COVID-19 In Scottish Football

“We’re not expecting a great deal of sympathy for the mistakes we have made but there are things that need to be looked at and maybe a bit of fairness applied. “I’m talking about car sharing when individuals knew that wasn’t allowed. I can’t see how you can hold the club responsible for that one.

Do their players park over a hill and hike into training?

His point on protocols being broken elsewhere is no doubt correct but isn't a great defence particularly given how this seems to work i.e. postponement+breaches=offence.

12 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Just move on ffs.

Even if the board challenge it behind the scenes we don't need the manager coming out and saying that, he just sounds like a Jambo or Jag. Heard enough of that since April.

He's still got at least six months of incessant whining and crying before he even comes close to their levels of misplaced outrage.

I know it’s a different country in respect of Covid regulations, I know it’s a different league under different rules, but I watched the start of the Reading v Nottingham Forest match yesterday lunchtime. 2000 fans all in one stand. There was one seat between each fan and there were no rows unused. This meant that fans were sitting directly in front or behind other fans. The cameras spent a fair bit of time on the fans before kick off and folk were leaning over the spare seats to speak to their neighbours, and leaning forwards to speak to the fans in front of them. Not everyone was wearing masks although the majority were. In effect, what Reading had put in place to keep fans socially distanced was pointless. How can two teams of medical advisors from Scotland and England see things so differently, or were Reading breaching the English rules? I’ve no idea, but when you what Ross County and Aberdeen have done in their test events it’s night and day compared with Reading. 

On 05/12/2020 at 13:08, CambieBud said:

IMG_2011.thumb.jpg.85e2975663d004e5ba192803bd8aecff.jpg

This is Reading vs Forest today. Apparently the 2000 fans are allowed to sit together like a Dundee Utd team photo?

Aye it's baffling, why cram everyone in to one stand. 

Saw the Liverpool highlights, didn't even bother using the entire stand to space people out, everyone was in the middle of it.

Then you can't have 200 at a match in Scotland.

Edited by red23

5 hours ago, bennett said:

Is there any chance of the Scottish government taking action against football continuing due to two weekends of rioting in a tier 4 area?

Just award the title to a club from the area with the lowest tier and whose players have behaved themselves

Congratulations Ross County

12 hours ago, red23 said:

Aye it's baffling, why cram everyone in to one stand. 

Saw the Liverpool highlights, didn't even bother using the entire stand to space people out, everyone was in the middle of it.

Then you can't have 200 at a match in Scotland.

Yes you can. In fact you can 300.

Why is it relevant what England are doing?

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I know it’s a different country in respect of Covid regulations, I know it’s a different league under different rules, but I watched the start of the Reading v Nottingham Forest match yesterday lunchtime. 2000 fans all in one stand. There was one seat between each fan and there were no rows unused. This meant that fans were sitting directly in front or behind other fans. The cameras spent a fair bit of time on the fans before kick off and folk were leaning over the spare seats to speak to their neighbours, and leaning forwards to speak to the fans in front of them. Not everyone was wearing masks although the majority were. In effect, what Reading had put in place to keep fans socially distanced was pointless. How can two teams of medical advisors from Scotland and England see things so differently, or were Reading breaching the English rules? I’ve no idea, but when you what Ross County and Aberdeen have done in their test events it’s night and day compared with Reading. 

Happened a quite a few games in England over the weekend. 

For what its worth I dont think the CMO in England will be happy about it at all but he's a bit part player in the decision making in England in comparison to Scotland, doesn't have the platform and is discouraged from discussing his views openly, look at the difference with ours appearing on off the ball and his counter part only wheeled out when they want to scapegoat him to give bad news. 

I also think the clubs wont be challenged about it either as I think allowing fans back was a demand of the Premier League to the Gov in turn for agreeing the lower league bailouts. The Gov had applied quite a bit of pressure on the Premier League to get the deal done and that would have been used as a makeweight. 

On 05/12/2020 at 15:49, craigkillie said:

This definitely has to be the case now. The exact same arguments being made by the SPFL about the tight schedule would still apply, so if a club had breached the rules to cause that postponement then they would surely have to forfeit.

Celtic being allowed to put their game v Hibs back 2 days to arrange a sunshine training camp in Spain - even though Hibs said no - raises a further interesting scenario.

Does that mean a club with players isolating could put a game back 2 or 3 days if that made them available?

Is this proved the difference in making enough players available to avoid a postponement - does that mean they could avoid what might otherwise have caused 3-0 forfeit?

Celtic being allowed to put their game v Hibs back 2 days to arrange a sunshine training camp in Spain - even though Hibs said no - raises a further interesting scenario.

Does that mean a club with players isolating could put a game back 2 or 3 days if that made them available?

Is this proved the difference in making enough players available to avoid a postponement - does that mean they could avoid what might otherwise have caused 3-0 forfeit?

Would guess the answer to that would be no. For a simple reason, the rules are different for Celtic and Rangers.

17 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

369F6E59-583B-4DD3-8701-192485BAAB87.jpeg

17 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

This is speculation as I don't know but I'm guessing there will be a cut off for how soon before a game you can make said request.

“We’re not expecting a great deal of sympathy for the mistakes we have made but there are things that need to be looked at and maybe a bit of fairness applied. “I’m talking about car sharing when individuals knew that wasn’t allowed. I can’t see how you can hold the club responsible for that one.

Do their players park over a hill and hike into training?

His point on protocols being broken elsewhere is no doubt correct but isn't a great defence particularly given how this seems to work i.e. postponement+breaches=offence.
I believe the players were told not to car share but some did anyway. When this was discovered they were told to stop. So St Mirren admitted it had happened but the club had not endorsed it. Similar to player breaches in many other clubs that did happen but did not necessarily transmit Covid. Lucky for some.

For the team photos of the Arabs and Sellic the breach was endorsed by the Clubs. So what happens to them?