Lyndon Dykes

edinabear

The Israel game was case in point 
3 great opportunities to score 1 goal
Still,  he's a presence and who else are we going to play 
What about the Austria game? 1 chance 1 goal.
Or the Faroes? 1 really awkward chance that he made from nothing, 1 goal?

I agree he can be profligate, but 6 in 20 for Scotland is pretty decent by our standards (similar ratio to Dalglish, McCoist, Miller, McFadden)

Aye using the "took three chances to score a goal" is the take of someone who doesn't watch a lot of football. Most strikers will miss a few before scoring. He's been going great guns for us of late and has been on scoring form recently for his club. I sense some trolling is afoot.

16 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye using the "took three chances to score a goal" is the take of someone who doesn't watch a lot of football. Most strikers will miss a few before scoring. He's been going great guns for us of late and has been on scoring form recently for his club. I sense some trolling is afoot.

Most shite strikers will miss a few before scoring 

From someone who watches football 

6 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

The problem with Dykes is that he doesn’t score many goals

That’s a bit of an issue for a striker

He’s not exactly Joe Jordan 

Joe Jordan, 1 goal every 4.7 caps.

Lyndon Dykes, 1 goal every 3.3 caps.

5 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

What about the Austria game? 1 chance 1 goal.
Or the Faroes? 1 really awkward chance that he made from nothing, 1 goal?

I agree he can be profligate, but 6 in 20 for Scotland is pretty decent by our standards (similar ratio to Dalglish, McCoist, Miller, McFadden)

I can’t remember exactly what game it was, but it was a recent match at Hampden, where Dykes brought a ball down and under his control when he had absolutely no right to do so. The ball was arrowed towards his head at pace and he managed to control it, bring it under his control and lay it off to a team mate, which allowed the full team to move up the pitch and take a better control of the game. 

I can even remember Dykes at Livingston in a game against Celtic, where he won every single aerial battle against Julienne, to the point where Julienne was forced to apologise to Celtic fans on Twitter because he had been absolutely ragdolled by Dykes for the full game. I’m sure Livingston won as well and Dykes was involved in at least one of the goals. 

14 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

The problem with Dykes is that he doesn’t score many goals

That’s a bit of an issue for a striker

He’s not exactly Joe Jordan 

8 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Are you seriously comparing Dykes with Joe Jordan? 😂

Captain Sensible bringing some long need heavyweight analysis to the TA section.

10 hours ago, Binos said:

Most shite strikers will miss a few before scoring 

From someone who watches football 

Otherwise, it would be Basketball. To play Devil's advocate however, I am wondering why Burnley, Norwich et al, are not scrambling to buy him.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, it is a real black mark against Lyndon Dykes that he didn't score at any of the World Cups that took place several years before he made his international debut.

Inane post

Lyndon disappeared when at that level