Diego Mara-goner

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

You mean the tournament they won when he wasn't even on the park?  Did he 'drag' them through the use of telepathy?

I know you’re a troll so no idea why I’m replying, but he missed a bit of the final after dragging them through the entire tournament.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

I know you’re a troll so no idea why I’m replying, but he missed a bit of the final after dragging them through the entire tournament.

Did he aye, suppose the final isn't really that important in winning a tournament anyway eh.  Its a free hit really.  Game was over when he left the field too, not balanced on a knife edge with the scores even.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

By missing a bit do you mean stumbling about a bit and falling over a few times after injuring his knee in the 8th minute, and being subbed in the 25th with the score at 0-0? And after coming third in the group stage to Hungary and Iceland, and then beating the powerhouses of Croatia, Poland and Wales to get to the final.

Edited by welshbairn

53 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

By missing a bit do you mean stumbling about a bit and falling over a few times after injuring his knee in the 8th minute, and being subbed in the 25th with the score at 0-0? And after qualifying by coming third in the group stage to Hungary and Iceland, and then beating the powerhouses of Croatia, Poland and Wales to get to the final.

Whataboutery in the extreme. He captained a poor Portuguese side, finishing joint 2nd top scorer in the competition, and dragged them through to the final. Yes he got injured in the final, but you can’t just forget the rest of the tournament.

I’ve read this thread and all it’s done is make me think Britain should invade the Faroe Islands. After all our Navy are just sitting about doing f**k all.
As a side note: RIP Maradona.

I'd be wary of that, Egypt has the same number of aircraft carriers as the UK does.

I don’t think he meant that type of Pharaoh.

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Whataboutery in the extreme. He captained a poor Portuguese side, finishing joint 2nd top scorer in the competition, and dragged them through to the final. Yes he got injured in the final, but you can’t just forget the rest of the tournament.

Messi was far more influential in dragging Argentina to the a World Cup final. If not for his team mates missing the chances he created in the final, his impact on that tournament would have been considered alongside Maradona in 86.

Portugal won the biggest game in that tournament without Ronaldo.

6 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Messi was far more influential in dragging Argentina to the a World Cup final. If not for his team mates missing the chances he created in the final, his impact on that tournament would have been considered alongside Maradona in 86.

Portugal won the biggest game in that tournament without Ronaldo.

I hadn’t mentioned Messi at any point, only that Ronaldo had gotten a poor team to the final of a major championship (which they won after he went off in the final).

This is my pet hate with these sort of debates. The people who clearly have a particular favourite of Messi or Ronaldo constantly bring them up when you mention the other one. Messi is the best ever for me, Ronaldo second, but the bizarre bitterness about Ronaldo in the above post meant you just had to talk about Messi despite him not being mentioned in any of my posts.

11 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I hadn’t mentioned Messi at any point, only that Ronaldo had gotten a poor team to the final of a major championship (which they won after he went off in the final).

This is my pet hate with these sort of debates. The people who clearly have a particular favourite of Messi or Ronaldo constantly bring them up when you mention the other one. Messi is the best ever for me, Ronaldo second, but the bizarre bitterness about Ronaldo in the above post meant you just had to talk about Messi despite him not being mentioned in any of my posts.

I mentioned Messi because it’s what Maradona would have wanted. Now f**k off with hijacking his thread.