Favourite toys growing up.

On 25/05/2021 at 21:05, madwullie said:

Was the zx81 only 1k? Fucking hell. I was about 3 so remember piss all about it, or what he even did with it. Pretty sure it was hooked up to a B&W portable altho why I'm unsure. 

Okay, just to settle this - the ZX81 came with 1K of memory but you could buy an expansion pack that took it up to a colossal 16K. Unfortunately the connector wasn't very secure so if you accidentally dunted the table with your knee the program would crash.

2 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

Loved these things:

image.thumb.jpeg.3aca421daf055415a30a0dc4c3a95cf2.jpeg

Couldn't and still can't stand the feel / sound of putting the two bits together, just like I can't stand taking polystyrene out of a cardboard box which just sends shivers through my entire body (particularly just below the chin-line for some reason).  Urgh.

24 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Couldn't and still can't stand the feel / sound of putting the two bits together, just like I can't stand taking polystyrene out of a cardboard box which just sends shivers through my entire body (particularly just below the chin-line for some reason).  Urgh.

Got a giant one once - about 4ft wing span. Crashed and smashed on its maiden flight in Carnoustie. Worse than the Hindenburg IMO.

On 27/05/2021 at 08:44, Newbornbairn said:

Anybody ever play "snips"? Two players cut a deck of cards, highest wins. Loser makes a fist and the winner gets to belt him off the knuckles with the deck of cards by the difference between the two cards, (if winner was 10 of clubs and loser was 6 of diamonds, the loser took 4 hits).  Skinned knuckles and blood a-plenty. 

Snips was a common room classic in 6th year.

52 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I collected corinthian football figures(big heads) when I was a kid .lockdown first time round I dug them out the loft and started collecting again. They are now displayed in my man cave  .

16222325994394440585863448888249.jpg

Have you been on twitter. Some guy on there has hunners. The name I canna mind.  Easy enough to find 

Anyway for me. Wrestling figures 

3 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Have you been on twitter. Some guy on there has hunners. The name I canna mind.  Easy enough to find 

Anyway for me. Wrestling figures 

Yes I've saw him and bought a few off him .cheers. I was a wrestler fan aswell .

9 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I collected corinthian football figures(big heads) when I was a kid .lockdown first time round I dug them out the loft and started collecting again. They are now displayed in my man cave  .

16222325994394440585863448888249.jpg

That looks tremendous - great way to display them.  

I collected Hard Rock Cafe baseball caps - I have around 100 of them but they're packed away in a box as they take up too much space and hard to display.