tHe BlUe PoUnD watch

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I wonder how long it will be before a situation arises where Sevco fans blame their poor on field performances on not having decent competition in Scotland.

When they are finished blaming the SNP

Nothing to do with Hamilton being unable to guarantee what anybody would be getting for their season ticket...if anything at all.

No doubt The Rangers will have season tickets available to buy regardless of whether any matches are played  :rolleyes:

This will be the pattern now for the delusional, bigoted morons

Any clubs does anything = ADMUNISTRASHUN!!!!!!!!

They'll twist themselves in knots and play the most astonishing mental gymnastics (they do that most days anyway) over the merest announcement. If a team changes kit supplier they'll have it that that team will be bust in a week. If a club releases a new strip it will be because they're raised funds to pay the administrations. If a player leaves a club then it's because that club has just made them redundant due to a secret administration event.

Dangerous, awful people who have no place in society.

10 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

Interesting. Not sure why they were playing Dundee instead of us, but it confirms we get no benefit from the Blue Pound.

Because Ross County were in the Championship in 2018/19. I used that because it's the last full season.

8 hours ago, Empty It said:
14 hours ago, GordonS said:
So I had a go at working out the value of this blue pound. I took the total attendances for Premiership clubs in 2018/19 and knocked off the attendances in their games against Rangers to find their average against the other 10 clubs. Then I looked at the difference between the attendances in those one or two Rangers games and the non-Rangers average. I then assumed £30 per ticket, which is probably wrong. Bear in mind that those who played them only once at home (St Johnstone, Dundee and St Mirren) would have had around double that if they'd played Rangers twice. Here's what I got:
Livingston FC    £367,013
Kilmarnock FC    £363,212
Aberdeen FC    £281,206
Motherwell FC    £263,172
Hamilton Academical FC    £173,718
Hibernian FC    £106,526
St. Johnstone FC    £101,162
Heart of Midlothian FC    £84,231
Dundee FC    £80,788
Celtic FC    £78,819
St. Mirren FC    £21,578

Interesting thing is St Mirren at the bottom - they only played Rangers once at home, and the attendance wasn't much more than their average. 
Total value of the blue pound is nearly £2 million, with nearly a two-thirds of that split between four clubs. 

What's that minus the cost every club incurs with their stadium being wrecked every time the scum come to town.

Dunno, but I don't know the value of hospitality, sponsorship, programmes, pies etc either.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This will be the pattern now for the delusional, bigoted morons

Any clubs does anything = ADMUNISTRASHUN!!!!!!!!

They'll twist themselves in knots and play the most astonishing mental gymnastics (they do that most days anyway) over the merest announcement. If a team changes kit supplier they'll have it that that team will be bust in a week. If a club releases a new strip it will be because they're raised funds to pay the administrations. If a player leaves a club then it's because that club has just made them redundant due to a secret administration event.

Dangerous, awful people who have no place in society.

Did Dave King not admit they needed £10M by the end of this season to keep the doors open?

I take it their fans realised they couldn't believe a word he said, so are figuring they must be fine.

Edit: imagine, by the way, burning through that kind of money and having that little to show for it. With their income, you could finish second in Scotland every year and still have enough cash left over for an independent investigation into every SPFL meeting.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, we should definitely take them seriously, as the last time Premiership teams were denied the blue pound, 6 clubs went in to administration within weeks 

It also caused massive social unrest. Frightening times.

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This figure will be way off for Killie.

The second game against Rangers was on the last day of the season and was our biggest league game in years given that it came with a chance to finish 3rd if we beat them (which we did). The home attendance was therefore much higher than normal. Also, the first game of last season (also a win) was also the last ever game where we gave Rangers both stands, something that won't be happening going forward.

I also have absolutely no doubt that Rangers will continue to sell out the one stand they get at Rugby Park, regardless of any mooted boycott, because there are sadly far too many of them in Ayrshire.

All Killie v Rangers attendances, from most recent season back:

2019/20

2018/19

2017/18

(Rangers went to Ibrox 3 times this season)

2016/17

So yeah, 2018/19 is definitely not typical for Killie. It was over 7,000 more than this season, which at £30 is well over £200,000 less this season than last.

The eagle-eyed will have noticed that this didn't bring Killie to their knees...

They will boycott absolutely nothing unfortunately..

This was all a smokescreen to distract them from the absolute mess Stevie G got them in on the pitch. Coronavirus saved him and a few rabble rousing words and no surrenders and they will be back in every town and city in Scotland with their bigoted pish.

Bookmarked...

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There's no such thing as a blue pound.

If, say, Livingston don't show up to play Rangers, nobody pays to watch. 

Well, at every home match against Rangers in 2018/19 Scottish Premiership clubs got a higher attendance than their average. It's not ridiculous to call that the blue pound. What's ridiculous is believing that it's large enough to influence the decisions clubs make - as Killie and Hibs have shown in recent seasons when they cut Rangers' allocation.

Anybody know how big the away section is at Ibrox?

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Well, at every home match against Rangers in 2018/19 Scottish Premiership clubs got a higher attendance than their average. It's not ridiculous to call that the blue pound. What's ridiculous is believing that it's large enough to influence the decisions clubs make - as Killie and Hibs have shown in recent seasons when they cut Rangers' allocation.

Anybody know how big the away section is at Ibrox?

No, I'm rejecting the entire notion of some clubs contributing, therefore deserving more income than others at the same level.

It's a fallacy.

Fans pay to watch two teams compete in a match which owes its meaning to a competition involving many others.

The fact that these fans would prefer one outcome over another is immaterial.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No, I'm rejecting the entire notion of some clubs contributing, therefore deserving more income than others at the same level.

It's a fallacy.

Fans pay to watch two teams compete in a match which owes its meaning to a competition involving many others.

The fact that these fans would prefer one outcome over another is immaterial.

I din't say anyone was deserving of more income. I'm talking about how many more attend Rangers away matches than the average at those grounds. It's just a matter of numbers and it's undeniable that there is a significant difference. 

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I din't say anyone was deserving of more income. I'm talking about how many more attend Rangers away matches than the average at those grounds. It's just a matter of numbers and it's undeniable that there is a significant difference. 

My objections are more fundamental.

I think great damage is done by the whole idea that finance is tied to individual clubs in this way and can be withheld as a sanction.