Sarah Everard

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

This can't be a closed case.

Let's wait for the post mortem results, for all we know just now, the body could have only been in the water for a few hours.

Did she jump in or pushed.

That we mutt of a dog is still prime suspect.

I think @BFTD is the prime suspect.

Vanishes for weeks, no word about anything. As soon as the body is found, back he pops to P&B as if nothing has happened.

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

FFS

Previously found another body of somebody who’d mysteriously disappeared while high and wasn’t found by a lengthy search?

3 possible explanations. 

He truly is a gifted psychic

He’s an absolute ghoul with nothing better to do than hang around looking for dead people.

He killed them both.

While number 2 does seem most plausible, he looks an absolute wrongun and based on that I’d go for 3.

17 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

FFS

Another addition to the endless list of shameless grifters preying on this family's tragedy for their own personal gain.

It all gets him a bit more publicity for his next psychic floorshow down the Dog and Duck though, where he can contact your dead nan to confirm she's at peace and you don't have to worry about her, as well as her assurance from beyond the grave that your current troubles are coming to an end and everything is going to be rosy very soon. The Phoenix Nights scene perfectly portrays the absurdity of these ghouls.

Absolutely parasitic scum preying on the vulnerable and insecure. I'm astounded at the number of folk who, in this day and age, still give these cnuts the time of day never mind their hard earned money. Cashing in on a tragedy like this is beyond the pale though. Arsehole.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Another addition to the endless list of shameless grifters preying on this family's tragedy for their own personal gain.

It all gets him a bit more publicity for his next psychic floorshow down the Dog and Duck though, where he can contact your dead nan to confirm she's at peace and you don't have to worry about her, as well as her assurance from beyond the grave that your current troubles are coming to an end and everything is going to be rosy very soon. The Phoenix Nights scene perfectly portrays the absurdity of these ghouls.

Absolutely parasitic scum preying on the vulnerable and insecure. I'm astounded at the number of folk who, in this day and age, still give these cnuts the time of day never mind their hard earned money. Cashing in on a tragedy like this is beyond the pale though. Arsehole.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=9d289520458b7d88JmltdHM9MTY3NjkzNzYwMCZpZ3VpZD0zY2UzYjk5My05Zjc3LTYwMWUtMTQ1Mi1hODc0OWU1MDYxZTcmaW5zaWQ9NTQyMA&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=3ce3b993-9f77-601e-1452-a8749e5061e7&psq=when+people+stop+believing+in+god+chesterton&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9saWJxdW90ZXMuY29tL2ctay1jaGVzdGVydG9uL3F1b3RlL2xibTBmMGQjOn46dGV4dD1XaGVuJTIwbWVuJTIwc3RvcCUyMGJlbGlldmluZyUyMGluJTIwR29kJTIwdGhleSUyMGRvbiUyN3QsaW4lMjBFbWlsZSUyMENhbW1hZXJ0cyUyMENoZXN0ZXJ0b24lM0ElMjBUaGUlMjBMYXVnaGluZyUyMFByb3BoZXQlMjAlMjgxOTM3JTI5&ntb=1

21 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So much of it, Burley being a horrible horrible scumbag, talking head of ill informed former/shamed/couldnt hack it/lying about their qualifications ‘experts’. Endless speculation. Said before, one day, and it will absolutely happen, her kids will look back at the news of today, of what was said on twitter, the lies, the unnecessary shite and be equally traumatised by that. I welcome vetting and corrupt police officers being prosecuted, ive contributed to that, but how many journalists will change their practice in a sense of realisation? How many of these ‘citizen journalists’ or ‘search experts’ will change a fucking thing. They wont, they’ll wait for the ‘next’ big thing and another family will go through the same thing, but these crayon munchers dont have the self realisation or maybe they do and their just fucking evil.

The amount of awful things Burley has done, it’s a wonder she’s still on the telly.

11 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I think @BFTD is the prime suspect.

Vanishes for weeks, no word about anything. As soon as the body is found, back he pops to P&B as if nothing has happened.

Charming. Dunno what the world's coming to when you can't expect a simple alibi from a large group of people you've relentlessly annoyed for over a decade.

• 2 weeks later...

The Economist article on this case last week stated "Perhaps because she was pretty, white and middle-class her case generated intense interest." So a bit of a surprise this fairly obvious observation lead to such intense debate a few pages ago. There are actually two other recent / ongoing cases that also touch on this phenomenon.

I watched the big cases doc on Andrew Innes (based in Dundee he got a 4 page thread on here too). It was an open and shut case as he admitted it instantly, but the victims a Filipino mother and her daughter (who lived in sheltered housing) were missing for five days (between the initial report and Innnes being arrested) with some media coverage but certainly no front page news on national media. Now, had a wealthy white woman and her daughter gone missing for 5 days it's logical to think that it would have been a (perhaps much bigger) story. As it is, I only know about it because it did receive some coverage, most missing person person cases receive effectively zero.

The case is absolutely horrendous by the way, I recommend not reading about.

And to my second example, there's been both an economist article and now a netflix documentary about the Murdaugh case in the US which has become big news. You might be surprised to hear it is about a wealthy white family (who, in addition to have an obviously Scottish surname, couldn't look more Ayrshire if they tried). I'm sure the case is interesting, but it will receive far more coverage than comparable cases involving poorer people from ethnic minorities. It doesn't have to be this way, the way to combat it is to keep calling it out.

What other factors would you be referring to?

For me, the most consistent are race, gender and ethnicity. Indeed it seems blatantly obvious that these are factors in most cases (which is why they show up so much in academic literature and press comment).

On 03/03/2023 at 09:09, Satoshi said:

The Economist article on this case last week stated "Perhaps because she was pretty, white and middle-class her case generated intense interest." So a bit of a surprise this fairly obvious observation lead to such intense debate a few pages ago. There are actually two other recent / ongoing cases that also touch on this phenomenon.

I watched the big cases doc on Andrew Innes (based in Dundee he got a 4 page thread on here too). It was an open and shut case as he admitted it instantly, but the victims a Filipino mother and her daughter (who lived in sheltered housing) were missing for five days (between the initial report and Innnes being arrested) with some media coverage but certainly no front page news on national media. Now, had a wealthy white woman and her daughter gone missing for 5 days it's logical to think that it would have been a (perhaps much bigger) story. As it is, I only know about it because it did receive some coverage, most missing person person cases receive effectively zero.

The case is absolutely horrendous by the way, I recommend not reading about.

And to my second example, there's been both an economist article and now a netflix documentary about the Murdaugh case in the US which has become big news. You might be surprised to hear it is about a wealthy white family (who, in addition to have an obviously Scottish surname, couldn't look more Ayrshire if they tried). I'm sure the case is interesting, but it will receive far more coverage than comparable cases involving poorer people from ethnic minorities. It doesn't have to be this way, the way to combat it is to keep calling it out.

image.jpeg.24d872e9f3f57cb54614fd68a9e15928.jpeg

Edited by hk blues

25 minutes ago, throbber said:

Couzens sentenced to 19 more months for indecent exposure.

It's almost like he was trying to get caught, either that or totally out of control. The police had cctv, his number plate and his credit card details from the McDonalds incident, 3 days before the rape and murder, and did nothing.

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's almost like he was trying to get caught, either that or totally out of control. The police had cctv, his number plate and his credit card details from the McDonalds incident, 3 days before the rape and murder, and did nothing.

Police turning in one of their own? It'll never catch on.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Seems like an expensive way to be a flasher. What's wrong with jumping out a bush in the park.