COVID-19 In Scottish Football

3 minutes ago, DC92 said:

This doesn't address my argument at all.

Self-interest implies a lack of regard for others. There is no lack of regard for others in wanting restrictions lifted because it benefits everyone. That's how football clubs make their money. It's a common interest.

Rangers want a sporting advantage at the expense of others. That is self-interest.

Your argument relies on the idea that self-interest is not the same as common interest. Often, the two are exactly the same. In fact, for something to become a common interest with other clubs, it would first have to be self-interest.

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Locked out fans out earlier in the season, and want to make sure it’s the same

Also cut out allocation after a few pumpings

I think you’re worried normal service will soon resume. 

RFC have went from arguing it’s fans shouldn’t be locked out last year to this year apparently happy for stadiums to be closed.

As I said… shitebags 

Didn’t Celtic also cut away allocations earlier in the season ? 😂

nobody is happy for stadiums to be closed . The arguement is wether games should proceed . Closed doors is here for a while 

try and read and engage your bitter filled brain before commenting in future 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Power in terms of league position? Yes, absolutely.

Yes, Rangers voted against it previously because Celtic were in a position of power then. The cost to other clubs was absolutely considered given Rangers proposed an interim allocation of prize money. This was deemed not possible by the SPFL but then became apparent afterwards that they did indeed have the power to do it, if I'm not mistaken.

You again are refusing to answer my question on whether or not you would expect Celtic to vote the same way as Rangers if the roles were reversed.

I have already said I am scunnered that we are not able to attend matches. I have also said that I can see why Rangers would vote a certain way due to the potential disadvantage it may bring us. That is not to say I am happy that fans cannot attend matches.

It also needs to be considered whether full attendances will be allowed following this initial 3 week period of restrictions. I very much doubt they will, so if Rangers also hold that opinion then they will likely feel it is best to play the games just now anyway.

This whole debate has only come about because you say that you accept clubs will vote for self interest yet refuse to accept that's what Rangers are doing. Or, if you do accept it, you think it is simply being done to go against the grain, which is simply not true and would be evidenced if you finally state whether or not you'd expect Celtic to do the same in our position.

I don’t think your position in the league at this stage of the season offers you any additional power of influence over this decision, I could be wrong however I wouldn’t have thought so.

I accept Rangers will operate in their own interests but that isn’t the question I asked. What I was curious about is that in recent times Rangers self interests always seem to be in direct opposition to the majority of clubs for example 1st lockdown, Cinch and now this winter break. Rangers seem to always find themselves on the other side of the fence for some reason and I’m curious as to why that is especially knowing the further reaching impact on other clubs, it’s not about them acting in self interest but why their interests never really align with anyone else

Whats with this desire for me to answer a hypothetical question which isn’t my reality? I can only imagine its to either try validate your opinion or reassure yourself or both but let me do my best for you.

Firstly it could never be like for like as Celtic don’t have the same challenges with players going out to the AFCON so we wouldn’t be disadvantaged in that way so no reason for Celtic to say no in that respect

Secondly when has playing behind closed doors offered Celtic a competitive advantage especially against Rangers? Well the answer to that is entirely results based and it hasn’t so why on earth would we want to find ourselves again in a scenario which many Celtic people believe was a major contributory factor in us loosing out to Rangers? That would be fucking mental.

So based on that I don’t think Celtic would automatically reject the notion of brining a winter break forward and probably side more on the reason to go with the majority. 

Obviously you will disagree but I’ve answered your question

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

So when do we extend the winter break until ? March or April . There is no guarantee whatsoever we willl see fans in grounds in 3 weeks time . If anything the current Scottish governments previous tells us to expect a long drawn out return to full stadiums 

I would say it's pretty obvious. The break is extended to the government's proposed date of return. If by that date it's still a maximum of 500 fans then the games are played regardless. But you have to give matches every chance of being played in normal circumstances. 

51 minutes ago, G51 said:

Going to be some laugh when the winter break is brought forward, only for fixtures to recommence without fans and at least one team having to postpone fixtures due to an outbreak.

