There was a coo

Now the dust has settled from yesterday hopefully as mentioned we can put a run of form in for the rest of the season and make some adjustments to strengthen the squad for next season.

We definitely should have won yesterday but we didn't sadly.

Let's keep coming up with ideas on how to help with things on the park ie race nights/réunions and keep the sense of community going.

I think we need to ideally get volunteers to do the post interview match stuff too for fan engagement to hear from manager etc as I think that's important and for visibility. To be fair the manager in the past has been highly visible even on the back of heavy defeat against EK 

Our ability to threaten to win and find a way to lose is astonishingly good. Week in week out we pass up a host of chances then lose a goal. I’ve been going to Central Park for more years than I care to admit and I can safely say I’ve never witnessed anything like this. It’s baffling and annoying in equal measures. 

Thought I should also say well done to you Brandon Coventry who came on again yesterday at 16 and showed maturity and quality. He's playing boys club football so no experience at all anywhere near this level. I think also the manager has to be commended and acknowledged for having the nous and guts to throw that kid in and support the BB boys club (we had 5 training with us this week).

We have 1 or 2 injuries (macpherson brothers both missed yesterday) so utilising the young lads is a positive step and engages with one of our core principles to interact more with community and the local boys club.

2 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Thought I should also say well done to you Brandon Coventry who came on again yesterday at 16 and showed maturity and quality. He's playing boys club football so no experience at all anywhere near this level. I think also the manager has to be commended and acknowledged for having the nous and guts to throw that kid in and support the BB boys club (we had 5 training with us this week).

We have 1 or 2 injuries (macpherson brothers both missed yesterday) so utilising the young lads is a positive step and engages with one of our core principles to interact more with community and the local boys club.

Coventry looks a good player. Not phased at all at a young age.

Some others may not agree, but I still think Calum is a very switched on manager. More so than most of the managers we have ever had.

It's frustrating, but it's not easy with limitations on funds.

I see absolutely no reason why we should be changing managers at the moment. We are better than last season and hopefully there will be more improvement next as well. I’m not abandoning ship and will be purchasing another season ticket. I do concede there have been more disappointing results than good ones. It has to be better next season. 

We were playing some really good stuff at the start of the season even when we lost you still felt that at least we had been closed to winning. Douggie Hill hasn't been replaced.I

Is there a team left to play that we will beat?

Just to change topic, why don't we try kicking towards the high street second half. This was always the way years ago.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cooden said:

We were playing some really good stuff at the start of the season even when we lost you still felt that at least we had been closed to winning. Douggie Hill hasn't been replaced.I

Is there a team left to play that we will beat?

Just to change topic, why don't we try kicking towards the high street second half. This was always the way years ago.

On kicking towards the High Street we don’t automatically get to choose which way we kick.  In addition, it generally seems the fashion in football is to take the wind advantage in the first half nowadays.  

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

On kicking towards the High Street we don’t automatically get to choose which way we kick.  In addition, it generally seems the fashion in football is to take the wind advantage in the first half nowadays.  

That is true.

I find that strange as you would want to defend first half and push on in the second. Mind you, wind can always change as the game progresses stopping any advantage.

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

What I've observed is that the home team seems to kick the same way every game. And I've been at plenty games where this happens not just with Cowden.

7 hours ago, onecowden said:

I see absolutely no reason why we should be changing managers at the moment. We are better than last season and hopefully there will be more improvement next as well. I’m not abandoning ship and will be purchasing another season ticket. I do concede there have been more disappointing results than good ones. It has to be better next season. 

I don't think it would be a choice from the club to change manager!

18 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Getting rid of another manager would be wrong IMO, at this level they are still learning, let's see what happens next year once the squad is settled and well rested. 

Check out Robbie Horn thread Div 2.

On Sat I thought we should have been out of site by half time 

1 hour ago, vince sinclair said:

Check out Robbie Horn thread Div 2.

On Sat I thought we should have been out of site by half time 

21 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Bloke on the League 2 forum saying the new Bonnyrigg manager being announced today has the initials CE....

That's the word on the street and some of you want rid of him. A wee bit compo for him and yer laughing all the way to the bank :lol:

29 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Bloke on the League 2 forum saying the new Bonnyrigg manager being announced today has the initials CE....

Be disappointed if Calum goes, could kind of understand if he wanted to take on the challenge of keeping Bonnyrigg up.

If it’s the case, better now than deciding in June or July wants to move on.

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Be disappointed if Calum goes, could kind of understand if he wanted to take on the challenge of keeping Bonnyrigg up.

If it’s the case, better now than deciding in June or July wants to move on.

Yer team sitting 11th in a league below the SPFL. 

Is that acceptable and why would a team want to bring in a manager from a team mid table below them? 

Is he that good?

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Is that acceptable and why would a team want to bring in a manager from a team mid table below them? 

Is he that good?

It’s not acceptable where we are in the table, and as you are aware some fans have voiced opinions that a change is needed.

Calum carries himself very well, always seems very calm and measured.  

However, I have been increasingly annoyed with some of the performances this season, especially the repeated defensive lapses that are driving everyone nuts. 

As to why Bonnyrigg would want a manger of a middling LL team, no idea, need to ask them 😀

I wouldn’t be in favour of replacing him at this stage, so hoping that it’s not true, but sounds like it is.

34 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Is he that good?

Way too many draws this season or we would be in top 6. Some Clubs look beyond results and notice what a coach does and what other players say about him. 
I would be disappointed to lose him but it’s a chance to get one of the top 42 jobs in Scotland so can’t blame him.

Also shows other coaches, you don’t need to be at a mega bucks Club to impress. 

Ridiculous to talk of wanting rid of Callum. He had to clear out the dross and start from scratch and under those circumstances he has done fine. We have the basis of a team that can challenge next season. No doubt there are some players he would have liked but couldn't get and some who have left that he would like to have kept, but with the finances the way they are it's a constant juggling act. I think what has disappointed folks was we were playing some really exciting football at the start of the season and haven't been able to sustain it through the winter. But it's all  part of the learning curve.