Lyndon Dykes

edinabear

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think I prefer the set up as it was last night also, and have no issue with picking between Lyndon or Adams as circumstances dictate, but the idea being perpetuated that they cannot and must not both play is plainly utter nonsense.

Adams stock is high at the moment. He is playing for Southamption, a level above Lyndon, has scored a few goals recently, played well against Ukraine, etc. Lyndon hasn't had a whirlwind start to the season, at least in terms of goalscoring, although QPR have started reasonably well and he's started most of their games. Only one goal though.

But Dykes overall Scotland record is better (8 in 23 compared to 5 in 21) and he was scoring in 4 straight internationals a year ago until suspension lost him his place. His goals have tended to be far more crucial than Adams too. Adams only goal that impacted a result was a 1-0 friendly win over Luxembourg. The only ones of Lyndon's 8 that were not crucial to the result were the two on Wednesday night v Ukraine.

If I have to choose between them I'd pick Dykes more often than not. Although I expect Adams to start on Tuesday.

If your judging it purely on goals scored, rather than how they contribute to the team. Then fair enough.

But id guess 99% of people will judge their contributions on more than that.

47 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Interesting that he’s been taken off penalties after missing against Israel 

I'm not even sure if this is the case. He didn't look happy with Christie at the time when he grabbed the ball and there was some mild negotiations - all laughs and smiles after when it went in of course.

I'm not even sure if this is the case. He didn't look happy with Christie at the time when he grabbed the ball and there was some mild negotiations - all laughs and smiles after when it went in of course.

I think Christie is our first choice taker, he wasn’t on the pitch for Dykes’ two penalties.
Christie said after the match that Clarke's kept him on penalties, so I think the second post is right. There's not a properly reliable taker kicking around (McLean's on 0/3 for Norwich despite doing well for us).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...