Diego Mara-goner

I don't get anyone thinking that Ronaldo mark 1 or 2 or Messi or Pele could have dragged mediocre teams to win stuff like Maradona did. If you're looking about quality in terms of influencing games, there's no question.
I didn't think the Portugal side who won the Euros were all that impressive tbf. I'm sure they were regularly slated for how unspectacular they were in that tournament.

I agree with regards to Messi mind you, he usually turns up missing in an Argentina jersey.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I’ve read this thread and all it’s done is make me think Britain should invade the Faroe Islands. After all our Navy are just sitting about doing f**k all.

As a side note: RIP Maradona.

Only ok if we send Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan there to report. 

Edited by Tony Ferrino
Had to c&p Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan and it fucked up

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Plus, for the two people that have brought that up, I don't believe Spain still controls Argentina does it?  So where is the comparison?  Incase you've failed to notice we're still colonising the Falklands and still control N Ireland.  You would have had a point 200 years ago, not anymore.

Can you just f**k off to a thread where your pish is even remotely relevant?

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Plus, for the two people that have brought that up, I don't believe Spain still controls Argentina does it?  So where is the comparison?  Incase you've failed to notice we're still colonising the Falklands and still control N Ireland.  You would have had a point 200 years ago, not anymore.

Im sorry, i have nothing against you personally, your lies entertain me, but i will red dot any further such posts on this thread. Feel free to praise diego or start a ‘really boring facts about wars no one cares about from the 80’s’ thread. 

9 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Pepp, we get it, Britain bad. Can you just forget that shite and celebrate the mad wee genius on this thread. Said it before but in this era with the protection now given to players he would be head and shoulders above Messi & Ronaldo, for me he is the undisputed GOAT.

I see to recall that Maradona’s best goal at the ‘86 World Cup was against Belgium. Have I just misremembered that?

At the end of that World Cup one of the TV companies (think it was ITV) showed all the best bits with Queen, It’s a Kind of Magic playing in the background. That was excellent and featured Maradona quite a bit.

To add - I’m another in the Maradona GOAT camp.

Edited by Scary Bear

38 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Is 3 days of mourning excessive?

DB5CFF24-5D01-4124-9E74-4AA6562D37D6.png

Why do we never have "days of mourning" whenever someone dies?

The Princess Di (wid) episode was the only time ive ever seen a "period of mourning" for someone, albeit unofficial.

Maybe when Kenny Dalglish pops his boots we should lobby for a few days of greeting.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why do we never have "days of mourning" whenever someone dies?

The Princess Di (wid) episode was the only time ive ever seen a "period of mourning" for someone, albeit unofficial.

Maybe when Kenny Dalglish pops his boots we should lobby for a few days of greeting.

The bar has been set. I’ll be inconsolable for at least 3 days and if these are workdays then so be it. 

16 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I don't get anyone thinking that Ronaldo mark 1 or 2 or Messi or Pele could have dragged mediocre teams to win stuff like Maradona did. If you're looking about quality in terms of influencing games, there's no question.

Cristiano Ronaldo is a perfect example of someone who can do this. Euro 2016 couldn’t be a better example actually.