2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

Looks like the school back tracked on it, not too sure about the arguments, especially the case for them.
https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/highland-council-say-unisex-toilet-plan-was-on-an-interim-b-248602/

Aye they did, pretty quickly enough after strong parent and pupil dissatisfaction. Hence why the Alba lad's statement may go down well.

More than likely the Tory and Lib Dem will get the other two spots as the old vote will go that way.

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I'm in Inverness Central and can't find anything about this independent candidate Luigi Andrew MacKinnon.  Doesn't seem to have any form of social media and even a Google of his name doesn't bring up anything.

I can't find anything about the 3 Independents in Inverness West either. 

20 hours ago, Zern said:

That poll can't be right. I read on this forum just about every day how bad the SNP are and there appears to be some background noise that Alba might do something, either positively for themselves or to damage the SNP. 

But...... but..... SNP first preference vote at 44%.... up 12? Eh? Alba at a hugely impressive 1%?

Nah, can't be right....  After all, Dross is playing a blinder, isn't he? 

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Cock & Balls party at 3%. Not bad. 

Just remember not to vote for them using an x in a box.

Halfway to overhauling the Lib Dems. Tick tock.

Probably more likely that the Lib Dem vote will drop than Cock & Balls will expand, but you take your victories where you can.

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I simply cannot wait to vote for them.

They do have some amazing policies TBF.

The leaflets featuring artwork from Comrade @throbber will be a thing to behold.

They are. With them being pro-Independence I would like to support them, however without knowing if they are a party that sits on the Left, Centre or Right, I find it hard to do.

Also, I’m not really sure what they would offer at Council level, other than beat the drum about the benefits of an Independent Scotland, which they are good at so far, I just don’t know what else they are going to bring to the table at that level.

10 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

They are. With them being pro-Independence I would like to support them, however without knowing if they are a party that sits on the Left, Centre or Right, I find it hard to do.

Also, I’m not really sure what they would offer at Council level, other than beat the drum about the benefits of an Independent Scotland, which they are good at so far, I just don’t know what else they are going to bring to the table at that level.

Are you talking about Alba or the Cock & Balls party?

C&B sits to the left, right or centre depending on the clothing arrangements.

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Are you talking about Alba or the Cock & Balls party?

C&B sits to the left, right or centre depending on the clothing arrangements.

I'd have thought that for those wearing kilts, they would, like most politicians, simply move in whichever direction the wind blows. 

First Tory leaflet appeared today. Completely unsurprised to find it full of predictable garbage along the lines of claiming that CEC are somehow 'holding up progress' on local issues because of their obsession with Independence. They are offering lifts to the polling station though, which I might take them up on because I'm a lazy shite and it's a good 25 minute walk.