Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Probably but UEFA may rule against relegation or using average points to decide relegation and promotion.

I would hope that the Thistle board has been in contact with the UEFA.

Ian Maxwell, given his position on the SPFL board, has a possible conflict of interest.

We've not much chance of qualifying for European competition, so I sincerely doubt they have...

4 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

Several clubs were struggling to survive dude simple just like 1000s of compinies out there wake up stay home help the NHS. 

So no names then? 

And I work for the NHS, but thanks for your concern - stay safe EVERYONE 

It's this idea that if we have to wait until 2021 for any league football, that only a handful of clubs will be left to support, utter bollocks.

All current football clubs will still exist in some form and all players are hardly going leave on mass to work in other professions. If your club folds it will just start again, with the same support following it.

16 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It's this idea that if we have to wait until 2021 for any league football, that only a handful of clubs will be left to support, utter bollocks.

All current football clubs will still exist in some form and all players are hardly going leave on mass to work in other professions. If your club folds it will just start again, with the same support following it.

^^^big team found

17 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

An impeccably Dundee mentality to money, you've got to give him that.

Guest DAVIDB69

I do still think that whilst Scottish society has obliged the lockdown a lot more than English society especially in the south.

With numbers starting to move in the right direction, I do think that most folk will sit this out another two weeks.

However if sturgeon and Johnson don’t start things moving in the right direction , even small steps peoples patience may begin to waver

21 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

^^^big team found

I didn't mind Partick Thistle, until they signed McKinnon, besides we all know your big team is Dundee.

20 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

An impeccably Dundee mentality to money, you've got to give him that.

Being a Dundee fan, with our mentality to money, at least I know my club won't be liquidated.

4 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Yeah I know that game was seen as a "ground zero" moment for the virus in Spain and Italy. Just thinking about in a more cautious, post virus world could football restart providing everyone took the necessary precautions and ground capacity was limited. Innovative thinking is going to be required in getting things back to something resembling normality. 

Fk knows tbh, wasoonly responding to the bit about open air transmission.

People are stupid tho and the necessary precautions aren't 100% effective so as much as I'd like to see the football back I can't see it happening for a while.

Face masks only work to a degree and the virus lives for days on metal and plastic surfaces so has to be an increased risk of undoing the work to get the 'RO' of the virus below 1-1 transmission.

Luckily isn't my decision to make tho so hopefully more educated folks than me will be able to give the Government the right advice.

1 hour ago, bad chad said:

So no names then? 

And I work for the NHS, but thanks for your concern - stay safe EVERYONE 

The vote to end the season as is for the bottom 3 divs. Was as high as 80%

Only so the £££££££££££££££££££££

"" could be paid out'''''' says it all 

Some clubs are skint simple 

6 hours ago, HMIP said:

Let’s be clear, if we can’t go to football (which is at least open air): that means any group gatherings such as pubs, restaurants and cinemas are out as well.  How many people will die from the economic damage that causes?

Ooh, is it a quiz? I'm going to go with none. Absolutely nobody will die because the pub and cinema arent open. None at all. 🤪

6 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I think pubs will be closed longer than football grounds to be honest.  Sky News had one of those select committees on last week, and a point was made that they believe going to the pub to watch a game of football is just as if not more dangerous than being there.

This. Its clearly worse. Smaller space, more likelihood of touching the same surfaces. No open air for virus particle to disperse in. Pubs will be shut at least as long as football grounds.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Everyone for several weeks

I'd totally forgot about this. Must have been set-up about a month ago from what I remember. Is this their first announcement since then?