Slovakia v Scotland - 15/11

TheScarf

51 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

If you can't even prove yourself as a stand-out player at Scottish Premiership level, then you're unlikely to get much of a chance to do so at international level. In the appearances Shankland has had for Scotland, it's confirmed what we already know; he is a lethal penalty box striker, but has very limited physical attributes which will stop him from making a mark further up the ladder. 

You are literally aff yer nut. 

Your defence of McBurnie is to be admired but ultimately utterly wrong. Didn't think you could top your continued resistence to what nearly every other poster on the board can see that you can't regarding him but then you go and post that utter nonsense about Shankland. 

The guy is fit as a fiddle, he's not lightening quick but I've seen him cover 50yds across the pitch quicker than most to help the defense out at United last season tracking runners and I've seen him compete in the box for headers all the time. 

Not surprising you've got an ill informed opinion of him if you think McBurnie is the second choice striker.

29 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Bit harsh we never pressed and squeezed them in earlier when we could have maybe then we wouldn't needed to react quicker to the shot?

Still think he turned his back on it

Cardinal sin for any defender

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

f**k right off with that pish, they partied well into the morning and were drinking. 

Would other nations do that when they had important games coming up?  Not likely imo. Sure enjoy it, have a beer or two but remember you're a professional with a game 2 days later. Clarke should know better too.

If we play like that half-cut then I'd suggest drinking two days before every single one of our games, given that was arguably the best we've played under Clarke.

53 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Scott McTominay put in one of the worst performances from any Scotland player, ever, just a few games ago....in that very position. 

I judge players by the performances they put in while wearing a blue shirt, and one misplaced pass aside Considine hasn't put a foot wrong in 3 games. The original poster made a post saying that switching players in defence led to no obvious drop in quality, and I agree with that. 

You're not in any way objective about this though. Going from McTominay (or Gallagher or Tierney) to Considine is clearly a considerable drop off in quality, and we saw that today when he was unable to bring the ball out of defence the way the other better players can.

If we're down to our sixth choice or whatever like we were in our previous games, or if we want to rest guys like today, then someone like Considine is fine to come in and do a job for us covering for the better players, but when it comes to picking our strongest team he very clearly isn't in it.

Just now, craigkillie said:

You're not in any way objective about this though. Going from McTominay (or Gallagher or Tierney) to Considine is clearly a considerable drop off in quality, and we saw that today when he was unable to bring the ball out of defence the way the other better players can.

If we're down to our sixth choice or whatever like we were in our previous games, or if we want to rest guys like today, then someone like Considine is fine to come in and do a job for us covering for the better players, but when it comes to picking our strongest team he very clearly isn't in it.

I do not think it helped Considine being played as the right centre back !

The problem for Scotland is that we don’t create enough to be able to afford any striker missing 3 really good chances. 

McBurnie isn’t as awful as is being made out, he did a lot of good work but there’s no point in pretending that he is adding a lot of value to the team because he isn’t, that good work could be done by others and he is not replacing Dykes in that role.

I’d like to see others get a chance now. Shankland has only started once and did score, even if it was against Sam Marino, so I’d like him to get more chances. If Clarke sees fit to select him for the squad then he should be considered to be good enough to get a run in the team.

We need to find someone who is more clinical in front of goal, there were a few occasions when the ball was put into the box and nobody was there. Robertson and Tierney can play all the crosses into the box they like but if there’s nobody in there to score then what’s the point?

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

If Czechs win, Israel have nothing to play for and we need to match the Czech result against Slovakia or hope they draw?

I think I made it more complicated than it needed to be.

if Czechs win tonight they need to win again on Wednesday and us not to win, otherwise it’s us?

Edited by ropy

I think I made it more complicated than it needed to be.

if Czechs win tonight they need to win again on Wednesday and us not to win, otherwise it’s us?

Yep Czech Republic need to win both their matches to top the group but even then they wouldn’t do so if we won in Israel.

Israel also need to win both their fixtures to top the group.