Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

What are folks views on redemption?

At what point should people be forgiven for sins of their past?

Which ones are unforgivable?

If you're convicted of rape and never accept any culpability, you can get fucked as far as I'm concerned.
If you drug and rape a young girl, then flee the country and evade the law for decades, I couldn't give a shit how good your films are.
If you permanently disfigure someone purely because of their race, then do absolutely nothing to show atonement, try to silence people who mention it, and attempt to get the conviction expunged from your record, into the sea with you.

I somehow doubt any of these people will give a shit that their products will earn none of my limited money, but I guess my line is when someone does something terrible and clearly only regrets being caught, even if they did serve time for it.

Oh, and it's fucking disgusting that Victor Salva is still a working film director, even if he does have a minder attempting to make sure he doesn't rape any more children.

58 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Anyway, what has prompted the pinned 'Behave' warning in the Politics forum?  I stay away from the big topics on there, mainly sticking to the Geopolitics thread.  

Somebody's been filling up the mods' inboxes with tear-stained missives again.

Probably Lee Wallace, the c**t.

Probably a personal view so I don't think as a society we'll ever have an agreement on forgiveness.

For me, rape and child abuse (which is rape of course) are the most unforgivable acts a human can do to another human.

11 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Unless I think someone is a danger after whatever their offence is, I don’t care what they’ve done. It’s not for me to judge. That’s why we have courts, and judges. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Probably a personal view so I don't think as a society we'll ever have an agreement on forgiveness.

For me, rape and child abuse (which is rape of course) are the most unforgivable acts a human can do to another human.

Not in law.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's pretty sad to hear :(

Rape is a specific act ie involving penetration of the vagina, anus or mouth, with the penis.

ETA, without consent, of course. If you confirm consent you're laughing...not with the kids obviously!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Any cruelty to a child is unforgiveable imo.

Whenever I read of those horrendous cases of child abuse and cruelty I think of my own wee ones and my blood turns cold.

19 hours ago, BFTD said:

If you permanently disfigure someone purely because of their race, then do absolutely nothing to show atonement, try to silence people who mention it, and attempt to get the conviction expunged from your record, into the sea with you.

Hey come on now. He forgave himself so it's fine.

On 06/01/2022 at 16:25, Bairnardo said:

People who put tomato sauce on baked beans. 

Fucking scum.