The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

Sadly as people are dying waiting for treatment from the NHS or freezing in their houses with spiraling energy bills, rents and mortgages the Tories feel the best use of Westminster's time is to block legislation passed with all party support in Holyrood, sadly at the time the UK needs serious government we are bereft of any such thing.

Having a UK passport and a US green card does sorta feel like having a ticket for the Hindenburg and the Titanic at times. 

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Seems to be a split between the sounder Labour MSPs (Lennon, Villalba etc) and the arseholes (Ian Murray). 

Ian Murray citing "legitimate concerns" without saying what these are, I have to therefore presume he has no idea what these are and is therefore using this as a fence to sit on.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Ian Murray citing "legitimate concerns" without saying what these are, I have to therefore presume he has no idea what these are and is therefore using this as a fence to sit on.

It'll be something something men in wigs something something women's changing rooms something something. Basically things that have bugger all to do with the Gender Recognition Bill.

13 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

It'll be something something men in wigs something something women's changing rooms something something. Basically things that have bugger all to do with the Gender Recognition Bill.

I doubt he’s even given it that much thought. Murray will entirely be puppeted on this issue - he knows and accepts, as a North British Labour drone, he is not to think or speak for himself. 

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

I doubt he’s even given it that much thought. Murray will entirely be puppeted on this issue - he knows and accepts, as a North British Labour drone, he is not to think or speak for himself. 

Yeah, didn’t Kieth say he had ‘genuine concerns’ on one of the morning shows in the last couple of days? 

Just now, Antlion said:

His face is a carbon copy of his mask. He has always been a bigoted wee fud.

Frankly, the decision today and the manufactured bile towards the legislation will look horrific when looked back on in years to come. I know which side of history I'd rather be comfortable explaining my position to my children and their children on in years to come.

Is the legislation perfect? No, Does it do all that it needs to do? No, Does it impact any more than a vanishingly small number of people? No.

It will have as much impact on 99.99% of us as to whether half a dozen folk in Selkirk have a chippy or Chineese tonight.

The argument that it will allow some sexual preditor to obtain a piece of paper that allows them to wear womens clothes and assault someone in toilets is laughable. If you are that way inclined, you'd do it anyway. Conversely, Does it help prevent harm to people who the legislation helps? Damn right.

To politicise this is both a slap in the face to those it is there to help and also for women's rights. What happens now if the Scottish Parliament brings in further legislation to support women's rights that is in contrast to Westminster? 

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

... Westminster's reaction is UK Gov taking the opportunity to apply some long-promised 'muscular unionism'.  I hope Alister Jack knows exactly what he is unleashing here.

Alister Jack is only doing his masters' bidding. He'll have no idea what he's unleashing and won't care. He's a quisling c**t.