George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I met a child sex trafficker today but I turned a blind eye because he gave me a grand. 

A grand what?

16 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We've certainly got enough "issues" of our own which need addressed such as homelessness, child poverty and the general wealth gap in the country, so perhaps if these "outraged" people channeled said outrage a little more pertinently, then I'd be able to take them more seriously.

Willing to put everything that I've got that the majority of people involved in ripping that statue down have devoted more time and energy on these issues that you're weaponising than you ever have

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Yes, the chief of police is African American. Barack Obama was president of the United States you cretin, the whole point is that this goes a bit deeper than individual people in positions of power, hence why attacking something which will challenge our understanding of our own history and structures has been such an important part of this protest, for better or worse. Because believe it or not there's still more than a smidge of racism in the UK.

Again, the whole "I'll take them seriously when they tackle every injustice in the world" is just laziness. It's just another way of saying you don't want to have to think about it. It's too hard

Oh temper temper now !!

Being honest I don't really care too much about what happens in the states as we've got more than enough problems closer to home, the fact that this has spread over here has made it something I DO feel strongly enough to comment on, hence why I'm here.

Black lives do indeed matter but so do everyone's lives in my book, I don't differentiate by someone's skin colour, their religion or anything else. It just makes them a person to me and equal to one another which is more than can be said for some I could mention, so i wonder who the REAL racists are.................

11 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

I wasn’t calling you a racist, I’m referring to the many posters who are unable to accept that most right thinking people would find it shocking & unacceptable for the police (who’s job it is to look after the community) to murder someone.
This case is the straw that seems to have broken the camels back for many many people, there are hundreds of other incidents both in the US & here that have led to this public outcry.
Protesting is the “go to” way to demonstrate these injustices as by default, these people aren’t in a position to change things from the inside.

Apologies and Yes would 100% agree with this.

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Lads, I tried right? 

We're all entitled to our opinion and don't need to resort to attacking each other if we disagree otherwise we just end up like Days, viking, NTP  and their Inverness friend of many names and that's no good for anyone.

Just now, WATTOO said:

We're all entitled to our opinion and don't need to resort to attacking each other if we disagree otherwise we just end up like Days, viking, NTP  and their Inverness friend of many names and that's no good for anyone.

You can't attack anyone because you don't have a leg to stand on with your parade of utterly moronic 'contributions', you're fooling absolutely nobody with that shtick.

Just now, WATTOO said:

We are mate. Some of them are invalid though and I'm quite happy calling someone who implies anti-racism campaigners as "the REAL racists" a fucking moron. So stick me on your ignore list if that makes you unhappy 

Statues aren't sacred. They're simply ornaments put up by humans to celebrate someone they admired. Times change and we're under NO obligation to keep them in place forever. This isn't "re-writing history", it's simply acknowledging that as a society, we've moved on.

Citizens tearing down a statue of deposed dictators like Lenin, Stalin or Saddam Hussein is something we celebrated. The statue of Jimmy Saville was removed from the foyer of Scotstoun Leisure Centre and later destroyed. This despite him being a great philanthropist.

It's sad that people are genuinely crying because a monument to one of history's greatest crimes against humanity has been removed. The authorities wouldn't do it, so the people did. If that upsets you, then maybe you need to take a look at the values you hold

Just now, Shotgun said:

Citizens tearing down a statue of deposed dictators like Lenin, Stalin or Saddam Hussein is something we celebrated. The statue of Jimmy Saville was removed from the foyer of Scotstoun Leisure Centre and later destroyed. This despite him being a great philanthrapist.

FTFY.