Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 hours ago, superbigal said:

Although I updated yesterday figures are on the move so worth coming back 24 hours on.

Overall cases per 100K  for 7 days  in period 20th Dec to  26th Dec  was 134.6

24 hours on in the period 21st Dec to 27th Dec  we are now starting to add Xmas time. The number has jumped to 150.1   That is a one day rise of 11.52% which is significant.

So any substantial council jumps above national average  since yesterday ?

Dundee City   184.8 to 217.0  Increase 17.46%  Dundee appears out of control as it takes its place at the top of the Scottish charts

East Renfrewshire   181.1 to 205.2  Increase 13.31%   

Glasgow City  170.0 to 192.9    Increase 13.47%   Not great in our biggest city.

North Ayrshire  154.4 to 177.4  Increase 14.89%   

North Lanarkshire   173.4 to 196.9 Increase 13.55%   

Renfrewshire   188.2 to 214.4  Increase 14.24%     

Stirling  84.9 to 108.3  Increase 27.56%       Bad single day rise but these are low numbers still.

West Dunbartonshire   124.8 to 143.9 Increase 15.30% 

Angus 94.7 to 130.8  Increase 38.33%   Like Dundee horrible 

Inverclyde 162.0 to 212.1   Increase 30.93%   This area seems to fluctuate the most.

Dumfries & Galloway 77.3 to 128.3 Increase 65.98% Well publicised now. Stranraer looks a real hotbed.

Scottish  Borders   129.0 to 156.7 Increase 21.47%  Duns and Coldstream not far off 1000 cases per 100K

Some of the tales you hear about the bevvying that went on back in the day whilst on shift down there are eye watering. Tbf, I have an auld pal who worked in the shipyards and he tells similar stories so maybe it was rife everywhere. But the mix of heavy industry and swally seems to have been as common as it was mental.

For my money, f**k getting pissed up all night at work. Imagine how lousy you would feel in the morning going to bed.
It was rife everywhere. I started work in 1987 and in our workshop there were at least half a dozen fully functioning alcoholics. The labourer would walk about most of the day with a coffee mug in his hand, which was full of either white lightning or diamond white, just whatever he could pick up cheaper. I wasn't averse to the odd lunchtime pint tbh, and my one and only visit to The Beacon in Prospecthill was for a Monday curer after a heavy weekend.

I remember working on Sound of Music on New Years Eve in the 80's, dropping 7 tons of counterweighted mountains on to the stage one handed, with a bottle of whisky in the other, and loads of kids running about on stage.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I remember working on Sound of Music on New Years Eve in the 80's, dropping 7 tons of counterweighted mountains on to the stage one handed, with a bottle of whisky in the other, and loads of kids running about on stage.

Sounds like throbber’s kid’s birthday party.

53 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Small beer in comparison obviously, but even just tales of teachers getting hammered at lunchtime, quick tans of spirits between classes (even during) and suchlike were rife in the 80s and before. 

Although we're still a nation of jakeballs, Scotland has made a lot of progress on the booze front in the last 40 or so years. 

I had teachers in the 90s who used to meet in a car during lessons for a cigar and a drink. There were teachers that used to drink during lessons at their tables, and on the last day before xmas holidays all the departments would go to the local for lunch and come back absolutely steamboats.

How can things get any tighter than tier 4? Takeaways shut again what use would that have other than putting more people out of work/on furlough.? Back to being allow just 1 hour outdoors again when we are told the virus in mainly prevalent indoors? Horse bolted etc.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

20 cases in Dingwall from a guy doing a pub crawl between the Mallard and Oscars. I mean, that's some hike between the two. 
Supposedly the guy was awaiting his results and went out for a drink anyway.
I'm not one for handing out fines and what ever for people breaking the rules. But see with cases like this, they should have the fucking book thrown at them

How can things get any tighter than tier 4? Takeaways shut again what use would that have other than putting more people out of work/on furlough.? Back to being allow just 1 hour outdoors again when we are told the virus in mainly prevalent indoors? Horse bolted etc.
I'd guess it would be schools shut entirely and potential curfew as they have in NI and many other European countries.

Just now, MP_MFC said:
5 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I'd guess it would be schools shut entirely and potential curfew as they have in NI and many other European countries.

damn sneaky covid only coming out after dark.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Some of the tales you hear about the bevvying that went on back in the day whilst on shift down there are eye watering. Tbf, I have an auld pal who worked in the shipyards and he tells similar stories so maybe it was rife everywhere. But the mix of heavy industry and swally seems to have been as common as it was mental.

For my money, f**k getting pissed up all night at work. Imagine how lousy you would feel in the morning going to bed.

If you are a jakeball there is nothing worse than going to bed sober. Alcohol withdrawal is a horrible thing.

27 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Going back to proper distancing in supermarkets with limited numbers in and one person per trolley.

They are crazily busy at the moment.

Takeaways were never shut were they?

42 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Construction and manufacturing shut like in March. Schools shut. Time outside limited. Masks when you leave the house regardless of where you are going. No meeting anyone from out with your house outdoors. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Construction and manufacturing shut like in March. Schools shut. Time outside limited. Masks when you leave the house regardless of where you are going. No meeting anyone from out with your house outdoors. 

fan fucking tastic. If we go back to end of March start of April style lockdown and the schools are allowed to open back up as normal I will lose my shit.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge