WoSFL Premier Division thread

1 hour ago, Pabloadamos67 said:

Been up at Gartcairn many times and always been welcomed with open arms. Portaloos at the top left hand side towards the containers etc. Food always available. Weird that it wasn't yesterday.

Welcomed with open arms???

By whom?

The gateman?

Best line i heard at MTC was, North Lanarkshire Council doesn't allow us to sell food!!!

Remember having plenty of grub for a visiting committee and selling a paying punter a pie and bovril are two entirely different things.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Welcomed with open arms???

By whom?

The gateman?

Best line i heard at MTC was, North Lanarkshire Council doesn't allow us to sell food!!!

Remember having plenty of grub for a visiting committee and selling a paying punter a pie and bovril are two entirely different things.

We were at the MTC in July (first game of the season) and November (Junior Cup tie) and there was toilets and a food stall inside the ground.

Maybe some jobsworth from the council has turned up and told them that they can't have these inside the ground, some council byelaw or licence required.

4 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Anything has got to be an improvement than playing up the Bundy.

Also with work ready to start with Westminster government money at Budhill and Sellik splashing the cash at Barrowfield it's all go in the East End.

Regeneration I believe its called.

14 hours ago, bc57 said:

Gartcairn and Drumchapel are awful places to watch a game. The leisure centres they use do provide decent parking and toilets but that is all that can be said for them.

And you've been to the Sportsfield and Huntershill this year. The Drum's must be real bad then, at first I wasn't concerned at the cages having been in youth football for 20 plus years.

But as has been pointed out, they are charging real money for this. And going with someone in a wheelchair can be something of a challenge at some 'venues'.

4 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Anything has got to be an improvement than playing up the Bundy.

Also with work ready to start with Westminster government money at Budhill and Sellik splashing the cash at Barrowfield it's all go in the East End.

Also the plans at Stepford, although haven't heard any updates for a while from the Academy. All go in the east end then.

3 hours ago, Burnieman said:

If you charge an entry fee, you should be obligated to provide M/F toilets at the very minimum, preferably hot/cold drinks as well.  This isn't the 19th century, well......

I was at Linton Hotspur yesterday, a new EoS club from the Border Amateurs. Great set-up, large bar area servig food and drinks with TV & seating, another hospitality area under construction (all using new Portacabin style buildings), toilets and a seated stand for about 50.   Their attendances are less than 100.

If a club lke that can provide facilities, surely clubs who spend £000's on players can as well.

Welcome to the Wild West.

Hell, even down here in the forgotten South all grounds have basic facilities, Stranraer SOS aside, and quite a few give an enjoyable experience to the paying customer. 

If Gartcairn were a fairly new club at semi-pro level down in the lower reaches of the WOS I'd be understanding of their ground being as it is. Much less so of a club that's been playing at a semi-pro level for a decade & has players like Ian McShane, Kieran MacDonald & Thomas Reilly on their books.

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

And you've been to the Sportsfield and Huntershill this year. The Drum's must be real bad then, at first I wasn't concerned at the cages having been in youth football for 20 plus years.

But as has been pointed out, they are charging real money for this. And going with someone in a wheelchair can be something of a challenge at some 'venues'.

Huntershill is next week and, is one of the few games that I will miss this season. If I have to miss any, I prefer it to be a plastic one.

57 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

If Gartcairn were a fairly new club at semi-pro level down in the lower reaches of the WOS I'd be understanding of their ground being as it is. Much less so of a club that's been playing at a semi-pro level for a decade & has players like Ian McShane, Kieran MacDonald & Thomas Reilly on their books.

Best post I've read on here in ages .

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Spot on and given that they were allowed to join over a decade ago without a ground at that time and with promises of that being rectified within a few months of the season starting, you have to question the process that was undertaken at that time and why clubs that voted them in were lied to.

46 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Spot on and given that they were allowed to join over a decade ago without a ground at that time and with promises of that being rectified within a few months of the season starting, you have to question the process that was undertaken at that time and why clubs that voted them in were lied to.

Unfortunately, it seems to be a common theme here in the West, clubs promising the world, then nothing. God help us if Broomhill are relegated.

I know you have brought it up in the past; a sliding scale of facilities etc required to be eligible to play at each tier. Might someone bring it up at agm?

To be fair it's not easy for the league to manage clubs without appearing dictatorial and unsympathetic.

There are other issues, with clubs jumping around different grounds at whim. I have no issue with groundshares but it needs to be realistic.

Ok children calm down...

the below containers have been installed which are toilets and a food cube but not completed yet and more will arrive. The portaloos were taken away due to the fact we didn't have a home game in 7 weeks and now don't have one for another 3 weeks so wasn't much point. The sporty provided toilets for the pollok guys and same for our last game v Hurlford. 

full hospitality was given to the committee (who didn't turn up) and the players who we gifted 3 goals lol

see all you lovely people next season where I'm expecting Arthurlie and Polloks grounds to offer sushi or any hospitality for that matter. Well maybe we won't see Arthurlie right enough.

thanks all 

IMG_8340.jpeg

Edited by Cairn Cheerleader

19 minutes ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

Ok children calm down...

the below containers have been installed which are toilets and a food cube but not completed yet and more will arrive. The portaloos were taken away due to the fact we didn't have a home game in 7 weeks and now don't have one for another 3 weeks so wasn't much point. The sporty provided toilets for the pollok guys and same for our last game v Hurlford. 

full hospitality was given to the committee (who didn't turn up) and the players who we gifted 3 goals lol

see all you lovely people next season where I'm expecting Arthurlie and Polloks grounds to offer sushi or any hospitality for that matter. Well maybe we won't see Arthurlie right enough.

thanks all 

IMG_8340.jpeg

What about a pie hut? All well feeding a visiting committee but the paying punters should have been made aware about the lack of facilities. 

34 minutes ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

Ok children calm down...

thanks all 

IMG_8340.jpeg

To be honest, I really couldn’t care about the toilets, pies etc. 

It’s the fact it’s a shit experience to watch football. 
View from one side of the ground, that in some places is broken up by 5 aside goals meaning there is areas you can’t stand.

Flat viewing which means anyone standing at the barrier blocks the view for anyone who uses the  porta cabin seating sections.

There is plenty of space behind the fence at the dug outs for money to be spent to at least create elevated standing sections like Petershill have. 

I believe there was a ‘podium’ for the ref to pick the ball from when players walked out, you have a ‘score board’ between the dug outs, all vanity things, but meanwhile pumping money on players and leaving the paying punter with a shit place to watch football. 

41 minutes ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

Ok children calm down...

thanks all 

IMG_8340.jpeg

Well, unless we draw each other in a cup we won't be visiting. You make flippant remarks about sushi etc but maybe if your club offered anything maybe people wouldn't pass comment. Maybe take some of the money you are paying your big names that the club (apparently) generates through it business club to improve the spectator experience and maybe that would attract more home fans too.

The fact the club are more than happy to plough larger amounts into their playing staff while not improving the facilities (not just Gartcairn btw) or using other clubs is why I have an issue with how the game is currently run at this level. 

10 minutes ago, superpollok said:

To be honest, I really couldn’t care about the toilets, pies etc. 

It’s the fact it’s a shit experience to watch football. 
View from one side of the ground, that in some places is broken up by 5 aside goals meaning there is areas you can’t stand.

Flat viewing which means anyone standing at the barrier blocks the view for anyone who uses the  porta cabin seating sections.

There is plenty of space behind the fence at the dug outs for money to be spent to at least create elevated standing sections like Petershill have. 

I believe there was a ‘podium’ for the ref to pick the ball from when players walked out, you have a ‘score board’ between the dug outs, all vanity things, but meanwhile pumping money on players and leaving the paying punter with a shit place to watch football. 

It is easy to not care about fans when you have very few and dont rely on them to fund the club!!

Just now, Arthurlie1981 said:

Well, unless we draw each other in a cup we won't be visiting. You make flippant remarks about sushi etc but maybe if your club offered anything maybe people wouldn't pass comment. Maybe take some of the money you are paying your big names that the club (apparently) generates through it business club to improve the spectator experience and maybe that would attract more home fans too.

The fact the club are more than happy to plough larger amounts into their playing staff while not improving the facilities (not just Gartcairn btw) or using other clubs is why I have an issue with how the game is currently run at this level. 

And the league is about to be run by a guy who’s from Gartcairn!

You couldn’t make it up 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

Ok children calm down...

thanks all 

IMG_8340.jpeg

As long as the committees are sorted, eh? Sod the punters. 

Question - why do you direct away fans to cram in along one half of the pitch whilst the home half lies virtually unused?  As somebody else has said, the experience of watching the game itself is as poor as the lack of facilities. 

1 hour ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

Ok children calm down...

thanks all 

IMG_8340.jpeg

It's taken a decade to move from portaloos to recycled container toilets?