God Save The Queen

Lex

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

Part of the tourist attraction is how grotesque the whole thing.  All this wealth and privilege bestowed on one family while millions struggle to make ends meet.

Seems a bit North Korean to me.

The North Koreans are terrorised into supporting their version. UK monarchists are true believers.

49 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Nope, it's not true and never has been. But I wouldn't care if it was, no country should set up its constitution based on attracting tourists (or whatever other way the monarchy supposedly contributes).

The tourist thing is nonsense as well, apart from specific events like royal weddings (attracting weirdos worldwide) it's hard to imagine them contributing to tourist numbers at all. Do tourists come expecting to meet them or something? Not even royal boot lickers are that stupid.

Am I jealous of them? Maybe a little, the queen was able to refuse to pay income tax for about 60 years - an ability I would quite like to have. If I was a royal I would probably see how monstorously unfair it is and my conscious would stop me continuing the charade.

There is a strand of republicanism that feels sorry for the royals, these bang average losers put in a golden cage for people to see and laugh at / fawn over. I understand it (especially for the poor kids) but for me most of them are grifters, they know this nonsense won't last and that is why they are filling their pockets as much as they can. The Spanish royal family are being even more blatant with it. It's a dictator mindset, they know their power is coming to an end at some point so will plunder whilst they can.

It absolutely is true, and we haven't set up our constitution based on attracting tourists.

The tourists thing isn't nonsense either.  Castles and palaces with royalty living in them appeals to the Yanks as well as loads of other groups.  The fact we have castles and palaces with royals living in them appeals to so many traditionalists across the world.  Of course they don't meet them FFS :D

I think your claim it won't last is wishful thinking.

8 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

It absolutely is true, and we haven't set up our constitution based on attracting tourists.

The tourists thing isn't nonsense either.  Castles and palaces with royalty living in them appeals to the Yanks as well as loads of other groups.  The fact we have castles and palaces with royals living in them appeals to so many traditionalists across the world.  Of course they don't meet them FFS :D

A troll like you repeating something doesn’t make it any truer. It just makes it more unbelievable.

38 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

40 years for Maxwell.

Hope Lizzy lives to see her son convicted as a peadophile. Allegedly.

I'm thinking Lizzy and her son could very well enter into a suicide pact.

Wouldn't that be lovely! Might even give tourism a Royal boost.  

The Royalists must have hated Barbados voting to remove them as head of state. One down many to go I think.

I don't actually live in the UK and haven't for some time, but I hope (and think there's at least a decent chance) they will be kicked out in my lifetime.

Regardless of whether they are or not, like being an anti vaxxer anyone who loves the royal family can be instantly considered a bit of a sycophantic loon, which is useful info.

For our Steinar friend he will keep impressing the women (and or men) with his love of the Royal Family, Wrestling and the Traditional family.

Good luck - you're going to need it.

18 minutes ago, coprolite said:

If we executed them and put their waxy corpses on display, in a Lenin stylee, we'd get loads of tourists and they'd cost less to feed and transport. 

So would you abandon her annual Christmas speech or would you wheel her out, put her in front of a camera and have some actor voice her words off screen?

Asking for a friend. 

58 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Having Royals in castles might appeal to people, but I doubt it's the reason most people visit the UK.

I have lots of American cousins, and when they visit they want to visit castles. Old castles, ruined castles, castles still lived in, in fact any type of castle as long as, and here's the key fact, it's old. The USA does not have any major building over 200 or so years old, so they love seeing anything that is 500+ years old. Having a Royal in the castle might be a plus point, but it's not the reason they want to see castles.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

If we executed them and put their waxy corpses on display, in a Lenin stylee, we'd get loads of tourists and they'd cost less to feed and transport. 

Exactly what I was thinking, although you could execute them all at different locations to increase the tourist trap nature of that place.

28 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Having Royals in castles might appeal to people, but I doubt it's the reason most people visit the UK.

I have lots of American cousins, and when they visit they want to visit castles. Old castles, ruined castles, castles still lived in, in fact any type of castle as long as, and here's the key fact, it's old. The USA does not have any major building over 200 or so years old, so they love seeing anything that is 500+ years old. Having a Royal in the castle might be a plus point, but it's not the reason they want to see castles.

I propose we put this to the test.  Send all the royals to stay at Raglan Castle and see if it brings in more tourists.

Could be fun.

55 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

So would you abandon her annual Christmas speech or would you wheel her out, put her in front of a camera and have some actor voice her words off screen?

Asking for a friend. 

We could persuade Dr Gunther to collaborate with the animatronic boffins at Industrial light and magic so that Lizzy can continue to appear. 

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

For our Steinar friend he will keep impressing the women (and or men) with his love of the Royal Family, Wrestling and the Traditional family

I would have thought a love of wrestling and the royal family usually goes along with a love of soft furnishings and Judy Garland records, more so than the traditional family anyway.

Edited by welshbairn

23 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Exactly what I was thinking, although you could execute them all at different locations to increase the tourist trap nature of that place.

Visit Scotland's newest city Greenock where you can view the magnificent vistas of the Clyde Riviera and see and smell the maggot ridden carcass of the 25th in line to the throne Samuel Chatto 

If you’re looking for volunteer executioners PM me.

PS I’m not kidding.

We could persuade Dr Gunther to collaborate with the animatronic boffins at Industrial light and magic so that Lizzy can continue to appear. 

The Drop the Dead Donkey book envisioned a future in which the monarchy had been abolished but tourists could still pay to be “knighted” at Buck House by a robotic queen. The logical end of the tourism argument.

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

The Royalists must have hated Barbados voting to remove them as head of state. One down many to go I think.

I don't actually live in the UK and haven't for some time, but I hope (and think there's at least a decent chance) they will be kicked out in my lifetime.

Regardless of whether they are or not, like being an anti vaxxer anyone who loves the royal family can be instantly considered a bit of a sycophantic loon, which is useful info.

For our Steinar friend he will keep impressing the women (and or men) with his love of the Royal Family, Wrestling and the Traditional family.

Good luck - you're going to need it.

Kicked out in your lifetime?!  Absolutely no chance.

Still, until it happens you can keep youself amused by imagining your Steiner friend chatting up burds with Royal, Wrestling and Trad Marriage chat :D

My wife and I are quite happy in our traditional marriage, thanks very much.