P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

I agonised over move 30, whether to give up my light or dark squared bishop. I thought keeping my light-squared one pointing down the long diagonal at the King was best so I moved the rook to let you take the dark-squared one for your knight, rather than taking the knight with the light-squared and letting you re-take. Turns out that was the mistake that got us back level in the analysis. I'll have to have a look at that other road.
Either was going to end up in a draw I think - if the positions had been reversed I would have swapped off the rooks.

I've logged into chess.com today and the 2 games I had going, one against Board_stupid and a random from New Zealand, are both finished as I appear to have resigned.

Both games had only 7 moves in total.

Have I done something wrong? Can you not log out of chess.com?

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

I've logged into chess.com today and the 2 games I had going, one against Board_stupid and a random from New Zealand, are both finished as I appear to have resigned.

Both games had only 7 moves in total.

Have I done something wrong? Can you not log out of chess.com?

After the unconventional opening had me surprised, the abrupt resignation nearly caused my brain to explode.

Do you want to set it up again and we'll recreate the moves to restart from where we finished?

I've no idea what happened, but if it's mind games then you're an evil genius and deserve to be handed the league title immediately.

9 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

After the unconventional opening had me surprised, the abrupt resignation nearly caused my brain to explode.

Do you want to set it up again and we'll recreate the moves to restart from where we finished?

I've no idea what happened, but if it's mind games then you're an evil genius and deserve to be handed the league title immediately.

No, am quite happy to accept that I resigned but just want to make sure that I know what to do to stop it happening again.

I had played on my work's wfh laptop so don't like to stay logged in to anything.

I'll send a friendly game request this week once I know my settings etc are OK.

513233_QdBbWnU0B5_dr_evil.jpg.ed18aaa50b4f46c28e592bc1109598ed.jpg

Beef2711 vs Elrohana - draw by agreement.

A gnat's bawhair in this throughout - no-one ever really gained the initiative. Thought I might have a chance at the end - one wrong move and he would have lost - but he played the right move every time.

We agreed the draw as it was clear that we were about to go into a draw by repetition.

Happy with the result as I was playing as black.Screenshot_20210424-170651_Chess.thumb.jpg.b0632e668543b27b94db2067132fd4b4.jpgScreenshot_20210424-170658_Chess.thumb.jpg.870ff6434a2bf5128721e801af852f00.jpg

24 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Beef2711 vs Elrohana - draw by agreement.

A gnat's bawhair in this throughout - no-one ever really gained the initiative. Thought I might have a chance at the end - one wrong move and he would have lost - but he played the right move every time.

We agreed the draw as it was clear that we were about to go into a draw by repetition.

Happy with the result as I was playing as black.Screenshot_20210424-170651_Chess.thumb.jpg.b0632e668543b27b94db2067132fd4b4.jpgScreenshot_20210424-170658_Chess.thumb.jpg.870ff6434a2bf5128721e801af852f00.jpg

Happy with a draw here too. I'd lost any initiative and your superior play forced me into just not trying to make an error.

Spent ages mulling over sacking the bishop in the corner here and drawing your king out to the middle, but if you played the correct moves I would have just been a piece down and losing.

Screenshot_20210424-190455.thumb.jpg.5c1f9f7d581b0f304f23fc9388fb91ad.jpg

Well played and you're the best player I've played on here since the league started. I expect you'll beat me in the return with the advantage of the white pieces.

Apologies to Board_stupid and Arabjoe the boys have been on an unsanctioned visit to Manchester where they've been enjoying the relaxed restrictions. They're currently facing a bollocking from the manager and will be back in action for Monday.

@GordonS beats Invergowrie by checkmate.

I feel like I have just been strangled. I knew you were a better player than me so tried to just establish a solid opening but despite being even on material I felt like I was three pieces down throughout and couldn't get moving.

Well played, you gave nowhere to go.

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

@GordonS beats Invergowrie by checkmate.

I feel like I have just been strangled. I knew you were a better player than me so tried to just establish a solid opening but despite being even on material I felt like I was three pieces down throughout and couldn't get moving.

