Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

The person I was responding literally claimed that closed door games are only being considered anywhere to cover big TV contracts. That's not an opinion or judgment: that's factually incorrect bollocks.

19 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I've been watching the Dortmund/Schalke game today and it is not the same as when there is a crowd obviously, it may be popular for a while if that's all there is but.............................................................

Agree, closed door matches are generally horrific as viewing spectacles, atmosphere is what makes a sport such as football and without it, it's nothing.

Guest SJP79

Live streaming games is the only way forward at the moment. 

The big issue though is testiing players if thats required, if it is the costs will simply be too high for many clubs.

Edited by SJP79

This is such a fluid situation it baffles me that anybody is talking with any degree of certainty what will happen for an entire year nevermind a couple of months in front of us.

Guest SJP79
24 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

This is such a fluid situation it baffles me that anybody is talking with any degree of certainty what will happen for an entire year nevermind a couple of months in front of us.

That's the most sensible statement ive seen on here today 👍

57 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Because folk are gripped with the fear and hype over it 🙄 there might never be a vaccine found so are clubs to play behind closed doors forever? Will we never be able to go to gigs again? It’s nonsense 

Guest SJP79
7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Because folk are gripped with the fear and hype over it 🙄 there might never be a vaccine found so are clubs to play behind closed doors forever? Will we never be able to go to gigs again? It’s nonsense 

What's your suggestion on it ?

21 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I cant the article, but 7 teams playing in the same venue? I take it that a few games will be played on the Sat/Sun? Also are fans allowed or not?

It's all hypothetical at the moment - but it assumes social distancing and small numbers of fans.  According to the article, at least. 

18 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It's not nonsense, it's the current reality of things. It'll change in time, to what and how quickly we have to wait and see. 

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

10 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

What's your suggestion on it ?

Over 70’s or people with underlying conditions would obviously not attend. Everyone else tie their scarf around their nose/mouth if they can’t buy a mask. Jobs a good un 

Edited by Thereisalight..

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yes there might never be a vaccine but we'll need to get to the stage where it is almost eradicated from the country before we're back to normal. At that point serious thinking will be needed about the freedom of travel between countries as we know how easily it spread country to country when it all started in Feb/March. Think testing kits and temperature checks will be mandatory at airports for some while at least. 

Do think also if there isn't a vaccine there needs to be at least a drug cure which can be given to people when they do catch it to ensure they get better immediately and don't die. 

Jason Leitch was on the radio yesterday saying him and his wife have tickets for some concert at the Hydro in October which will have 12,000 people at it and he said he's not throwing the tickets away just yet, he gave it a 40/50% chance of going ahead. 

Think a lot depends on whether we get a second wave or not, if we get a second wave that's probably going to push us back into the beginning of 2021 before relative normality instead of the latter months of 2020.   

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Jason Leitch was on the radio yesterday saying him and his wife have tickets for some concert at the Hydro in October which will have 12,000 people at it and he said he's not throwing the tickets away just yet, he gave it a 40/50% chance of going ahead. 

Concert my arse!

wwelive2020october_510x475-534fa21e2e.jpg

Guest SJP79
1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Over 70’s or people with underlying conditions would obviously not attend. Everyone else tie their scarf around their nose/mouth if they can’t buy a mask. Jobs a good un 

That would be a complete disaster, people would never stick to it and the virus would spread quickly. 

The media would have a field day on the goverment if they allowed that at this stage so no chance it aint happening.

Edited by SJP79