WoSFL Premier Division thread

Back to the SoS and WoS conundrum.

South and West T6 licensed clubs in a newly revamped West Premier along with X number to make up 16/18 teams and then the rest slot in to Div 1/Championship with 3 up 3 down, but then relegating everyone else or could you revamp the West to retain the current number of leagues but restructure to ensure no one gets relegated (premier aside).  I doubt anyone votes will being relegated but regardless of your view, the SoS has 5 licensed clubs (Newton, Creetown, Wigtown, Saints & Dalbeattie) and possibly Gretna next season too. Some of these clubs have been SFA members and played by the rules long long before any LL was in effect and were at one time T5.

Maybe the West Prem could slot in at T7? ;)

On 16/08/2023 at 16:26, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I dont think its that bad Shanner, im sure you guys could buy some ‘tacky plastic shit’ from Hamilton and rebuild it incorrectly at your bit if you really tried ;)

Let me give you a wee lesson. The tacky shit your talking about was built by four supporters not the club. For years they battled to get the tacky shit built and only succeeded when they finally took out a £10k loan to finish it. Three of them still collect the 50p's for the stands upkeep. They shelled out £3000 for Bristol Rovers seats and £1500 for the bird netting, Talbot don't get one penny from the proceedings. Apart from that they built the two other enclosures and the catering facility as well as being the driving force for the floodlights. I'm one of those four guys and it upsets me when one little gobshite has a go at the work I have been involved in.

20 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

Let me give you a wee lesson. The tacky shit your talking about was built by four supporters not the club. For years they battled to get the tacky shit built and only succeeded when they finally took out a £10k loan to finish it. Three of them still collect the 50p's for the stands upkeep. They shelled out £3000 for Bristol Rovers seats and £1500 for the bird netting, Talbot don't get one penny from the proceedings. Apart from that they built the two other enclosures and the catering facility as well as being the driving force for the floodlights. I'm one of those four guys and it upsets me when one little gobshite has a go at the work I have been involved in.

You’ve been stewing over this for 5 days now eh? That result yesterday really tipped you over the edge eh? Go back and read the post it was a sarcastic response to a talbot fan making fun of another clubs ground improvements thus the quotation. Save me the sycophantic ‘lesson’. 
You even made a jokey post about ‘english buttocks’ in response to Shanners reply. Just absolutely choking to pick a fight after your team got beat. Its quite embarrassing really. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You’ve been stewing over this for 5 days now eh? That result yesterday really tipped you over the edge eh? Go back and read the post it was a sarcastic response to a talbot fan making fun of another clubs ground improvements thus the quotation. Save me the sycophantic ‘lesson’. 
You even made a jokey post about ‘english buttocks’ in response to Shanners reply. Just absolutely choking to pick a fight after your team got beat. Its quite embarrassing really. 

However you dress it up your a pure and utter fud. Do you honestly think a defeat by Clydebank tipped me over the edge? I tried to let it pass over but the more it bothered me. I thought it would be good to let folk know what real supporters are capable of doing.  Your hatred of Talbot clouds your judgement a lot, as I said do a bit of research before you ridicule the work some people have done to better there football club.  

9 hours ago, beaver watch said:

However you dress it up your a pure and utter fud. Do you honestly think a defeat by Clydebank tipped me over the edge? I tried to let it pass over but the more it bothered me. I thought it would be good to let folk know what real supporters are capable of doing.  Your hatred of Talbot clouds your judgement a lot, as I said do a bit of research before you ridicule the work some people have done to better there football club.  

Its ok i like you too. X

Just a thought but is there any particular reason for Cumnock, Talbot and Glenafton, three teams only separated by six miles all being away from home at the same time, this has been the case for all fixtures so far this season and all being at home on the same day. 
Thinking about the supporters who for whatever reasons don’t travel too far for away games and don’t  have the opportunity to see a local game on a Saturday 

1 hour ago, bigecumnock said:

Just a thought but is there any particular reason for Cumnock, Talbot and Glenafton, three teams only separated by six miles all being away from home at the same time, this has been the case for all fixtures so far this season and all being at home on the same day. 
Thinking about the supporters who for whatever reasons don’t travel too far for away games and don’t  have the opportunity to see a local game on a Saturday 

Could always go to Lugar. 

19 hours ago, bigecumnock said:

Thats bizarre if true. I'm sure it must be coincidental mind you - there can't be a reason for planning it like that youd've thought

22 hours ago, bigecumnock said:

Probably coincidental the way things have worked in or might even be a mistake but yeah, separated by 6 miles, and who don't travel away would probably want to go and watch another local team in the premier league

On 22/08/2023 at 12:59, bigecumnock said:

You'd hope it's just a coincidence, as it seems like for the first 9 matchdays you have the same teams at home with the same teams away swapping each matchday.

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Probably coincidental the way things have worked in or might even be a mistake but yeah, separated by 6 miles, and who don't travel away would probably want to go and watch another local team in the premier league

Yer havin a laugh surely.

Talbot fans giving their cash to Cumnock and vice versa.

Never going to happen.

1 minute ago, Casper Wilson said:

Yer havin a laugh surely.

Talbot fans giving their cash to Cumnock and vice versa.

Never going to happen.

You not embarrassed  🤣🤣🤣

It's already happened, many times, I mean some want to see their rivals getting pumped also, especially if the team their rivals are playing happen to be playing their own team the following weeks but i aint saying in their droves, there will be a few, the ones who don't travel to their home teams away games.

2 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You not embarrassed  🤣🤣🤣

It's already happened, many times, I mean some want to see their rivals getting pumped also, especially if the team their rivals are playing happen to be playing their own team the following weeks but i aint saying in their droves, there will be a few, the ones who don't travel to their home teams away games.

Embarrassed? Moi? 🤣

You're not from darkest Ayrshire, are ye?

Me neither but at least I do know that no Cumnock or Talbot fan would even consider going to the others place of worship far less give them any candy to do so.

Also if all 3 are away from home on the same day it will at least give the local polis one weekend off.

14 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Embarrassed? Moi? 🤣

You're not from darkest Ayrshire, are ye?

Me neither but at least I do know that no Cumnock or Talbot fan would even consider going to the others place of worship far less give them any candy to do so.

Also if all 3 are away from home on the same day it will at least give the local polis one weekend off.

Funny that, well i consider that your view
At least I can say factually that I know Cunmock fans and Talbot fans have went to watch the other team, why, cause I have a few who are friends on both sides and have done so, even when Tony McInally was manager, the talbot fans went hoping that he wouldn't leave cause he's a balloon and the Cumnock fans would watch Talbot so they didnt need to watch McInallys coaching their team 🤣.

Outwith that, anyone hear how that coach is getting on who feel ill during a match recently?, not heard much although I've been working away quite a lot so hoping that he's going to be Ok

Beith 1 glenafton 4 (aet) at somersett Park in the Scottish junior cup semi final ,a blatant tom Brown dive earning glenafton a late penalty in regulation time after Hughie findlay scored a first half header for beith from a Steve monan left footed free kick . Think there was about a crowd of 6,000 there that night and about 1992 .

Edited by Thejackdaw