The Queen of the South thread

18 hours ago, StuartA said:

Why would they live in Scotland but work in Carlisle for tax purposes?  I would have thought it'd be the other way round (edited to add: unless they earn well under £30k, but then travel would eat up the difference).

On he other point re: the Shire, the money benefited the Shire as a tenant of FFC at the stadium given that it allowed FFC to undertake much needed upgrades on the pitch and floodlights, so that's good.  It also benefited the Community Foundation for the same reason.  So a win-win really.  Any club's fans can organise themselves and bid for the Fans' Bank funding - you should look into it.

They sell up in the south for say 1 mill, buy in D&G for say 400K and jump over the border to Carlisle, Newcastle Lancaster etc for a bigger salary than this side. A small price to pay ( if any extra tax is due to be paid )) to get out of say London. Back to QOS.

7 hours ago, annan4eva said:

They sell up in the south for say 1 mill, buy in D&G for say 400K and jump over the border to Carlisle, Newcastle Lancaster etc for a bigger salary than this side. A small price to pay ( if any extra tax is due to be paid )) to get out of say London. Back to QOS.

only-an-excuse-scottish-comedy.gif.d98d4b5b5ba79f9a176557513c50e4b4.gif

35 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Only saw him live a few times but looked terrified of the ball. 

Of the left backs we have had he has impressed me the most. Most likely dropping down the order so Hibs wanted him to get first team football

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Looked out of his depth any time I saw him tbh. He had two cracking games for us apparently but I wasn't in attendance for them. 

I thought he looked a decent player apart from the train smash missed clearance for the Alloa goal at home recently. Maybe another example of a very young player that needs to beef up. Enough cover there with Kilsby. Why we re—signed Irving is beyond me. South of Scotland sadly is his level. 

3 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I thought he looked a decent player apart from the train smash missed clearance for the Alloa goal at home recently. Maybe another example of a very young player that needs to beef up. Enough cover there with Kilsby. Why we re—signed Irving is beyond me. South of Scotland sadly is his level. 

Great if offloading 2 would allow us another midfielder on loan to replace the bite we lost with the injury of Mimnaugh and departure of Wilson. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68286028

Nothing like a wee change of subject ... at long last, an "entitled" fitba player talking some sense ... what's not to like? 👌

The penny has dropped with Bellerin that it's financially and environmentally nuts to have fans flying mega miles to watch their club/country when it could be avoided ... and that the game is finally losing the plot in it's relentless search for ever bigger margins.

10 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Great if offloading 2 would allow us another midfielder on loan to replace the bite we lost with the injury of Mimnaugh and departure of Wilson. 

Nobody will come in squad should never have got as big .

On Wilson he is back to his very best if only we had him in our midfield in saying that he would be out injured for us .

31 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Nobody will come in squad should never have got as big .

On Wilson he is back to his very best if only we had him in our midfield in saying that he would be out injured for us .

Maybe our training regime didn't help!

9 hours ago, bod said:

Macintyre was horrendous in our 5-1 humbling away at Accies, wasn't help by Walker playing in front of him.

Did seem to like a tackle!

Give it a rest! I’ve read this same post, in slightly different versions, about half a dozen times now. At least you left out the reference to sexual assault this time. You don’t like Walker. We get it.