Well played, you gave nowhere to go.

Ta. You did open well but I think your attack on my kingside was a bit unstructured. I was more worried about you shoving the central pawns down my throat, because you were solid in the middle. Your knight on g5 looked dangerous without doing much and I saw your queen could get to h6 but then it would be a case of "now what?", so I just let it happen and worked on my own attack. If you'd got a rook to the h file or something like that then it would have been a different game. And towards the end, when my knight went to e4 you probably needed to take it with the pawn as soon as possible, because that's what undid you.

I think I played well once the opening was there - last week I was miles up in one game and it was pure luck that I didn't lose because I didn't see a threat coming, so I was paying more attention to not fking up this week. Best tactic against me seems to be staying in the game until my inevitable balls-up.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I have a funny feeling @Aim Here may stroll division C.

Definitely the best player I have come up against on here yet.

Anyways... 

Aim here beats Johnnydun418 by Check Mate.

Well played. I was never in that from the start.

Aye he ragdolled me.......

Mind u thats not saying much, I'm currently P3 L3 🙈

Mackieboz beats pleslie999 by checkmate.

An absolute smash and grab! You had the center all tied up from the start and I felt my big pieces were all stifled until I could get my queen out on the H flank again.

Well played, I honestly feel like I've stolen that.

Edit, the analysis tells me I could have won much earlier, but to be honest it wouldn't have been fair.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Mackieboz beats pleslie999 by checkmate.

An absolute smash and grab! You had the center all tied up from the start and I felt my big pieces were all stifled until I could get my queen out on the H flank again.

Well played, I honestly feel like I've stolen that.

Edit, the analysis tells me I could have won much earlier, but to be honest it wouldn't have been fair.

Gutted I lost that, thought I played well and thought I was gonna win. Then didn't see the checkmate coming at all 😂 Well played!

Edited by pleslie99

Elrohana beats Purplekangaroo89 - checkmate.

Piecewise there was little in it - was a point in then sacrificed my rook to open him up - a good example of developing pieces and then castling - he failed to castle and my bishop stopped him doing so for the entire game - his king was under pressure from all sides with his own pieces unable to support collectively.

Just one inaccuracy according to the analysis - says I should have castled quicker - but I was more intent on developing pieces first and providing additional protection my E4 pawn - castled 2 moves later so it was not a huge inaccuracy.

Screenshot_20210425-201002_Chess.thumb.jpg.47e865893a12ea7583ceddaf5119590f.jpgScreenshot_20210425-201018_Chess.thumb.jpg.50355d8f27d7bd2c5d64e66c26f472f3.jpg

Screenshot_20210425-201716_Chess.thumb.jpg.09518a1f64bd79bccc237fc4484e855c.jpg

3 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Gordons496 beats Pleslie999 by resignation.

I got stuck in a corner and couldn't get out. Again got myself tied up in knots and couldn't move any of my pieces. Well played! 

Firing out the pawns you needed to protect your king was the problem there. It was particularly damaging as my bishops and queen were all lined up and pointing that way.

Get the feeling you're going to do a Stellaboz, reduce the mistakes and become much tougher to play. I think I got really lucky with the fixtures, getting three of the new players in my first four games - everyone improved over those 18 games last season.

Invergowrie defeats Markf268 by checkmate.

Shat myself a wee bit after a ridiculous bishop giveaway but was able to get a queen knight fork and then a queen bishop fork to get back on top.

My defence was set up pretty solidly in the middle game but I can't it say it was by design. They just all seemed to be sitting nice 

Invergowrie defeats Markf268 by checkmate.
Shat myself a wee bit after a ridiculous bishop giveaway but was able to get a queen knight fork and then a queen bishop fork to get back on top.
My defence was set up pretty solidly in the middle game but I can't it say it was by design. They just all seemed to be sitting nice 
I think I got a little over confident from being a piece up and went too much on the attack, leaving myself far too open. Good game though.