Ground improvement/works thread

Although as I understand it the current issue is over who plays the opening game there the bigger picture is of course the regular use of the ground as a home stadium.Has that been resolved yet because if Rob Roy don’t secure that it is a complete disaster.

Unfortunately this whole sorry saga is a result of the sale of Adamslie with no confirmed relocation deal at the time and that is why things have ended up as they are.

Edited by Lokloyal

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Although as I understand it the current issue is over who plays the opening game there the bigger picture is of course the regular use of the ground as a home stadium.Has that been resolved yet because if Rob Roy don’t secure that it is a complete disaster.

Unfortunately this whole sorry saga is a result of the sale of Adamslie with no confirmed relocation deal at the time and that is why things have ended up as they are.

Cant argue with any of this.

Unfortunately the park isn't built for KRR, unless they have put money in for a controlling part. The park is built for the community. The council just blocks out pitches for training and games for any teams, youth, amateur, semi pro. I'm sure Kirky will be able to play there but if it aint their park then nothing cant be done except just keep on at the council until you've got most of your stuff located there

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Cant argue with any of this.

Unfortunately the park isn't built for KRR, unless they have put money in for a controlling part. The park is built for the community. The council just blocks out pitches for training and games for any teams, youth, amateur, semi pro. I'm sure Kirky will be able to play there but if it aint their park then nothing cant be done except just keep on at the council until you've got most of your stuff located there

And is that going to mean that honouring a fixture list will be subject to the Council allowing use on those dates too?

The insinuation initially was that although council owned it would have an anchor tenant - so giving KRR a long term lease for their purposes at whatever the appropriate commercial rate was. But if political parties campaign on the basis of bringing KRR back then it’s shite chat for them to go back on it once they’ve won the election. 

21 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Presumably this is because both users of Huntershill, West Park United and Rossvale, are at home in the Junior Cup next Saturday, so instead of moving to the Friday/Sunday Rossvale have found an alternative ground. Maybe Kirkintilloch Sports Complex only opens from October so it's just unfortunately that Rob Roy don't have another home game until 11th November.

However saying that, it appears Rob Roy did have a SRCC home game on Saturday 14th, but it was switched Hurlford as Cumbernauld United were at home as well...

It suggests to me that KCSC is useable on an ad hoc basis (and that the ground is fit for purpose), but the lease has not been agreed with a regular tenant. I guess technically KRR could also rent the facility out but clearly somethings going wrong with the lease negotiations and its hard to see who's to blame for this without more information. Could be that KRR are baulking at the fees that EDC are suggesting?

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

So the rumour mill that the new stadium in Kirkintilloch was contaminated etc was BS.

Now the spotlight turns on KRR themselves.

Are they willing to pay the rental for the pitch?

And do they have the cash to pay a commercial rent?

Rob Roy still have the Adamslie sale money so £ isn’t a problem . The problem is this council changing the lease agreement at the last minute . Things that don’t suit the club, so this needs ironed out . Whoever gets the long term lease will run the facility and make £ from the rental from it and any other income streams . I also believe they want to spend £ on it by improving the stadium more , i.e social club and some standing areas for fans etc . So why the council would not want this is beyond a joke . A local team willing to pay rent and improve the facility its a no brainer but then again it is EDC 

8 hours ago, Junior supporter said:

Rob Roy still have the Adamslie sale money so £ isn’t a problem . The problem is this council changing the lease agreement at the last minute . Things that don’t suit the club, so this needs ironed out . Whoever gets the long term lease will run the facility and make £ from the rental from it and any other income streams . I also believe they want to spend £ on it by improving the stadium more , i.e social club and some standing areas for fans etc . So why the council would not want this is beyond a joke . A local team willing to pay rent and improve the facility its a no brainer but then again it is EDC 

A subjective and minority opinion I suspect, but I'm not sure a social club (especially if seeking an alcohol licence) frequented by patrons daily is necessarily the best thing for a club to develop on the site, which might go against the ethos of providing access of the facility to a diverse range of stakeholders including children and vulnerable groups.

Edit - "social club" in the very stereotypical/traditional sense at least; if KRR have a broader vision of how a facility may be constructed and used then it of course might be a more positive development.

Edited by Pareidolia

9 hours ago, Junior supporter said:

The only thing I would say is that in the past when we had discussion with our LA the issue around improvements, social club and making money from the facility were very contentious and were never overcome. 

9 hours ago, Junior supporter said:

Didn't rob roy spend loads of the adamslie money on chasing glory when it was sold ? I could be wrong but I seem to remember them going mad for success in that period with wages and signings .

25 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Didn't rob roy spend loads of the adamslie money on chasing glory when it was sold ? I could be wrong but I seem to remember them going mad for success in that period with wages and signings .

That’s how I remember it too… Like the signings of Ian  Diack and Kevin Bradley from Pollok, wouldn’t have been cheap. 

As long as KRR are in the same league as Pollok, and continuing to play on grass at a decent Cumbernauld ground, rather than some sport centre is fine by me ! 

On 30/09/2023 at 19:49, Ginaro said:

Presumably this is because both users of Huntershill, West Park United and Rossvale, are at home in the Junior Cup next Saturday, so instead of moving to the Friday/Sunday Rossvale have found an alternative ground. Maybe Kirkintilloch Sports Complex only opens from October so it's just unfortunately that Rob Roy don't have another home game until 11th November.

However saying that, it appears Rob Roy did have a SRCC home game on Saturday 14th, but it was switched Hurlford as Cumbernauld United were at home as well...

I thought it is because Darvel have a big travelling support and a sports centre wouldn't cut it. 

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

That’s how I remember it too… Like the signings of Ian  Diack and Kevin Bradley from Pollok, wouldn’t have been cheap. 

As long as KRR are in the same league as Pollok, and continuing to play on grass at a decent Cumbernauld ground, rather than some sport centre is fine by me ! 

Totally agree and the more grass parks the better as these sport centres are soulless and are destroying our grade of football  ( totally aware that bellsdale has a slope of course)

20 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Totally agree and the more grass parks the better as these sport centres are soulless and are destroying our grade of football  ( totally aware that bellsdale has a slope of course)

Get that, I'm not too enamored with the cages either.

Question, what happens if, say bellsdale was to change to an top grade artificial pitch, would you be for or against?

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Get that, I'm not too enamored with the cages either.

Question, what happens if, say bellsdale was to change to an top grade artificial pitch, would you be for or against?

I would no longer attend and that's the honest answer.