seems to be pretty much balanced ideas along party lines and people who you like / despise which always makes things far more complicated.

True. But it does flag up something interesting. There must surely be some dissenting back bench voices within SG re lockdown exit strategy. Yet you never hear a thing - how is that? Are they told to keep quiet? Scared to speak up?

It was just a sign of the times, the 80's was "grim"

. Hanging about bus shelters wae a cargo and fighting with rival areas / towns also a given as was the casuals and all the battling at the fitba on the Saturday.
Let's just say it's a long way from meeting your friends in Costa for a latte.

I remember my parents looking at me and my friends with absolute astonishment when we told them that we had good friends from other areas and even other high schools( in the early 2000s) it was just beyond them how boys from different areas didnt want to immediately kick f**k out of each other upon first sight. Completely at odds with their teemage years 25 years earlier

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It was just a sign of the times, the 80's was "grim" all over, don't get me wrong I quite enjoyed it at the time but when you think back to what "normal" looked like, it wasn't pretty.

Vandalism, graffiti, buzzing lighter gas, tripping "oot yer nut" on the mushies (or acid) was just a normal day. Hanging about bus shelters wae a cargo and fighting with rival areas / towns also a given as was the casuals and all the battling at the fitba on the Saturday.

Let's just say it's a long way from meeting your friends in Costa for a latte.

Get the Sergio on 

Image result for sergio tacchini casuals 80s

Also it’s dawned on me that the constant doom and fear in the media is just a news symptom of the monotony of just now
There is no news, we’re still going to be in lockdown for a wee while longer, covid is still happening and the vaccine rollout is progressing
Thats it, there’s no other news now not even brexit. A watched pot never boils so they have to keep filling time with shite

3 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I remember my parents looking at me and my friends with absolute astonishment when we told them that we had good friends from other areas and even other high schools( in the early 2000s) it was just beyond them how boys from different areas didnt want to immediately kick f**k out of each other upon first sight. Completely at odds with their teemage years 25 years earlier

My mum and dad were the same. Absolutely terrified any time I went "all the way into Glasgow" on the train or whatever. She definitely pictured it crawling with c***s razoring each other to ribbons

13 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

This was one of the things that most surprised me when I went into teaching. School rivalry doesn't really exist any more.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Fife using AZ. 
Both parents had it last week. Soldiers administering it, running like clockwork at east end park.

It’s unfortunate that it takes a pandemic before such words can be believable.

23 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Well yeah, insanity. I always thought the same about upgrades to the Edinburgh-Glasgow line that were going to improve journey times by 6 minutes or whatever it was. There's a train every 15 minutes, get the earlier one.

And if you get the earlier one after the upgrade is complete you'll have saved 12 minutes.

Thread from former Mp nick Boles I think explains a lot of the doomerism on here and elsewhere

Aye hes not wrong. The amount (or lack of) sunlight we've had through this lockdown is a factor as well, I'm sure of it.

Just checked and it sounds well dodgy...
On 17 September 1988, 5 year old Stephen McKerron vanished from the camp whilst on holiday with his aunt and uncle. This led to the largest ever missing child hunt by Scottish Police, as 200 officers searched the camp and a six mile (10 km) radius from the camp. On Sunday 2 October Stephen's body was found outside the search area by Lady MacLehose, the wife of retired diplomat and former Governor of Hong Kong Lord MacLehose of Beoch, who lived nearby. Despite a fatal incident inquiry finding Death by Natural Causes questions (as to how Stephen was able to walk so far by himself and whether he may have been transported by some unknown third party) remain.[6]
I recall at the time the wee boys mother was convinced there was more to it as when he was found his socks were missing and his shoes were back on with the laces tied. She was adamant he was unable to tie his shoe laces.