Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Can't see that at all. 
Would personally be avoiding the pubs if they re-opened in June.

Before the lockdown here they had bars open but no later than 6pm, with 1m distancing and table service only. I still went in but there were very few customers, mainly other immigrants.

8 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

In order to improve the game I would like to see the usual people in charge of negotiations with the TV companies replaced with people who don't have their nickers around their ankles before they go in to said negotiations.

That may give clubs an incentive to vote for a bigger league with more cash sloshing about.

I'm hearing Ann Budge and weetoonlad are leading the next TV deal negotiations.

3 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I'm hearing Ann Budge and weetoonlad are leading the next TV deal negotiations.

I have spoke to Peter and he has asked myself and Anne to continue the good work done by Neil and Co on this matter 

Stay safe Stay at home follow wee Nics advise Don't go ouuuuuutttt

15 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

I have spoke to Peter and he has asked myself and Anne to continue the good work done by Neil and Co on this matter 

Stay safe Stay at home follow wee Nics advise Don't go ouuuuuutttt

When are you going to explain your working for your last proposal?

This BBC article on UEFA suggests that the SPFL has acted too early - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52353856

"Uefa will provide an update on plans to finish the 2019-20 season to all its 55 national associations at a video conference on Tuesday.

"Uefa has launched two working groups, one specifically assessing the fixture calendar. It is hoped specific proposals will be presented by mid-May at the latest.

"Tuesday's meeting will be followed on Thursday by a meeting of the Uefa executive committee.

"In addition, it is anticipated, Uefa will confirm that it will listen to requests to end domestic leagues early."

So

Has the SPFL sought and received official permission from UEFA to finish the season early?

Has the SPFL's resolution to relegate teams before the end of the season been approved officially by UEFA?

Have the relegated clubs made any submissions or appealed to UEFA? If not, why not?

What happens in Scotland if UEFA's working groups produce alternative plans that are incompatible with the SPFL's resolution?

17 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

This BBC article on UEFA suggests that the SPFL has acted too early - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52353856

"Uefa will provide an update on plans to finish the 2019-20 season to all its 55 national associations at a video conference on Tuesday.

"Uefa has launched two working groups, one specifically assessing the fixture calendar. It is hoped specific proposals will be presented by mid-May at the latest.

"Tuesday's meeting will be followed on Thursday by a meeting of the Uefa executive committee.

"In addition, it is anticipated, Uefa will confirm that it will listen to requests to end domestic leagues early."

So

Has the SPFL sought and received official permission from UEFA to finish the season early?

Has the SPFL's resolution to relegate teams before the end of the season been approved officially by UEFA?

Have the relegated clubs made any submissions or appealed to UEFA? If not, why not?

What happens in Scotland if UEFA's working groups produce alternative plans that are incompatible with the SPFL's resolution?

UEFA are only interested in the top flight in each county, so what individual leagues have done in the lower leagues are irrelevant. The Premiership season is not yet finished, and therefore the SPFL are complying with UEFA.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Given the last input, 32 games each in a 16 team division, you're working for clubs that don't exist.

Some might not be here but great work by the SPFL over the last week have saved a few clubs 

Edited by weetoonlad

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

UEFA are only interested in the top flight in each county, so what individual leagues have done in the lower leagues are irrelevant. The Premiership season is not yet finished, and therefore the SPFL are complying with UEFA.

You’ve gone and ruined a detailed post there.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So

In their first sentence Uefa clearly states that they will provide an Update on plans to finish the season, the finish can only be one of two things, complete the games outstanding or end the season prematurely. The SPFL chose the former for the lower leagues which will not affect the top flights European Championship entry. 

Uefa say that they will listen to requests to finish early.

With that I would say that where we are now is a done deal.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

In their first sentence Uefa clearly states that they will provide an Update on plans to finish the season, the finish can only be one of two things, complete the games outstanding or end the season prematurely. The SPFL chose the former for the lower leagues which will not affect the top flights European Championship entry. 

Uefa say that they will listen to requests to finish early.

With that I would say that where we are now is a done deal.

Probably but UEFA may rule against relegation or using average points to decide relegation and promotion.

I would hope that the Thistle board has been in contact with the UEFA.

Ian Maxwell, given his position on the SPFL board, has a possible conflict of interest.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Probably but UEFA may rule against relegation or using average points to decide relegation and promotion.

Ian Maxwell, given his position on the SPFL board, has a possible conflict of interest.

They won't.

He's not on the SPFL board.

Am sure Ian Maxwell will do what's best for the whole of Scottish football not just a Few