Coronavirus (COVID-19)

House parties is an interesting one. Pre-covid there were plenty of decent folk whose daily lives were made a misery by their neddy neighbours having parties every night and it took a long time, if ever, for action to be taken. Usually the housing officer would say "keep a diary of incidents" and a warning would be given which would likely be ignored. Now there's an epidemic some folk can't go a few months without having a house party. My inner fascist says the Polis should be issued with baseball bats to break up parties by smashing up music playing equipment like Alexas, hi-fi's and the like.

And yes I don't tend to get invited to parties. And the last house party I was at (last year) I found quite boring. 

1 hour ago, heedthebaa said:

Some of the shit down here is unreal atm and it will get worse, I’m all for getting on in some way with our lives, but some, mostly the young are fucking morons

Same near me. 

1 hour ago, bendan said:

I'm sure they'll announce a nationwide ban on household mixing, and probably some kind of restrictions on pubs.

I wish they'd have already planned for a two week mid-term break for schools, but I think they should do that now. One week can have some online learning if they think it's necessary. Same should be planned for Christmas. 

One of the most surprising things for me recently was finding out the Christmas break was shorter this year than in recent years, in Edinburgh at least. I don't think many expected a resurgence so soon, but takes impressive levels of incompetence to have not thought we might have a problem in the middle of winter.

The levels of incompetence have left my jaw on the floor in mouth gaping disbelief  almost daily since the day the first covid case in the UK was confirmed.

Now I mostly just laugh in disbelief. Its almost like the entire country is getting a taste of The Banter Years.

53 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

House parties is an interesting one. Pre-covid there were plenty of decent folk whose daily lives were made a misery by their neddy neighbours having parties every night and it took a long time, if ever, for action to be taken. Usually the housing officer would say "keep a diary of incidents" and a warning would be given which would likely be ignored. Now there's an epidemic some folk can't go a few months without having a house party. My inner fascist says the Polis should be issued with baseball bats to break up parties by smashing up music playing equipment like Alexas, hi-fi's and the like.

And yes I don't tend to get invited to parties. And the last house party I was at (last year) I found quite boring. 

I’ve thought the same thing but I prefer to think it’s my inner totalitarian not fascist. But aye, Polis should’ve been issued with bats and where there’s not enough polis just get the army to bolster the numbers and be even more horrible b*****ds. 

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Schools to remain at full-capacity with no mention of possible blended model. Possibly even some rumblings about curtailing October holidays, so that education is 'uninterupted' and pupils can catch up from earlier in the year.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Genuine question. In July, the Scottish Government announced that households in certain circumstances would be able to form a 'bubble' household in which they would essentially be treated as the same household. My mum lives on her own, as a widow and as such we could form one of these extended households. This was an absolute godsend for all of us, as my mum had been on her own for four months, and also for us, as she gives us respite care by looking after our two disabled daughters. If household mixing is banned again, does anyone think these 'bubble' households will still be allowed to continue?

6 hours ago, Gaz said:

Genuine question. In July, the Scottish Government announced that households in certain circumstances would be able to form a 'bubble' household in which they would essentially be treated as the same household. My mum lives on her own, as a widow and as such we could form one of these extended households. This was an absolute godsend for all of us, as my mum had been on her own for four months, and also for us, as she gives us respite care by looking after our two disabled daughters. If household mixing is banned again, does anyone think these 'bubble' households will still be allowed to continue?

I think they will allow that concept to continue 

8 hours ago, Donathan said:

Telegraph saying England are going to go on last warning for now rather then new lockdown. A national yellow card if you like

Amazing. Of course, cases won't miraculously fall in 5 days or whatever so the second yellow is a given. 

6 hours ago, Gaz said:

I certainly hope so. We've sold our property and our buyer moves in next week. We've yet to find a new property so were planning to move in with the wifes parents temporarily so hoping extended bubbles are still allowed. 

The extended households are exempt from the restrictions in the NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde are (and I assume the other Health Board areas with restrictions in place).

If they are to apply those restrictions across all of Scotland I would guess that the extended households would be exempt across the country too.

6 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Seeing more and more people turning towards the opinion of “scamdemic” and claiming this is some sort of government conspiracy to control us all. Quite alarming.

I also had a quick read of the The Falkirk FC Thread the other day.

When the infection rates were declining and we were moving through the first phases of exiting Lockdown it wasn't emphasised enough IMO that we weren't returning to normal.

Yes we had talk of the 'new normal' but what that was wasn't clearly articulated.

It should have been all about how we continued to manage the virus while trying to keep society and the economy open and functioning.

For far too many it was the Covid World and then straight back to normal without anything in between. And the in between bit is likely to a lengthy, lengthy period. Dare I even suggest that it might even be a permanent feature?