Normal Island

21 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

There's a range of different arrestable offences that the police obviously have at their disposal. 

My point is complete pedantry but it's not for wearing a t shirt. I'm sure he'll be released without charge later on. 

He almost certainly will be released without charge but is that not the point, the Met clearly couldn't wait to lock them up for a few hours, I don't get how that's not an abuse of their power, rather than policing a protest properly they are sticking folk in the cells as the easy option.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

He almost certainly will be released without charge but is that not the point, the Met clearly couldn't wait to lock them up for a few hours, I don't get how that's not an abuse of their power, rather than policing a protest properly they are sticking folk in the cells as the easy option.

The reason it's not an abuse of power is because they've managed to get ridiculous powers to deter protesters. 

The government have been disgraceful with this stuff over the past few years. 

9 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

The reason it's not an abuse of power is because they've managed to get ridiculous powers to deter protesters. 

The government have been disgraceful with this stuff over the past few years. 

It might not be an abuse of power but the law is certainly being applied unequally, because there is simply no chance that the pro royalty demonstration will be policed as strictly

I stuck the TV on and it went on to last channel and BBC1 Scotland came on.

I noticed that there were no people at all outside Buck Palace. Loads of police guarding empty pavements but no one about.

Is that what normally happens?

Is there a big rush down the Mall later on?

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Penny Mordaunt rocking some star wars outfit.....

Congratulations you may have stumbled upon the single worst twitter page.

1 hour ago, Iminavest said:

On the bus heading to a pals and the driver has a royal pin badge on and is saluting to people as he pulls up to stops. How do you flag up a necessary hard drive check?

Is he doing it in honour of the late queen?

329D1D36-56AB-4701-8583-F8B70490D48F.jpeg