Saints v Celtic, Sunday 14/02/21 12pm

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

To say the game means nothing is laughable. You are all lauding the professionalism of Rooney giving it his all despite being a. Celtic fan, these Celtic players are paid a lot of money to deliver results by any means necessary irrespective of what’s at stake or where we are in the league.

We aren’t winning the league however it doesn’t mean we allow to the gap to anymore embarrassing that it already is

Even when you've been chasing the title in the past your teams have gone for our throat, you only have to look at how many late goals you score at McDiarmid to see that, including earlier this season.

Spending 5 minutes wasting time in a game you're winning, against a side in the bottom half, when the game won't affect your position, was hilarious.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was almost entirely down to Edouard being bothered for 5 minutes that the game turned. 

Celtic have a monumental task to turn this around in the Summer, quite why they've decided to let Lennon seep more of his rot into the squad every week is beyond me.

That was like one of the performances Deila/Mowbray sides gave, where we're only undone by individual quality and nothing structural. 

Well it wasn’t though was it? It was Christie who created both goals so it wasn’t entirely down to Edouard.

As for the rest of it, you aren’t saying anything the majority of Celtic fans aren’t so aye have a hi 5 for staying the fucking obvious 😂

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Even when you've been chasing the title in the past your teams have gone for our throat, you only have to look at how many late goals you score at McDiarmid to see that, including earlier this season.

Spending 5 minutes wasting time in a game you're winning, against a side in the bottom half, when the game won't affect your position, was hilarious.

Aye it’s coming across that you find it hilarious 😂 

I’m sure once I peel back the many layers of seethe coming from you I’ll find it eventually.

The mistake you are making is comparing us to any season gone past, we currently aren’t at that level so the only thing that matters just now is winning and getting us to the end of season, getting Lennon to f**k and rebuilding 

Edited by Jinky67

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Steven MacLean Celtics best defender here. Every time we're near the box he gives his whistle a wee blow so they can get a rest.

I'd accept it if Celtic weren't doing the exact same things and getting away with it.

Only too true.

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Aye it’s coming across that you find it hilarious 😂 

I’m sure once I peel back the many layers of seethe coming from you I’ll find it eventually.

You’re no Romeo. You only managed to fit “seethe” into that post. 

18 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Was today a cup final? Are Celtic not a team with title aspirations? That's the difference. Celtics of old would have been able to play football and be confident a team like St. Johnstone wouldn't nick it at the death. Not be bricking it against a team with a fraction of the budget. But you know that already.

And how do you win titles, by learning to see out games when you are far from your best.

This team need to learn how to win again and win by any means necessary. I’m delighted they held the ball in the corner as it showed a willingness to win the match where all season we have been looking at a team who appeared to not care less

Yei! just a normal game by Saints against the OF, Hang in there, get a goal, lose two goals within the next 5 mins then huff and puff till the end!

My only moan today was it would have been better listing to the Celtic View  biased commentary on Celtic TV, than Andy Walker and who ever the other Kunt was that cant  even say KERR! that was  an embarrassingly biased commentary today from SKY.     

26 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I'm off to make Cantonese chicken for tonight's dinner but I will be back later to multi quite all the heads gone and seethe.

I think you'll struggle tbh, considering the consistently reasonable and level-headed posting on offer from the Saintees.

3 minutes ago, Leewood said:

Nice of you to say that bennett!

Yes, celtic won today,  but this current side is not as good as Rodgers  invincibles team were  back in 2016/17.

Coming from back from being behind and holding a lead, to me is more important than handing out 4 or 5 nil scuddings. 

All teams have bad spells,  it looks like you lot have bounced back but probably too late to catch us (unless Lawwell has a cunning plan).

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

And how do you win titles, by learning to see out games when you are far from your best.

This team need to learn how to win again and win by any means necessary. I’m delighted they held the ball in the corner as it showed a willingness to win the match where all season we have been looking at a team who appeared to not care less

Still thinks Celtic can win the league type post. You go girl!

The end result probably about right but the goals felt like poor ones to lose, especially when we know how dangerous Edouard is. 

I couldn’t work out what the formation was today. It looked like it would be a 5-2-3 when the team was announced by Spoony seemed to be central and Conway through the middle. Whatever the shape, Kane was isolated and I thought we looked nervous defensively as well. 

Bryson effective again though and McCann put in a power of work too. 

I don’t think we can complain too much, this defeat far less damaging than the one livi suffered against 10 men yesterday and I think the final needs to be the primary focus now. We need snookers to finish top 6 and we’re far enough clear of the relegation places that we can start focussing our attention on winning the trophy for a couple of weeks. 

Aye it’s coming across that you find it hilarious [emoji23] 

I mean, he isn’t the one angrily quoting every single poster who points out how pathetic Celtic looked against a team assembled on about a 100th of their budget...

Seen an interesting tweet that mentioned Celtic are like Rangers were a year or two ago - they seem reliant on Edouard performing like we were reliant on Morelos performing.
The game today reminded of one against Rangers a couple of seasons ago when Kennedy scored first but Morelos scored twice when Rangers didn't look like scoring.

Again, going back a few seasons, we picked up a point against Celtic under Rodgers by playing two right backs and stopping Tierney getting involved. The next game against them, they moved Sinclair inside and totally dominated us. Compare that to this week with Lennon talking about a saints player that hasn't started for weeks and was never starting today.

Frustrating today that if saints has been a little better in the last third, you felt that three points were there today.

St Johnstone absolutely robbed of at least one stonewall pelanty.

Deliberate flying knee to the back delivered by Big Shane-o. After the Kemar Roofe incident, in the interests of consistency and fairness I sincerely hope the compliance officer turns a blind eye so Duffy is free to keep playing.

Shane Duffy though... 😂

Edited by 8MileBU