What Artwork Do You Have In Your Home?

35 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Is the ‘silver tape on handle’ an original or a print?

Tape. The handle has basically fallen off the door. I use the edge of the door itself to open said door.

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

We're in the middle of renovating our house and I'd love to have Jean-Michel Basquiat artwork everywhere but the wife says it won't go with the "shabby chic" look she's going for. 

What have you lot got on your walls? 

No flying ducks or B&M silver/gold attempts at 'modern art' please. 

images (87).jpeg

images (85).jpeg

BASQUIAT_XL_GB_3D_01141.jpg

Nice work chief. Looking forward to the Where do you keep your expensive Jewellery?, Where do you keep your wad of cash?, During what hours is your house empty and what is your alarm code?,  and Where do you keep your laptops and ipads? threads. Hope you get properly weighed in.

- half a dozen or so Escher prints

OTkxOWM5ZTI4ZjA1N2YyOTBiZjdjMGQ3MTJkODY3OTDn2qxq-jIgUfOdBVWuhaVAaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNTI2YmFlYTNkYjViMDNiYTFlMDVhYjZkZmM4YmYxMTBjNDAwZjc4NTM3MmM4OWNkNWE1ZGU5M2U5YmU1MzZkYi5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4Mzk0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

- framed copies of all the Ride EP's and albums (from the 90's - none of that new shite)

image.png.9f4bdc2b59c694c88ad72eb83e0b2f7b.png

- a few Southern Railway posters extolling the virtues of Sussex and the South Downs

the-south-downs-southern-railway-art-print.jpg  vintage-southern-railway-the-south-downs-railway-poster-a4-a3-a2-a1-print-27732-p.jpg  s-l500.jpg

- a print showing the Lancastrian army being slaughtered at the Battle of Towton

The Battle of Towton - Canvas Print

- a 200 year old hand-tinted map of Yorkshire - the only thing worth anything...

Antique 19th century map of the County of York

dull old twat's house and no mistake....

Edited by Herman Hessian

45 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Nice work chief. Looking forward to the Where do you keep your expensive Jewellery?, Where do you keep your wad of cash?, During what hours is your house empty and what is your alarm code?,  and Where do you keep your laptops and ipads? threads. Hope you get properly weighed in.

20200506_212925.jpg.0bab07f832f199f62e7aa58585d7a5f1.jpg

The wife has naked drawings of herself and other random women all over the house.

Irritatingly, everyone assumes I put them there, like I'm unaware that the internet's full of lassies in the buff.

No, you're not getting pics, so I will GTF.

48 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The wife has naked drawings of herself and other random women all over the house.

Irritatingly, everyone assumes I put them there, like I'm unaware that the internet's full of lassies in the buff.

No, you're not getting pics, so I will GTF.

Aye they’re quite nice, particularly the one in the main bedroom.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Tape. The handle has basically fallen off the door. I use the edge of the door itself to open said door.

If only you had the time away from work to fix it...

IMG_20200506_191657780.thumb.jpg.f3c63347433579eb35d45897d37fd750.jpg

I have a couple of the old man's photos on the wall of the stairs. The left one is Crichton Castle, the other is from the 1960s when he was experimenting with techniques.

The old git would never gave framed them, he was far too lazy. Good photographer though!

IMG_20200506_191633094.thumb.jpg.511a7c782550dacfce0bc11c6f4aff01.jpg

Photo is a bit dark but this watercolour is quite bright. This was done by a family friend who was a decent painter. We have a couple by him 

He actually visited Berlin in the 30s on a student exchange and saw Hitler and Mussolini. Jim said "Hitler looked like my brother".

10 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

IMG_20200506_191633094.thumb.jpg.511a7c782550dacfce0bc11c6f4aff01.jpg

Photo is a bit dark but this watercolour is quite bright. This was done by a family friend who was a decent painter. We have a couple by him 

He actually visited Berlin in the 30s on a student exchange and saw Hitler and Mussolini. Jim said "Hitler looked like my brother".

Good old Jim Schicklgruber.