Scotland vs Slovakia (UEFA Nations League)

charger29

46 minutes ago, G51 said:

We will need to rotate players because of the volume of games.

Some of the players we started on Thursday are only just back from injury.

I reluctantly agree. Players are tired anyway from the shortened break and pre-season, and the number of games they've had to play in a short space of time. Thursday will have taken a lot out of them. I think some of the crazy games we've seen lately are caused by players not being able to find 100% focus and energy, and three international matches in 6 days is brutal. We don't have a deep squad but we're going to have to freshen things up, because there's another game of equal importance to this one on Wednesday.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

We will need to rotate players because of the volume of games.

Some of the players we started on Thursday are only just back from injury.

As others have said including Clarke himself this is a very important tournament now it gives a second chance at qualification for major tournaments. Given our track record at qualifying from groups this is to be lauded and taken seriously. 

3 games in 6 days in a step too far but I suspect Clarke will ask the players how they feel before making decisions. He should be playing his strongest starting 11 in each game. Only rotating when there are injuries or Covid + results. Also putting on Considine and McRorie from subs bench if we are winning. 

Don’t want to kick players when they are down but McBurnie has shown very little in many of the games he has played. I would take GRIFFITHS over him every single time. 

Since I don't have Sky and can't watch it in the pub, any ideas for the best streaming site (legal of course [emoji2957]).
The Slovakian TV broadcaster doesn't seem to block non-Slovakian ip addresses (they're not right now anyway) so if you don't mind the language barrier....

https://www.rtvs.sk/televizia/live-1

Fraser/Robertson more as wing backs than this suggests. I’d play one of Considine or Porteous in the middle - though Considine is a better defender, Porteous does have 10 years plus on him. 

I’d like to see McTominay in the centre of midfield though doubt if Clarke will move him from defence. If he doesn’t then I think McRorie could play that role very well though it is obviously a very big step up for him. 

6477C80D-C4B2-4FA3-B6F0-AC066F14FFB7.jpeg

34 minutes ago, welldaft said:

As others have said including Clarke himself this is a very important tournament now it gives a second chance at qualification for major tournaments. Given our track record at qualifying from groups this is to be lauded and taken seriously. 

3 games in 6 days in a step too far but I suspect Clarke will ask the players how they feel before making decisions. He should be playing his strongest starting 11 in each game. Only rotating when there are injuries or Covid + results. Also putting on Considine and McRorie from subs bench if we are winning. 

Don’t want to kick players when they are down but McBurnie has shown very little in many of the games he has played. I would take GRIFFITHS over him every single time. 

It is an important tournament, but you also have a responsibility to the players not to put them in situations with heightened risk of injury.

Jack in particular is only just back from several weeks out, and he’s already had 120-ish minutes this week. So he can’t really play. Problem is, the only two players who can do what he does are McTominay, who’s a CB in this squad, and McCrorie, who might be needed elsewhere.

A few changes will be needed to freshen us up and give others a chance but it’s wild the amount of people who seem to want us to play a B side in this.

Thanks to the Czech C-team we’re actually in quite a good position in this group. Promotion probably won’t happen but we might as well try capitalise on that.

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

A few changes will be needed to freshen us up and give others a chance but it’s wild the amount of people who seem to want us to play a B side in this.

Thanks to the Czech C-team we’re actually in quite a good position in this group. Promotion probably won’t happen but we might as well try capitalise on that.

Indeed. A win tonight is vital, 7 points from 3 games, including away to the Czech Republic, would be a sexy return. 

I don't see why Scotland can't win the group. Despite the current tactics being deployed. 

Fraser absolutely won't start the game. He's not even properly match fit. 

Players will need rested and rotated for this. Fresh legs in the fullbacks and move McTominay into midfield with McLean, McRorie can sub out for any of the midfield 3 that's looking tired same as Jack. 

Dykes and Shanks to strike up a beautiful partnership up front. 

Shanks is absolutely international quality BTW and he'll show that tonight if he starts. 

Screenshot_20201011_115443.jpg

Edited by ArabianKnight

I want to see McCrorie on from the start, in for Jack. Shankland for McBurnie, the rest of the team the same, if possible. I’d rather play our strongest 11 today and if needs be, rest and rotate against the Czechs. Try to get as many points on the board as early as possible. 
Although if McGinn was on for O’Donnell I wouldn’t be upset.

Edited by Rscot

21 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Fraser absolutely won't start the game. He's not even properly match fit. 

Players will need rested and rotated for this. Fresh legs in the fullbacks and move McTominay into midfield with McLean, McRorie can sub out for any of the midfield 3 that's looking tired same as Jack. 

Dykes and Shanks to strike up a beautiful partnership up front. 

Shanks is absolutely international quality BTW and he'll show that tonight if he starts. 

Screenshot_20201011_115443.jpg

Of course Shanks is internationally quality.  Despite what people say not a single player that plays in the the Scottish Premiership is not international quality.  International football goes from Belgium where not a single player in our squad would start if eligable for to San Marino.