If that happens, then it happens, but it's got to be given a chance.

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I don’t think your position in the league at this stage of the season offers you any additional power of influence over this decision, I could be wrong however I wouldn’t have thought so.

I accept Rangers will operate in their own interests but that isn’t the question I asked. What I was curious about is that in recent times Rangers self interests always seem to be in direct opposition to the majority of clubs for example 1st lockdown, Cinch and now this winter break. Rangers seem to always find themselves on the other side of the fence for some reason and I’m curious as to why that is especially knowing the further reading impact on other clubs

Whats with this desire for me to answer a hypothetical question which isn’t my reality? I can only imagine its to either try validate your opinion or reassure yourself or both but let me do my best for you.

Firstly it could never be like for like as Celtic don’t have the same challenges with players going out to the AFCON so we wouldn’t be disadvantaged in that way so no reason for Celtic to say no in that respect

Secondly when has playing behind closed doors offered Celtic a competitive advantage especially against Rangers? Well the answer to that is entirely results based and it hasn’t so why on earth would we want to find ourselves again in a scenario which many Celtic people believe was a major contributory factor in us loosing out to Rangers? That would be fucking mental.

So based on that I don’t think Celtic would automatically reject the notion of brining a winter break forward and probably side more on the reason to go with the majority. 

Obviously you will disagree but I’ve answered your question

If you accept that Rangers will operate in their own interests and you accept that if they vote against bringing forward the winter break they are doing so with their own best interest in mind then there is literally nothing else left regarding the matter. This whole Rangers being on the wrong side argument is a moot point if you are accepting why we may vote that way.

As for the rest, I think it's a cop out. "We don't have players going to AFCON so won't be impacted the same way..." that's why I said if the roles were reversed! Of course it's a hypothetical situation but you are currently comparing a very different Celtic situation to that of a very different Rangers one.

In that regard, I don't believe you truly believe Celtic would vote a different way if they found themselves in the EXACT situation Rangers are in.

Edited by AJF

16 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Didn’t Celtic also cut away allocations earlier in the season ? 😂

nobody is happy for stadiums to be closed . The arguement is wether games should proceed . Closed doors is here for a while 

try and read and engage your bitter filled brain before commenting in future 

I like how you avoided my points 

It’s totally convinced me they don’t want the game to go ahead behind closed doors for anything other than shitebag behaviour 

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

No idea what that means from Aberdeen 

are they getting wind that the games are going ahead ?

They are making the necessary preparations in the case they do go ahead

Albeit they are not in favour of only going ahead with the ridiculous 500 max attendances 

Which part of that did you need clarified?

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

If you accept that Rangers will operate in their own interests and you accept that if they vote against bringing forward the winter break they are doing so with their own best interest in mind then there is literally nothing else left regarding the matter. This whole Rangers being on the wrong side argument is a moot point if you are accepting why we may vote that way.

As for the rest, I think it's a cop out. "We don't have players going to AFCON so won't be impacted the same way..." that's why I said if the roles were reversed! Of course it's a hypothetical situation but you are currently comparing a very different Celtic situation to that of a very different Rangers one.

In that regard, I don't believe you truly believe Celtic would vote a different way if they found themselves in the EXACT situation Rangers are in.

I could never envisage a situation where Celtic would prefer to play behind closed doors even if we had players going to AFCON solely based on the perceived impact it had on us nor would I want us to.

However we may have to and if we do then so be it but I’m for exploring any options that allows us back

33 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I could never envisage a situation where Celtic would prefer to play behind closed doors even if we had players going to AFCON solely based on the perceived impact it had on us nor would I want us to.

However we may have to and if we do then so be it but I’m for exploring any options that allows us back

You could always singlehandledly go out defeat the new Covid variant doing the rounds till it disappears  . Only way we are seeing full stadiums any time soon under this government unfortunately 

Edited by Forever_blueco

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I think Celtic would vote for whatever gave them the biggest advantage, just as I suspect Rangers will.

We've done this to death now so I'm out. We will agree to disagree.