Champions League 2022/23

Coooombe

Some game at Spurs. Sporting missed about four clear cut chances at 1-0, then Spurs win it 2-1 with a Kane 95th minute poachers effort. Think it’s going to get VAR’d though…

I hate VAR. I know there's the lol factor with Spurs, but that's a disgrace to disallow a goal for that. I know that it's "technically offside", but that's VL chat. The fan experience is being completely ruined by this. 

On another note, that Sporting keeper was utter shite. Not challenging at the goal, instead flaking into a dive served him absolutely right, but he seemed to look awkward even when dealing with easy crosses and shots. 

Edited by velo army

Hilarity aside, has the 'attacker getting the benefit of the doubt' bit of offside decisions just been binned since VAR came in? If a call is taking over 3 minutes to decide, it should be a goal. Otherwise it' comes across as VAR being absolutely determined to find a way to rule it out.

Hilarity aside, has the 'attacker getting the benefit of the doubt' bit of offside decisions just been binned since VAR came in? If a call is taking over 3 minutes to decide, it should be a goal. Otherwise it' comes across as VAR being absolutely determined to find a way to rule it out.

That whole thing was basically made up by Andy Gray, there hasn't ever been a mention of "benefit of the doubt" in the offside laws.

The only way it sort of applied was that, like in every other decision, if the referee or assistant isn't sure, they can't give it.