The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Even if you win the league this weekend, and the game on the telly in every pub in Dundee? On a Friday night. 

Yes. It’s been a long gruelling season, I’d expect at least that many to be up for the party and take an opportunity to taunt Owen Coyle.

48 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

I ordered additional tickets today.

While on the phone I asked about the arrangements and they confirmed that tickets will be made available to non members/season ticket holders next week, including standing tickets.

yeah - just got my tickets  - standing behind the goal at the opposite end from the Dundee fans 

50 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

I'd probably go with the same lineup as started at Ayr if possible.

If Kilday is out then put Bannon in.

If Thomson is out 

As crazy as it sounds, if we are still chasing goals with 20 mins to go in either of the next 2 games, I would genuinely consider throwing Eze up front before Henderson. At least he could go up there and cause havoc with opposition defenders having no idea what he'll do next.

Agreed. He would certainly be a target man.

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

Well, I think we are now clear what everyone's view on Ochilgate is.

Any chance of taking about fitba' again.

Anyone know if Kilday and Thomson are fit?

Do we start Williamson again?

Do we send Henderson away to watch Thistle in case we meet them in the play-offs? ( anything to keep him off the pitch)

Do we try starting Healy again?

Its a game we almost certainly need to win.

As you say, need the win and keep it in our hands. Don't think Coyle will do it (tho' probably why he's there and I'm here) but my preference (at this stage) would be to start Shields & Williamson as a front two. Thomas and Savory been off it but don't think you can leave them out. Need to play to their strengths and keep the ball down more. 

If Kilday out, need to start Bannon (imo). Would use Healey and Jarrett from the bench and let McPake drive Henderson to watch Partick. 

Had a stroll past lesser earlier. Reassured to see that someone with ‘Shifty Tam’ on his hard hat is working on the project. Feel more confident that the stadium will be delivered in time for the start of the 24/25 season! 

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Do we send Henderson away to watch Thistle in case we meet them in the play-offs? ( anything to keep him off the pitch)

Don't think Williamson has shown nearly enough to warrant a start in such an important game. As poor as he's been, Shields is our only option up front. If it was up to me, I'd probably bring Davidson in and play three in the midfield with Savoury and Thomas either side of Shields through the middle. But there's an argument for starting Jarrett as well.

If Kilday's fit, I'd start him alongside Bannon, but I worry we'll have to make do with Bannon and Fox.

16 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Don't think Williamson has shown nearly enough to warrant a start in such an important game. As poor as he's been, Shields is our only option up front. If it was up to me, I'd probably bring Davidson in and play three in the midfield with Savoury and Thomas either side of Shields through the middle. But there's an argument for starting Jarrett as well.

If Kilday's fit, I'd start him alongside Bannon, but I worry we'll have to make do with Bannon and Fox.

I think the other problem with starting Williamson, is we then have no striking options from the bench (except Eze!!!) So I agree that he shouldn't start.

20 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Queens Park literally slashed the allocation for Dundee purely so there are less away fans at the game knowing full well that the tickets won't be bought by home supporters, Dundee are absolutely within their rights to call out this absolutely cringeworthy tinpot move by QP to try and secure more tickets for their supporters, allowing people who want to attend a match more of an opportunity to do so. 

There is only one club who comes across as a complete riddy here and it isn't Dundee.

Scotland must be the only football nation where fans clamour for their team to make sure there are hundreds, if not thousands of empty seats at matches, giving keyboard warriors who still live with their mum a hard on at the prospect of visiting allocations being cut and scores of empty seats and sections all over the ground as a consequence. 

^^^ didn’t get a ticket for St Mirren away this season.

3 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

Had a stroll past lesser earlier. Reassured to see that someone with ‘Shifty Tam’ on his hard hat is working on the project. Feel more confident that the stadium will be delivered in time for the start of the 24/25 season! 

Mr Shifty Tam to you!

Making sure theres a big Dundee support in a game thats important to them probably isnt that bad an idea on your part, tbh. John McGlynn/St Mirren levels of bottle at that club.

Do worry the precedent is now set though, especially if your season ticket holders are getting moved (i dont know if they are), and the OF can now just bully clubs into handing over stands.

7 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Last day shoot-out secured! Takes the nerves off for tomorrow at least and then ramps them up ten-fold for the Dundee game.

You’d better hope Coyle is less negative than you today ? Go and get the job done FFS.

I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a season where so many results have went our way. For once we need to take advantage of this and win the league now, no excuses whatsoever. Amazing that we’ve guaranteed the last league game to have meaning to it but I really would love to go into it knowing we could win the league with a draw.

Although no denying I can breathe slightly easier for todays game 

Edited by qpfc

21 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I wouldn’t be adverse to keeping Williamson in the side. Plenty of players in the current lineup play poorly and play week in week out. Why go back to a system that’s been failing miserably the last 6 weeks. We need to get off the stabilisers and just go for it. Williamson with a decent run of games will be good for us. Whether he’s going to get that amount of time to do so at QP I’m unsure but I think he’s been unfortunate to be behind absolute haddies like Kenny, Henderson and McPake. 

Shields up top on his own isn’t effective as he drifts wide far too often. Would be a stroll for the Morton defence if we were to revert back to that