The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

I'd tend to agree with you, bar one major issue, and that's that I would imagine he's all for us having a B Team in the pyramid. I hope I'm wrong, but it would seem to be right up his street.

To be fair to him, I can fully understand why he would want it. As stated in my previous post, his job is to develop the strategy for young players coming through to the first team and being sold for profit. B teams playing competitive matches against the highest possible opposition is obviously a big help with this.

He also comes from a country where b teams are in their 2nd tier, so he probably doesn't see it as anything out of the ordinary.

I fear he may be one of those at the club pushing for us joining the conference league.

Great point. You’re not wrong, it would fly in the face of everything he’s said if they didn’t go for that spare place. In fact, this will be a golden opportunity for him to accelerate his own business plan.

6 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I suppose it was only  a matter of time...

Malky Mackay started his playing career at the former amateur club and has previously had offers for a romantic return.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/neil-lennon-not-queens-park-26923474

I have zero faith in the people involved at Queen’s Park not to make the worst possible decision. Appointing a literal racist when trying to attract fans from the most diverse area in the country would be very much on brand. 

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

Malky Mackay started his playing career at the former amateur club and has previously had offers for a romantic return.

ttps://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/neil-lennon-not-queens-park-26923474

There appeared to be some social media traction for Lennon after he was spotted at Ochilview. However, he was there as a guest of the Jags where his son Lennon is on the books.

Lennon Lennon?

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/neil-lennon-not-queens-park-26923474

Alternative "romantic returnees":

David McCallum
Billy Stark
Alan Irvine
Fergie
The ghosts of Andrew Watson, Toffee Bob & Wattie Arnott (co-managers)

16 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Doesn't look like its your club any more.

You'll be treated as customers not supporters with very little fan engagement.

Sadly a growing trend these days.

Was always the case to some extent. It’s just that the person doing it now is earning some coin out of ignoring ordinary punters, rather than simply doing so with Corinthian spirit. 

Edited by an86

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

His name’s actually Gallagher Lennon, which is arguably worse. 

Liam Gallagher has a son called Lennon Gallagher and Neil Lennon has a son called Gallagher Lennon. 

No relevance to QP, I just enjoy that fact. 

Edited by Fuctifano

4 hours ago, wEEgIE bOrEd said:

Alternative "romantic returnees":

David McCallum
Billy Stark
Alan Irvine
Fergie
The ghosts of Andrew Watson, Toffee Bob & Wattie Arnott (co-managers)

Arnott’s currently touring Northern Canada with one of the ghost Harlem Globetrotters on an exhibition tour of ball jugglers.

Just had a look at the 1st team squad page club website and I see that along with Coyle, both Sandy Stewart and Owen Coyle jnr have been removed.

Not surprised that Stewart would go with Coyle as they've been together for years. I had wondered whether Coyle jnr would have stayed on, but looks like he's away too.

More photos around the perimeter of Lesser Hampden, starting with the home turnstiles at the south east corner -

SouthEastcornerturnstiles15May2023.jpg.b461e8bbf838a356559d9ffc16562555.jpg

Round to the back of the East Stand, first up is the entrance for hospitality (they'll have to walk round to the pavilion for their nibbles and booze) -

EastStandrearhospitality.jpg.e4d0b4282bac72b019bb373196fbb3c2.jpg

A closer view -

EastStandhospitalitycloseup.jpg.e12d3622d117d826d4b7d080dea49a89.jpg

Nearer to Somerville Drive we find the away turnstile and exit -

EastStandawayturnstileandexit.jpg.497f6cd54bf6fec7fbe87c9d12e93405.jpg

And a closer view for you away fans -

EastStandawayturnstile.jpg.967ed51a1db7e61194d8a21019972740.jpg