Slovakia v Scotland - 15/11

TheScarf

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

Can't fault Considine's performances, but, if we're taking 5 centre-backs to the Euros, he is the one that drops out for me.

That's a different discussion to be had at another time. 

I'm merely commenting on the perception that there's a drop in 'quality' because Considine came in.  I haven't see that, he's been as consistent as any other Scotland player in the 3 games he's played. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That's a different discussion to be had at another time. 

I'm merely commenting on the perception that there's a drop in 'quality' because Considine came in.  I haven't see that, he's been as consistent as any other Scotland player in the 3 games he's played. 

Correct aren't a MacKenna fan either but thought he had a great game to today

It’ll be interesting to see what happens when Fraser comes back. He is arguably first choice to play behind Dykes, but Christie has probably been our best player over the last 2 games. McGinn’s best position is in front of Jack / MacGregor. 

I still think McKenna is our most likely bombscare in defence and today showed that Mctominay, Gallagher and Tierney are first choice. You arguably lose some of Tierney’s effectiveness at LCB but he is never dropping Robertson. 

At least we have selection dilemmas now.

6 minutes ago, Snobot said:

It’ll be interesting to see what happens when Fraser comes back. He is arguably first choice to play behind Dykes, but Christie has probably been our best player over the last 2 games. McGinn’s best position is in front of Jack / MacGregor. 

I still think McKenna is our most likely bombscare in defence and today showed that Mctominay, Gallagher and Tierney are first choice. You arguably lose some of Tierney’s effectiveness at LCB but he is never dropping Robertson. 

At least we have selection dilemmas now.

At the Euros, against good teams, I can't see Clarke picking Fraser, Christie and McGinn in the same team.

More likely it'll be Christie or Fraser supporting, with McGinn (Armstrong 2nd choice here) ahead of a solid 2 in midfield. Like you say, nice to have a dilemma.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:
3 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
Seems like we can swap defenders without an obvious dip in quality, but with fwds its dykes or shite. In some respects that's not a bad place to be, given that 12 months ago we were fragile all over the pitch.

If McTominay gets injured/suspended then we need a right-footed player in there. I thought John Souttar was going to make that place his own but his calamity v Israel + always being injured has put a bit of a dampener on that.

Agreed

1 minute ago, dysartrovers said:

Who was the last Scottish championship player to play a competitive game for Scotland? Can't remember if any rangers players played when they were there

Shankland against San Marino.