Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

I'm always somewhat mystified that Badenoch is frequently touted as a future Tory leader. Presumably this is because she's on the right of the party and plays well to "the base", but she is incapable of taking any degree of criticism and all too easily gets involved in rather ugly spats. A very thin-skinned individual. 

Whoever is in charge of the party next will be a right laugh*. If you think it's bad now, just wait until it's in opposition and starts howling into the void. Reform might even decide they're too toxic. 

41 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I want to see the entire care system absolutely decimated for some reason, so I think this is a great idea personally. 

Thank f**k for that.

This country clearly has far, far too many care workers. Trimming these numbers is a must. 

Just to add, last January my teaching discipline recruited 138 international students, each paying a little under £20k a skull. 

This year, 27. 

This immigration stuff is shafting universities, not to mention the NHS, care system and so on.

Cleverley and his pals are in for a big surprise when they find out how keen The Hard Working Great British Public™ are to empty dementia patients' nappies for minimum wage.

Presumably it's the same public who have been holding off on applying for all the fruit picking and hospitality jobs that mysteriously became available from 2016 onwards.

36 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Cleverley and his pals are in for a big surprise when they find out how keen The Hard Working Great British Public™ are to empty dementia patients' nappies for minimum wage.

Can't see them losing a lot of sleep over it.

38 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Presumably it's the same public who have been holding off on applying for all the fruit picking and hospitality jobs that mysteriously became available from 2016 onwards.

I know people keep saying things like this, but surely the long-term idea is that our esteemed leaders want to make people desperate enough to take any and all work, whatever the wage or amount of shit that the job comes with.

That and the fact that they couldn't care less if your granny dies screaming in her own filth. Neither of you are important anyway.

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I want to see the entire care system absolutely decimated for some reason, so I think this is a great idea personally. 

They are utter, utter scum (the Tories, not people in the care system obviously). 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

This immigration stuff is shafting universities, not to mention the NHS, care system and so on.

Aye, but you’re not taking into account the benefit of… having slightly fewer brown and black people kicking around. 

38 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

They are utter, utter scum (the Tories, not people in the care system obviously). 

Let's be fair - statistically, some of them are bound to be scum too.

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye, but you’re not taking into account the benefit of… having slightly fewer brown and black people kicking around. 

Pure Aryan skull shape?

9 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is it just me or does it seem that the brown and black people in the Conservative party are the ones most keen on having fewer brown and black people kicking around. I'm sure there must be some sort of sociological term for this. 

13 hours ago, doulikefish said:

The sacked postmaster v badenough is bubbling up nicely 

Aye, I've been wondering about that.

One is speaking via the media ... in public.  The other is speaking (so far) under the protection of Parliamentary privilege.  Accusing each other of saying in public that the other is telling porkies would expose both parties to legal action.  Will Badenoch have the guts to effectively call him a liar outside Parliamentary protection?

Mind you, if Staunton doesn't have any "evidence" he will be in bother.

IMO any public servant speaking to senior colleagues or Ministers who isn't recording those conversations needs their head examined.

2 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Is it just me or does it seem that the brown and black people in the Conservative party are the ones most keen on having fewer brown and black people kicking around. I'm sure there must be some sort of sociological term for this. 

Id imagine if its brown & black people saying it, then they'd say it can't be seen as racism. Tories love these people being in the Party - they can get away with saying what they have been thinking for decades but were unable to get away with saying.

3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

"We really knew need to do something about immigration.  It is really getting out of control.  Let me ask this simple question. 'Would you want me to be living next door to you?'"

I think I read somewhere the Cleverly's mother was a nurse so if she had tried to come here under this current setup the rest of her family, including young James, would have been left behind.