The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

Resigning as leader of the Scottish Conservatives, but will continue as an MSP unless he wins in Aberdeenshire/Moray, at which point he'll resign as an MSP and soldier on as a big-boy MP.

Best summed up as, "I'll resign so long as you still give me an outlet to make money from politics in some capacity". What a wee toad. Hopefully the residents of his new constituency remember what he did to Duguid and greet him with a hail of jobbies.

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Resigning as leader of the Scottish Conservatives, but will continue as an MSP unless he wins in Aberdeenshire/Moray, at which point he'll resign as an MSP and soldier on as a big-boy MP.

Best summed up as, "I'll resign so long as you still give me an outlet to make money from politics in some capacity". What a wee toad. Hopefully the residents of his new constituency remember what he did to Duguid and greet him with a hail of jobbies.

Who will become the new leader of the Scottish Tories?

I am shocked to find that a man who has three jobs is an opportunist moneygrabber. 

He's resigning as leader, because he's fallen short* of the standards required. He's resigning as an MSP, because he's fallen short of the standards required. But being an MP remains just fine, seemingly, even though that's where these expenses issues have arisen from. Impeccable logic, here, from a power-crazed moron. 

This is fraud. If any one of us in a normal job claimed expenses that were outside of policy in the way that Ross has, we'd be sacked. Perhaps censured and made to pay it back in the event that it was an isolated and genuine error, but Ross has no defence here. To take one example (and you only need one), there are claims for London - Glasgow flights, which are out of policy, plus car parking, for dates that he was officiating a Celtic game. He's been caught. He's a fraudster. 

On a different note, the SFA should be investigating him as well. A man that is as dishonest as Douglas Ross should not be officiating football matches. 

Edited by Michael W

8 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This reeks of somebody who would rather not have any more scrutiny of his expenses claims.

I think he's probably just realised exactly how odious he is, and that there are people in his own party ready to throw him under a bus at the first possible opportunity.

Could be expenses, could be past murder victims, but there's always going to be someone ready to tip the press off about him now.

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

On a different note, the SFA should be investigating him as well. A man that is as dishonest as Douglas Ross should not be officiating football matches. 

Genuinely, more likely that they'll create some kind of panel to investigate standards in refereeing in order to give him a new job as chair.

Regardless of what happens this stink will follow him around for some time.  As the BBC report says, “When a party leader announces their resignation in the middle of an election campaign, you know something has gone very wrong.”

39 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Probably that Gallagher woman. Or Noel Gallagher. Or Satan himself. Or an 8ft tall animatronic cock. Cock would have my vote. 

Salmond's jibe of this being "the first case of a rat deserting a sinking ship while simultaneously trying to board the gravy train" was a fantastic bit of witticism. 

The man obviously has baggage, but I miss the big fella ragdolling opponents.

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

My vote would be Kirstene Hair if than can bully some MSP with a cold to hand over their seat.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

He's resigning as leader, because he's fallen short* of the standards required. He's resigning as an MSP, because he's fallen short of the standards required. But being an MP remains just fine, seemingly, even though that's where these expenses issues have arisen from. Impeccable logic, here, from a power-crazed moron. 

He's only committed to resigning as an MSP if he's elected as an MP.

Which tells its own story, really. 

So hope he loses the GE vote, 

Having to limp back into Holyrood as a backbench MSP for a seat he has said he was happy to give up when he thought he saw something better/more profitable on the horizon and it's all blown up in his face with no leadership, no expenses funded trips to London, and FMQs having so little to do with him he'll be sitting at the back scribbling FML.

What a cock.