Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's the herb garden for the "real food".

Not sure if the food next door at the "chippy" is real if they can sell all suppers for £3.50

Real beer too.....this place is too good to be true

Is "chippy" a thing down Hamilton way?  I far prefer the NE use of "chipper"

Interested to know why? My point being i think its shite pubs have opened and my kids nursery isn't allowed to given that the risk involved in either is similar given drunk people and kids seem to have issues with social distancing. I think its fair to suggest  its rubbish that given the council havent allowed our nursery to open due to concerns over social distancing yet my sister in law who is a nursery nurse works in one of the centres in the same council area tells me that social distancing isn't practiced nor enforced in the hubs being provided by the council?
It's never going to be perfect - but they've explained each stage with clear reasoning (outdoors beer gardens are not as much of an issue as indoor places, and generally the distancing rules have been quite strict).

Like i said earlier, i think it's a bit shit that your nursery has not been able to open but many of them have - it was definitely a high priority, even in phase 1.

The councils are providing summer provision which they don't normally, and again due to your specific situation it doesn't suit. Again, that's unfortunate.

By all means write to your local politicians and explain the difficulties. I think that's always a good option for people and the more that do it the better as far as I'm concerned. See what they say.

You seem to have been unfortunate overall, but you can't really expect the government to sort out specific needs. Childcare provision has definitely been a priority, and now all sorts of other shit is getting to open too (within their clear framework of what's safe right now).

"Beer garden" in Hamilton yesterday. 
107709266_10158557890744188_2070310080044216655_n.jpg.e12904ec63776446be0bf8c43ec69d4f.jpg

You couldn’t pay me to go to that pubs latest incarnation. The dregs of society that left school with 2 general and 6 foundation standard grades without any plan for employment who still ride about on bmxs are the only people you see there.

Absolute dive.

8 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Not sure if the food next door at the "chippy" is real if they can sell all suppers for £3.50

Real beer too.....this place is too good to be true

Is "chippy" a thing down Hamilton way?  I far prefer the NE use of "chipper"

Chippy in Ayrshire,  chipper doesn't sound right.

Lunchtime suppers tend to be smaller, hence the lower price. 

It's never going to be perfect - but they've explained each stage with clear reasoning (outdoors beer gardens are not as much of an issue as indoor places, and generally the distancing rules have been quite strict).

I think in theory you may probably be right but honestly everything we’ve seen shows that when people have a drink social distancing goes to rat shit, even before the rules were relaxed in any way people especially those intoxicated have been disregarding it, you only have to look at many of the well publicised examples and i’d encourage you to do an FOI on calls to the police regarding gatherings in houses clearly breaking the rules, not ones which have resulted in sanctions (given the government has mandated this as a last resort) but actual instances.

Like i said earlier, i think it's a bit shit that your nursery has not been able to open but many of them have - it was definitely a high priority, even in phase 1.
- it may just be in our local area, that said its an SNP administration, however given the fiasco over Derek Mckay it could just be that the party locally is fundamentally shite (im willing to concede that point).

The councils are providing summer provision which they don't normally, and again due to your specific situation it doesn't suit. Again, that's unfortunate.
- its not summer provision though its the fact that most private nurseries open year round and not term time, its not that uncommon. I think the point im making is more it doesnt really suit many key worker families thus why uptake has been so poor.

By all means write to your local politicians and explain the difficulties. I think that's always a good option for people and the more that do it the better as far as I'm concerned. See what they say.

You seem to have been unfortunate overall, but you can't really expect the government to sort out specific needs. Childcare provision has definitely been a priority, and now all sorts of other shit is getting to open too (within their clear framework of what's safe right now).
- maybe you are right, but i think for me its that im not actually looking for them to provide the solution, I just question the logic of them keeping my solution closed when there are imo far bigger risk factors allowed to open or not being challenged.

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

I’m sure he’s devastated as testing positive for the sniffles. As a healthy 65 year old he’s looking at a few days of isolation but hardly on deaths door.

More than half a million people have died, many of them as a result of the inaction and lying from utter wankers like Bolsonaro and his racist pal in Washington.

Please do not dismiss their deaths as "the sniffles", FFS.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

I’m sure he’s devastated as testing positive for the sniffles. As a healthy 65 year old he’s looking at a few days of isolation but hardly on deaths door.

Or a 3.5% chance of dying if you want to look at it like that 👍 

7 hours ago, 101 said:

Getting a test from your workplace is now a taxable benefit in kind. We shouldn't be surprised at the levels of stupidity on display by the UKG but this is madness.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Just read tests provided by employers to their employees are to be treated as a Benefit in Kind and thus the employee will be taxed on it emoji23.png wtf

Quote me next time xx 😘

More than half a million people have died, many of them as a result of the inaction and lying from utter wankers like Bolsonaro and his racist pal in Washington.
Please do not dismiss their deaths as "the sniffles", FFS.
Wait, was he not mocking the term used by bolsonaro?

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

She was asked if she would advice Scots against going abroad this year.

She didn't answer either way but rather encouraged people to take a staycation instead to help our tourist industry.

I have 2 weeks off in late September. I'm meant to be going to Mexico, but I expect I won't be. In that event I'll pick up a last minute 10/14 night all inclusive break somewhere warm for a fraction of the cost of doing the same here in the cold and rain.

I’m helping the tourist industry by taking a staycation with the family. I am clearly on message.

Does anyone have stats from the test that showed 29% of people in a random sample who tested positive yet had no symptoms?

Quite frightening if that’s a true reflection on what it’s like, I’m sure other studies showed maybe 5% had antibodies or had the virus.

The stats seem a bit all over the place. Last month they said 80% will show no symptoms.

Numberwang