Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, GiGi said:

But they were serving pizza to 'get around' (see: comply with) the rules so close it down and jail all staff, punters and taxi drivers who were in the vicinity IMO.

Heard they ran out of food so gave out ‘vouchers’ for future food (maybe cooked with rockets or something) to try and loophole it. 

43 minutes ago, Snafu said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/outrage-after-footage-shows-christmas-23239014

Outrage after footage shows Christmas bash at Scots nightclub linked to new coronavirus cases

Greenock?  What P&B party animal with a particular interest in Covid hails from Greenock?

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Someone posted this a few pages back. There's a thread. It's fucking insane.

It's lunacy.

The case rate in Greenwich isis now at 705 per 100,000 which is almost double the national rate for England. Our main hospital were turning away ambulances at the weekend because they had so many COVID paitents that their oxygen supply was running out. Greenwich is not on the list, even though 6 London boroughs with lower case rates are. 

Obviously completely unrelated to the governent threatening to sue Greenwich over school closures 2 weeks, ago...

Redbridge which the government also threatened with legal action has the second highest rate in London (1,027 per 100,000) and is also omitted.

This talk of not lifting restrictions unless the vaccine stops transmission as well as people becoming ill is genuinely depressing.

Given how the PCR test works, you will still find dead viral fragments in people exposed to, but ultimately protected from, the virus.

If not getting sick isn't enough, then I don't know what is.

I'm not sure if their intention is to try and keep compliance with the restrictions high until the summer, but it genuinely just feels like good news being immediately punted into the sea.

This talk of not lifting restrictions unless the vaccine stops transmission as well as people becoming ill is genuinely depressing.
Given how the PCR test works, you will still find dead viral fragments in people exposed to, but ultimately protected from, the virus.
I'm not sure if their intention is to try and keep compliance with the restrictions high until the summer, but it genuinely just feels like good news being immediately punted into the sea.
If not the vaccine, then what finishes this? Its fucking ludicrous chat. It really is. They shouldnt be saying it.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If not the vaccine, then what finishes this? Its fucking ludicrous chat. It really is. They shouldnt be saying it.

It sounds like their still trying for fucking zero covid. 

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Certainly different when I clicked on the link:

It went to a link to a sympathetic article about a "socially distanced" funeral in Edinburgh, which has been superseded by the dead cat.

1_CMP_SDR_301220ChrissieSquiresFuneral_0

As far as I can see it doesn't look that socially distanced.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It went to a link to a sympathetic article about a "socially distanced" funeral in Edinburgh, which has been superseded by the dead cat.

1_CMP_SDR_301220ChrissieSquiresFuneral_0

As far as I can see it doesn't look that socially distanced.

Also reminded of the fact that Edinburgh looks like some soviet era shitehole. Whos in the coffin? Fucking snake bliskin trying to escape?

43 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
46 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Matter of time before someone challenges it in court. 

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Matter of time before someone challenges it in court. 

Think someone from the pub trade tried that already and it was dismissed on the basis that the government have declared it a health emergency, and so can pretty much do what they like.

Even the suggestion of keeping restrictions is madness. The vaccine will have been a success if hospital admissions and deaths are significantly reduced. Cases become irrelevant in the same way we don't count cases of the flu or the common fucking cold on a daily basis.

I've never considered myself to be one of those mad conspiracy theorists but if the government even remotely considers keeping restrictions in place when it's clear they're no longer required then my tinfoil hat will be firmly on.

Absolute madness to even suggest any sort of restrictions continuing following rollout of an effective vaccine. 

Everything should at that point be open without further restriction or threat of restrictions. Otherwise what are we actually doing this for and where and when will it ever end? 

Lockdowns and restrictions are a means to an end. The vaccine is that end. That's what we've been told since day one, 'we will never be truly free of restrictions until a vaccine is available'. To pare that back to a revised 'we have an effective vaccine but more restrictions are needed until we know more in regards to if it protects further spread' was never an option and is simply not viable. 

The point of restrictions was to prevent the NHS being overwhelmed and people needlessly dying. At this point in the proceedings, they cannot now just decide that its suddenly to prevent everyone dying or to set new conditions at their discretion. 

Edited by djchapsticks