George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

Seems that Floyd had a large rap sheet and was hardly a well behaved boy. Doesn’t really matter if he was a bit of a cnut or not. You’ve got him handcuffed, on the ground. You hear him pleading that he cannot breathe, but even though he’s lying handcuffed on the road, for over eight minutes, you kneel so hard on his neck you kill him. Your colleagues look on and do nothing. This is, on any level, absolutely shocking and it’s just not right. Clearly, without argument, it’s just not right, cnut or not. No wonder it has kicked off. They murdered another human being who was already under their control.

On the subject of Britain’s dodgy statues. There should be a campaign to have every last one of the statues to slave traders removed. Maybe they did donate money to the city they were associated with. All I can say is Jimmy Savile raised a lot of money for charity too. It’s not erasing history, statues are erected to celebrate the person that the statue is of. These people should not be celebrated. Absolutely disgusting that they haven’t been removed well before now, placed in the city museum instead, and displayed in context as to how they made the money they were able to give to the causes they did.

Edited by pozbaird

I remember the Saddam statue coming down live on TV and the Bristolians do seem better than the US military at the operation. Good God that ended up being a tedious bit of TV.

If you don’t remember who Saddam was because he was erased from history when his statue came down, apologies for any confusion caused

3 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Heavy "we should solve our own problems first before giving food to starving Africans" vibes off Wattoo today

That's certainly NOT what I was saying, on the contrary I was making the point that we're all to blame of being part of a system which sees multi Billionaires on one side and people who are starving to death on the other, that's just not right and rather than happening 300 years ago it's happening right now.

16 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We're all entitled to our opinion and don't need to resort to attacking each other if we disagree otherwise we just end up like Days, viking, NTP  and their Inverness friend of many names and that's no good for anyone.

Out of interest, how did you feel when the Thatcher statue was decapitated?

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not a lot of people know this, but Wattoo was banned from Daily Mail comments because they thought he was taking the pish.

That was just a vicious rumour.

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Yes, I get your point, although that's a bit like rubbing our noses in it as we're still living.

29 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

That's certainly NOT what I was saying, on the contrary I was making the point that we're all to blame of being part of a system which sees multi Billionaires on one side and people who are starving to death on the other, that's just not right and rather than happening 300 years ago it's happening right now.

Yeah, we're really not all 'to blame' for the prevailing economic and political structure of global society because 99.9% of people do not have sufficient agency to tear that down. Your big mate is directly responsible for the historical abomination of the transatlantic slave trade - alongside tens of thousands of others of course - because of his well-documented decision to, err, buy and sell other human beings as a product for the marketplace.

If you do not understand the importance of agency then you do not understand history.

Edited by vikingTON

33 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Mon’ then ya’ Dee Man cnut. Roon’ the back o’ Westminster, 4 o’clock. Tebbit’s haudin’ the jaikets....

F218B8A9-DB65-450C-9B66-4982F184E066.jpeg

17 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Someone I went to school with and still have on FB because of her crazy posts, including being anti vax and claiming 5G is a weapon, has now decided that George Floyds death was a false flag and BLM/AntiFa are funded by George Soros so as to divide us and start a race war.

It's weird how people convinced that powerful Jews run the world through the Illuminati and various elites always take the side of the elites and the dark state forces when there's a confrontation between them and the ordinary people.