The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

For me this isn’t just about trans rights being ridden over, much that they are important, but that democracy itself is being ridden over.

That is very dangerous indeed.

It can be about both and both developments are shite.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

19 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Believing that you have the wrong body is a mental illness.

Let’s take your ridiculous premise to be true,  if someone has an illness and the cure to all the further health problems is to let them be happy,  then why the f**k would you oppose this, or even care?

On todays news overall,   I have a tendency to almost shrug and mutter fucking torries when they behave at their worst, we have become used to it but this has really got under my skin.  It’s a terrible move for them politically and yet they have actively harmed people just because they can,  how much of a scumbag do you need to be to do that?

8 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

It can be about both and both developments are shite.

I don't disagree - but this is a fundamental attack on democracy.

It's symptomatic of a government that is losing the argument so resorts to being antidemocratic - just look at their anti-strike legislation.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

What is it then?

It's bigots like yourself that make them ill, not how they identify.

It used to be the gay community that had high levels of suicide rates, until it was better understood and more widely accepted in society. Being gay isn't a "mental illness" and neither is transgenderism.

What annoys me the most is that Labour are fully behind the Tories on this.

I expect the Tories to be scumbag arseholes but whilst I didn’t exactly expect Labour to be Scottish allies here, Labour openly lining up alongside the Tories on this just shows that Scotland have no hope left in their relationship in the UK. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really disappointed to see @1320Lichtie out himself as a transphobic bigot more than anything else here. Thought he was a cracking poster. Kick in the stones, that.

Aye, I thought he was alright. 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I’m surprised he’s ventured back out of the football side of things on this board after his hiatus when he basically admitted to having his parents help him get young ladies drunk to let him have his way with them. 

That however is fucking wild. Is this still on the board? 

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Let’s take your ridiculous premise to be true,  if someone has an illness and the cure to all the further health problems is to let them be happy,  then why the f**k would you oppose this, or even care?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/may/02/tavistock-trust-whistleblower-david-bell-transgender-children-gids

This guy gives a good account of the issues relating to vulnerable children.

The stuff about pro nouns, clothes, changing rooms, toilets etc i'm fine with. If adults want to have surgery and hormones then fair enough. 

The fact that this topic is dominating our national politics despite the fact that there is no set definition of gender or gender dysmorphia is something I find a bit strange. I'm in double figures in down votes on that post and not one person has replied with an answer to what gender dysmorphia is. 

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/may/02/tavistock-trust-whistleblower-david-bell-transgender-children-gids

The stuff about pro nouns, clothes, changing rooms, toilets etc i'm fine with. If adults want to have surgery and hormones then fair enough. 

The fact that this topic is dominating our national politics despite the fact that there is no set definition of gender or gender dysmorphia is something I find a bit strange. I'm in double figures in down votes on that post and not one person has replied with an answer to what gender dysmorphia is. 

Can you please f**k off, continue to f**k off, then f**k off some more again.

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The fact that this topic is dominating our national politics despite the fact that there is no set definition of gender or gender dysmorphia is something I find a bit strange. 

It’s manufactured culture war bullshit and you’ve bitten hook, line and sinker unfortunately. Literally none of the arguments against the bill that have been put forward have anything to do with it and all are covered under the Equality Act 2010. 

Edited by carpetmonster

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

what gender dysmorphia is. 

Do you mean "gender dysphoria"? 

If so, definition on NHS site is "Gender dysphoria is a term that describes a sense of unease that a person may have because of a mismatch between their biological sex and their gender identity. This sense of unease or dissatisfaction may be so intense it can lead to depression and anxiety and have a harmful impact on daily life."

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Because you are a twat using trans as a stick to hit the SNP with.

Your views have f**k all do with the GRR and everything to do with your SNP bad mindset.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It’s answered in the NHS link:

Gender dysphoria is a term that describes a sense of unease that a person may have because of a mismatch between their biological sex and their gender identity.

This sense of unease or dissatisfaction may be so intense it can lead to depression and anxiety and have a harmful impact on daily life.

Which is backed up by the term Dysphoria itself, which is to feel worry or general unhappiness/dissatisfaction 

Dysphoria

31 minutes ago, Detournement said:

What is it then?

A mismatch between social expectation and defined individual roles. "Brave New World" in short.

Edited by welshbairn

11 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

It’s manufactured culture war bullshit and you’ve bitten hook, line and sinker unfortunately. Literally none of the arguments against the bill that have been put forward have anything to do with it and all are covered under the Equality Act 2010. 

Why are you indulging him? He just says contrary things to troll.

He's a stupid wee piece of shit who needs to be ignored.

The Tories blocking this has Lynton Crosby all over it, throw a dead cat on the table and stir up the the "culture wars" with something most people didn't even know was a thing until very recently. With Starmer conceding leaning Tory on every issue it might just work.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Is he gone? Seemed only a matter of time 

Whilst I wasn't advocating to ban him, I can't say I'm displeased about it.

He'll be back soon anyway with a new alias and the same tired routine.

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

It’s manufactured culture war bullshit and you’ve bitten hook, line and sinker unfortunately

Sadly as people are dying waiting for treatment from the NHS or freezing in their houses with spiraling energy bills, rents and mortgages the Tories feel the best use of Westminster's time is to block legislation passed with all party support in Holyrood, sadly at the time the UK needs serious government we are bereft of any such thing.