Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Its probably worse than that, a good number of them are landlords or have big stakes in or own letting companies. Turkeys won't vote for Christmas. Conservative ask others to tighten their belts and graft harder, they shudder at the thought of any personal cuts they would have to make themselves, why should they they regard themselves as elite?

I think there was a list of MPs who are landlords somewhere on here a few months ago, many of them are Conservatives.

Greedy landlords and capping rents is not a subject in the public interest to even be discussed by MP's, who decides that, of course the landlord MP's do.

Almost all MPs regardless of party are landlords I'm afraid. It's not a party issue. Pretty sure the likes of Chris Law (SNP - Dundee) was called out by Private Eye for the same rentier nonsense that inevitably belongs in a guillotine. 

12 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Its probably worse than that, a good number of them are landlords or have big stakes in or own letting companies. Turkeys won't vote for Christmas. Conservative ask others to tighten their belts and graft harder, they shudder at the thought of any personal cuts they would have to make themselves, why should they they regard themselves as elite?

I think there was a list of MPs who are landlords somewhere on here a few months ago, many of them are Conservatives.

Greedy landlords and capping rents is not a subject in the public interest to even be discussed by MP's, who decides that, of course the landlord MP's do.

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Almost all MPs regardless of party are landlords I'm afraid. It's not a party issue. Pretty sure the likes of Chris Law (SNP - Dundee) was called out by Private Eye for the same rentier nonsense that inevitably belongs in a guillotine. 

In total, 115 (18%) MPs across all parties have declared earning money from rent, with Tories making up the vast majority. This compares to around 3% of the UK’s adult population, meaning MPs are roughly six times more likely to be landlords.

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/19/labour-sets-out-plan-to-link-minimum-wage-to-cost-of-living

Have to say this is a pretty solid set of proposals. The age-tiered minimum wage in particular is a stack of fucking nonsense that has to go. 

The very notion of being able to legally pay adults who are old enough to work, less money because of their age is and always has been fucking ludicrous.

I heard someone say once that minimum wage is a constant reminder that if they could pay you less, they would do so in a heartbeat.

Edited by djchapsticks

7 hours ago, virginton said:

Declaring money by Parliamentary guidelines and earning money by rent are two separate things. 

Fast and loose with the word "earning" there,  but yep,  those are just the paupers who don't have enough property to put in a company which is settled in a trust etc.... 

14 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

At this point I'm beginning to think I'd actively celebrate Tory MPs being strung up from lamp posts, instead of just indifference after the likes of the Amess incident

What a bunch of absolute c***s.

What a nasty thing to say. 

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Ah splendid. Another shite, trolling alias for the Ignore list.

I have been reading this forum for over a year now and have noticed that you are nasty, abusive and vile to anyone that you do not agree with. 

Why can you not just be civil?

Div's sticky has made no difference what so ever. One rule for some and a different one for others. 

Just now, carpetmonster said:

Joined 2 weeks ago. First post 10 minutes ago. 3 posts, all politics forum. 1 red dot - you. 1 green dot - guess. 

Go on then carpetmonster guess.

As I said I have been reading the forum for over a year. I signed up as I want to know why posters can be so nasty and vile and get away with it. 

Day Of the Lords can post some really disgusting things and the mods do nothing. Posters that are not independence supporters or are in the snp fan club get banned for nothing. Go figure.