WoSFL Premier Division thread

1 hour ago, Dean Learner said:

I have time for every club at this level trying to make the best of what they have but I have to say, it is a disgrace that MTC Park is considered an acceptable venue to charge £8 to watch a game at. No toilets, no food and the capacity must be tiny(not helped by dedicating half of the touchline to the small volume of home fans). Overtakes New Tinto as the worst venue in the league and it's not even close. 

Isn't it a WoSFL regulation that there must be toilet and food facilities inside the ground?

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Isn't it a WoSFL regulation that there must be toilet and food facilities inside the ground?

I have no idea but if it is then I can only assume they have gotten around that by pointing to the leisure centre toilets and vending machines. 

1 minute ago, Dean Learner said:

I have no idea but if it is then I can only assume they have gotten around that by pointing to the leisure centre toilets and vending machines. 

Having been there, that's not a solution.  It really is tin pot that a Premier club doesn't have toilets in their ground, a disgrace really and part of the problem okaying 3g cages.

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Having been there, that's not a solution.  It really is tin pot that a Premier club doesn't have toilets in their ground, a disgrace really and part of the problem okaying 3g cages.

You'll be getting portaloo's and catering next season at Drumchapel but don't be asking for any cover from the elements.

Gartcairn and Drumchapel are awful places to watch a game. The leisure centres they use do provide decent parking and toilets but that is all that can be said for them.

2 hours ago, Dean Learner said:

All of that was missing. 

Toilets and a vending machine in the leisure centre. The guy there told us there was a cafe up the road but never bothered. 

Been watching Glenafton all my life worst venue I’ve ever watched football

To echo, quite simply the worst place I’ve had the displeasure of watching football. The way fans were packed in. No pies, no toilet facilities, surely these are minimum requirements? Great win made it just bearable. 

It's a shame that potentially whoever finishes 3rd bottom whether it is Glenafton or Arthurlie or Kirkintilloch Rob Roy will lose their place in the league to a Gartcairn who don't think twice about spending £15-20,000 on a player or two but won't install permanent toilets or won't spent that to have decent catering facilities. Dunterlie may have seen better days but you can get a pie and a refreshment and a really good view of the game & shelter from the elements. All should be normal at our level. The 4g cage grounds are just brutal and I know plenty supporters will just avoid going if Gartcairn/ Benburb / Drumchapel away.

Edited by Shannon

55 minutes ago, Shannon said:

It's a shame that potentially whoever finishes 3rd bottom whether it is Glenafton or Arthurlie or Kirkintilloch Rob Roy will lose their place in the league to a Gartcairn who don't think twice about spending £15-20,000 on a player or two but won't install permanent toilets or won't spent that to have decent catering facilities. Dunterlie may have seen better days but you can get a pie and a refreshment and a really good view of the game & shelter from the elements. All should be normal at our level. The 4g cage grounds are just brutal and I know plenty supporters will just avoid going if Gartcairn/ Benburb / Drumchapel away.

100% agree.

Give me a trip to Meadow, Arthurlie, even Cumbernauld for all of the problems that is with two teams playing there vs Gartcairns of the world. 

Embarrassing that you pay to watch football at that place.
its a boys club ground at best.  

9 hours ago, Burnieman said:

It can't be; without even thinking about there is Huntershill Hub, Kilsyth Sportsfield, Stepford Football Centre. All cages with varying degrees of not a lot, none of which are inside the perimeter of the playing field.

8 hours ago, Shannon said:

Shannon been to New Tinto a good few times. Wouldn't call that a cage, what's the issues with it compared to the actual cages.

Granted the pitch is 'not good'. 

There is the clubhouse behind the goal and a covered enclosure, although did enjoy the wee commonwealth seats they had pre-licensing. 

I remember that particular pitch at the MTC when it was used for youth games.

The main issue with the council park cages is they were never intended to accommodate the paying public. Youth games and armies that is their limit.

9 hours ago, PossilYM said:

You'll be getting portaloo's and catering next season at Drumchapel but don't be asking for any cover from the elements.

Any idea what Crownpoint will be like for Finnart next season.

Although anything, virtually anything is an improvement on Springburn Synthetic.

29 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Any idea what Crownpoint will be like for Finnart next season.

Although anything, virtually anything is an improvement on Springburn Synthetic.

Anything has got to be an improvement than playing up the Bundy.

Also with work ready to start with Westminster government money at Budhill and Sellik splashing the cash at Barrowfield it's all go in the East End.

12 hours ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

When we at Gartcairn twice there was two porta-toilets and a food van. Was the latter missing today? 

Been up at Gartcairn many times and always been welcomed with open arms. Portaloos at the top left hand side towards the containers etc. Food always available. Weird that it wasn't yesterday.

11 hours ago, Burnieman said:

10 hours ago, PollokGang said:

To echo, quite simply the worst place I’ve had the displeasure of watching football. The way fans were packed in. No pies, no toilet facilities, surely these are minimum requirements? Great win made it just bearable. 

7 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

A terrible experience today at Gartcairn.A ground with no redeeming features and completely unacceptable that this is permitted in WOSFL.

Yes lets put this guy in charge of the west of scotland league… fans first eh? Aye but top notch social media! 

If you charge an entry fee, you should be obligated to provide M/F toilets at the very minimum, preferably hot/cold drinks as well.  This isn't the 19th century, well......

I was at Linton Hotspur yesterday, a new EoS club from the Border Amateurs. Great set-up, large bar area servig food and drinks with TV & seating, another hospitality area under construction (all using new Portacabin style buildings), toilets and a seated stand for about 50.   Their attendances are less than 100.

If a club lke that can provide facilities, surely clubs who spend £000's on players can as well.

Edited by Burnieman