Scotland vs Slovakia (UEFA Nations League)

charger29

3 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Of course Shanks is internationally quality.  Despite what people say not a single player that plays in the the Scottish Premiership is not international quality.  International football goes from Belgium where not a single player in our squad would start if eligable for to San Marino.

Understand the point you’re making but Robertson or Tierney would likely get a game for Belgium, just as they would for most countries in the world.

https://team-picker.files.bbci.co.uk/scotland-slovakia-2a6d87f86f1832ec01e95ae707197b2d.html

I'd go for this personally, he stuff Dykes was laying off early on need a proper finisher so Shankland up with him, he's the best one in the squad not called John McGinn. 

McCrorie into midfield for Jack and presuming O'Donnell is gubbed McGinn at rwb. 

Edited by itzdrk

1 hour ago, Antiochas III said:

International football goes from Belgium where not a single player in our squad would start if eligable for to San Marino.

I like how you've left that thought hanging  :lol:

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Fraser absolutely won't start the game. He's not even properly match fit. 

Players will need rested and rotated for this. Fresh legs in the fullbacks and move McTominay into midfield with McLean, McRorie can sub out for any of the midfield 3 that's looking tired same as Jack. 

Dykes and Shanks to strike up a beautiful partnership up front. 

Shanks is absolutely international quality BTW and he'll show that tonight if he starts. 

Screenshot_20201011_115443.jpg

Aye, I would imagine most of those who started on Thursday will not start tonight, pretty much nobody will start all three and not many will even feature in all three.  

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I actually picked two ex Ayr players M8 you missed that! 

What's your pick? 

If we assume the back five stays and McTominay is going to continue as a defender against Serbia...

Marshall

Jack McTominay Gallagher Cooper Robertson

Fleck McGinn McGregor

Dykes McBurnie

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If we assume the back five stays and McTominay is going to continue as a defender against Serbia...

Marshall

Fleck McGinn McGregor

Dykes McBurnie

Yeah your opinion can be put correctly where it belongs. 

In the bin. 

You want a player who's recovering from injury to start in a position, where its going to take more of a toll on his physical state than the one he's just played most of the match in within the last couple of days. And then you've put two others who've done the same who weren't that great in the previous match. 

Makes sense 👌👆

Edited by ArabianKnight

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Marshall

Fleck McGinn McGregor

Dykes McBurnie

Do you think that front two worked?  No argument with the rest of it.  I forgot Jack was a right back for a while until you posted this. 

I thought they were busy and McBurnie definitely had his best game but he wasn't there for any layoffs and felt like he only wanted to header everything.  I've never seen him play club football so I don't actually know what he's good at but I do know what Shankland is good at.  

Ideally Griffiths would be match fit as I think him and Dykes would be quite good together in a similar way to the foil Dykes was for Dobbie and probably my personal preferred two to see. 

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Yeah your opinion can be put correctly where it belongs. 

In the bin. 

You want a player who's recovering from injury to start in a position, where its going to take more of a toll on his physical state than the one he's just played most of the match in within the last couple of days. And then you've put two others who've done the same who weren't that great in the previous match. 

Makes sense 👌👆

^^^ wid gie the laddy Shawnklun a chonce like

If Ryan Jack is confirmed as being out for tonight then O'Donnell plays RWB for this bear.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

^^^ wid gie the laddy Shawnklun a chonce like

If Ryan Jack is confirmed as being out for tonight then O'Donnell plays RWB for this bear.

So you would play the RB that came off injuried then. 

You aren't putting much thought into this are you? 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

It was aimed at me cause I think Andy Considine is a worse player than the Leeds United captain who is keeping a 20m Spanish international out of his club side.

Aw Cooper should definitely play, he was good the other night. 

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Do you think that front two worked?  No argument with the rest of it.  I forgot Jack was a right back for a while until you posted this. 

I thought they were busy and McBurnie definitely had his best game but he wasn't there for any layoffs and felt like he only wanted to header everything.  I've never seen him play club football so I don't actually know what he's good at but I do know what Shankland is good at.  

Ideally Griffiths would be match fit as I think him and Dykes would be quite good together in a similar way to the foil Dykes was for Dobbie and probably my personal preferred two to see. 

You make a fair point that Dykes and McBurnie are pretty similar but I have seen nothing from Shankland to suggest he's at the level we need. McBurnie can be frustrating at times but I don't see someone paying 20m for Shankland any time soon. Burke next to one of Dykes/McBurnie might be a shout since he can run beyond the defence rather than playing with his back to goal.