Rovers vs. ICT

I feel like the video can't be showing the full picture, because it looks like Davidson just has his arm over the boy's shoulder. Even if he's pushing across, he doesn't look to have the momentum or the force to warrant a red card. The way the other players react, though, does suggest there was something more to it. 

Yeah pretty much my thoughts. Highlights don’t clear it up much - it really looks like there was absolutely nothing in that, even if the elbow has caught Todorov from what we can see it doesn’t look like it’s either deliberate or with much force. And yet the ICT players are going ballistic and the ref is falling over himself to get the red card out. Given Davidson was put on his arse a minute before and didn’t get a foul...

Quite possible there’s another couple of games coming on top of that with the reaction. If Bene or Musonda pick up a knock in the next few weeks, it’s MacDonald at centre back and Armstrong at left back. We knew this was coming as soon as the Mendy international call-up was revealed.

23 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Really?

Yeah, was a strange one even to me. Makes no logical sense I know as we played pretty well.

To be fair I rarely get angry at the Rovers these days even when we’re hammered so it’s a low bar to beat.  Been watching long enough to have results in perspective but have found the Rovers increasingly frustrating to watch the last three games and genuine annoyance creeping back in. I blame the pandemic.... 

Edited by roverthemoon

Watched the Davidson red card numerous times. I can’t see a foul. Todorov should be suitably embarrassed with his reaction, along with the ICT players running at the ref screaming bloody murder. The whole thing looked quite planned, especially happening so early in the game. Davidson’s reaction is out of order though and he’ll likely see a longer ban, but anyone would be annoyed to have been put off for such a nothing incident.

Colin Steven had an objectively bad game last night. His decision to book Ross Matthews for whatever it was he deemed to have happened was mad, just a normal tackle. Then the decision at the end to penalise Vaughan crowned his performance. In all a really frustrating watch.

28 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Watched the Davidson red card numerous times. I can’t see a foul. Todorov should be suitably embarrassed with his reaction, along with the ICT players running at the ref screaming bloody murder. The whole thing looked quite planned, especially happening so early in the game. Davidson’s reaction is out of order though and he’ll likely see a longer ban, but anyone would be annoyed to have been put off for such a nothing incident.

Colin Steven had an objectively bad game last night. His decision to book Ross Matthews for whatever it was he deemed to have happened was mad, just a normal tackle. Then the decision at the end to penalise Vaughan crowned his performance. In all a really frustrating watch.

Just watched your highlights & I have to agree. Never a red card & poor show from Todorov. Hopefully our centre halves have been made aware of this cheats' actions ahead of our game on Saturday.

35 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The camera angle shows nothing but the ref was looking right at it and was out with the red card straight away so he clearly did something.  Or do you think the ref was in on the 'plan' too?

The camera angle shows nothing but the ref was looking right at it and was out with the red card straight away so he clearly did something.  Or do you think the ref was in on the 'plan' too?

No. I just don’t think it’s out-with the realms of possibility for a team to target a known liability within the opposition 11.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He could just be a shit ref. There are a few of them kicking about.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

He could just be a shit ref. There are a few of them kicking about.

That's true.  When you look at the slow mo there, Davidson heads the ball then his head follows through cracks the back of Todorov's head.  Could be interpreted as dangerous play

Watched the Davidson red card numerous times. I can’t see a foul. Todorov should be suitably embarrassed with his reaction, along with the ICT players running at the ref screaming bloody murder.

100% agree with this. There’s barely even a push, never mind any sort of aggression/violent conduct. Pathetic behaviour from Todorov and his teammates that ran to the ref. I’d be fuming if I was a Raith fan.

When I saw that, I was ready to say the ref cost you a point. Then I saw the goal and the blame for the dropped point is 100% on Jamie MacDonald.

100% agree with this. There’s barely even a push, never mind any sort of aggression/violent conduct. Pathetic behaviour from Todorov and his teammates that ran to the ref. I’d be fuming if I was a Raith fan.

When I saw that, I was ready to say the ref cost you a point. Then I saw the goal and the blame for the dropped point is 100% on Jamie MacDonald.

MacDonald has saved us so many points already this season, I’m happy to give him this one. Knows he’s fucked up right away, too.

MacDonald has saved us so many points already this season, I’m happy to give him this one. Knows he’s fucked up right away, too.

Don’t doubt that. I’d rather have MacDonald than OFW. Very good keeper at this level.

It's hard to see why that's a red, having watched it several times. The lack of obvious complaint from our players suggests there may have been more to it than we can see though. 

A frustrating evening to say the least. We've chucked that one away. 

Red card did seem harsh, but not easy to see from camera angle.

Players over reacting to get someone booked/sent off is hardly a new thing.....and I liked to see his teammates steaming in to stick up for him, even if the decision is wrong, all handbags but shows they are up for it in a way.  

Can’t see how that is a red
bigger worry for me is the player motionless on the floor after what maybe a head knock and no rule (yet) on being taken off for a HIA [emoji2369]
Did he even receive treatment? The whole thing now looks decidedly dodgy. We've even got Pars supporters on our side!

A competent referee would give himself time to clear his head, take a few seconds to really think about what he saw, and probably seek a second opinion from his linesman. 

This guy did none of these things. 

I'm always dubious of referees who have the card out of the pocket by the time they arrive at a situation. 

Given he would appear to have had a better view of the challenge than the camera, I'd normally be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, but given he got so many basic decisions so horribly wrong last night, the Matthews booking being the worst, I'm not sure I can back him up on the Davidson challenge. 

Neil McCann, along with the likes Peter Houston in the past, is a graduate of the Jim Jeffries school of fake outrage, and I'm willing to bet there was a synchronised reaction from the Inverness bench similar to that of Todorov and many others among their team. 

Did he get a red card for nudging his back or something? Absolutely absurd decision.
Loved Davidson’s reaction too. Presumably calling the boy a fucking coward or something. Embarrassing from Inverness.

“Fucking diving c**t” are his words of choice.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That's true.  When you look at the slow mo there, Davidson heads the ball then his head follows through cracks the back of Todorov's head.  Could be interpreted as dangerous play

That's pretty the only thing I can think of as to why he might have been sent off.   But even then it's clutching a bit.

Bit of a laugh seeing all the comments at the time saying Davo is a liability and an utter disgrace and now the highlights are out nobody has a clue what he's actually been sent off for.   Not that Davo isn't a liability at times, but last night seems more like he got screwed over rather than him making a stupid challenge.