Diego Mara-goner

He basically is though. You'll never see him battle things Maradona did.
Aye physically he's an aspiration for young kids. I just mean his off the field persona isn't clean-cut. Not in the same ball park as Maradona right enough but tax dodging when you earn millions isn't exactly something to be proud of. Apart from Tories of course.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
36 minutes ago, G51 said:
He basically is though. You'll never see him battle things Maradona did.

Aye physically he's an aspiration for young kids. I just mean his off the field persona isn't clean-cut. Not in the same ball park as Maradona right enough but tax dodging when you earn millions isn't exactly something to be proud of. Apart from Tories of course.

100%, but people know Messi is dodging tax and it just isn't relatable, because none of us will ever be rich enough to do that.

But Maradona battled addiction and this coloured his behaviour, and I bet every single one of us has either gone through that or knows someone going through it, so we can relate to him better as a person. I think it means people have a stronger bond with him than they do with modern superstars.

There is no doubting he was the major factor in napoli and Argentinas success. What the man could so with a ball was just amazing, you see these videos of him warming up and it looks like he has control over the ball you never see.

I know a lot of people try that attitude of the world is against me, but he seemed to manage to use that mindset perfectly and bring other team mates and fans along with him. Including the italians in 1990. But that mindset may have been his downfall as well. It cannot be healthy for your mind constantly thinking like that.
Seen a few videos on Facebook showing that he admitted some faults and that he tried to kick the drugs, doesn't excuse some of his behaviour, but he was much genius footballer as he was flawed human.

I don't get anyone thinking that Ronaldo mark 1 or 2 or Messi or Pele could have dragged mediocre teams to win stuff like Maradona did. If you're looking about quality in terms of influencing games, there's no question.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’ve read this thread and all it’s done is make me think Britain should invade the Faroe Islands. After all our Navy are just sitting about doing f**k all.

As a side note: RIP Maradona.

I'd be wary of that, Egypt has the same number of aircraft carriers as the UK does.

Just now, Manifesto said:

I'd be wary of that, Egypt has the same number of aircraft carriers as the UK does.

But we’ve taken back control and we’ve probably still got that bulldog spirit. I’m sure it will all go well. We just need to believe. 

1 hour ago, Manifesto said:

I think he always had a grievance over not being in WC 78 at home, but there was no fuckin' chance they would have dropped Kempes.

I only discovered recently that Kempes never scored for Argentina again after the World Cup final, he was only 23 as well!