Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Anyone else find their attitude to football changing over this lockdown?  I honestly don't miss it at all.
Probably because the weather has been good. If this was winter we would all be miserable!

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Anyone else find their attitude to football changing over this lockdown?  I honestly don't miss it at all.

The longer this goes the more this will happen, people will find other things to do and far from the boom in attendances some are expecting crowds could be down and may never recover.

I used to enjoy reading through pie and bovril but even thus is turdged pish to read through. Particularly the league 1 threads re covid. It's continual moaning. Let's be realistic there will be no crowds this year inside any stadium. People will have to budget due to wage cuts, businesses will cut sponsorship to save money etc etc. At times I have started to consider watching the local junior team. £6 and a pint in hand watching the game with a far better organised league committee.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-clubs-pushed-closer-brink-21898410

IMO the Scottish Government is going to have to provide financial assistance to Scottish Football if games aren't going to be allowed even behind closed doors

In what way does playing behind closed doors help out the majority of Scottish clubs? 

After spending nigh on a week saying "the vote needs cast! We need this sorted so clubs survive!", do you feel a bit silly now? 

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-clubs-pushed-closer-brink-21898410

IMO the Scottish Government is going to have to provide financial assistance to Scottish Football if games aren't going to be allowed even behind closed doors

Why should they? More important things to worry about. If they do this, then every Tom, dick and harry will be at their door wanting handouts. I think it is inevitable that we shall lose some clubs. 

I've been completely melancholy about it for the past 2 seasons, given I knew we were going to finish 2nd at best what with County and United chucking criminal amounts of money at it. 

The Play Offs are fucking horrendous too. Designed to keep the teams from the lower division down. 

Edit - the Premiership Play Offs I mean. I know they're done different lower down. 

Edited by TheScarf

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Why should they? More important things to worry about. If they do this, then every Tom, dick and harry will be at their door wanting handouts. I think it is inevitable that we shall lose some clubs. 

and as I said yesterday, some of the usual gloaters on here, revelling in our situation, might be smiling on the other side of their face in as little as 4/6 months!!