The Queen of the South thread

How long till he gets his international clearance through, sounds like Courier the Hamilton new signing was also needing clearance and looks as tho he will be playing on sat?

According to Hamilton website he will not be available for selection this weekend. Hopefully Kev's is going to be through in time for weekend or next midweek v St Mirren

Was that Lyle who had the overhead volley disallowed against Airdrie?

Yes Lyle had two goals, two goals ruled out and then hit the post with a late header. Goo's video suggests it was the right call with the Danny cutback but not so sure about the overhead shot.

Anyone else got their copy of the Queens are Kings dvd yet? Mine arrived today (thanks to John P in the shop) and I've just had a quick watch. Great stuff, I still get butterflies during the penalties in the Cup Final!

Well done to all involved in it's production :thumsup2

Just me then :unsure2:

Anyone else got their copy of the Queens are Kings dvd yet? Mine arrived today (thanks to John P in the shop) and I've just had a quick watch. Great stuff, I still get butterflies during the penalties in the Cup Final!

Well done to all involved in it's production :thumsup2

Just me then :unsure2:

I meant to reply to this but forgot.

I got my copy the Saturday of the Dundee game and duly watched it that night. It's a great production, very professionally done.

I see my first post passing on comment on Kevin D. from US Soccer Forum disappeared in the crash!

Here is another comment from the US Soccer Forum...

'I heard he was not coming back to Dartmouth. Dzierzawski is a very gifted player! He was up for the MLS combine last year but did not pursue because he decided to return for his senior year and certainly would have been a high MLS pick this year but it looks like he choose to pursue the European route. He trained with the LA Galaxy as a sophomore and I know has spent some time in Scotland training with St. Johnstone a few summers back. The kid is a great play maker, great soccer smarts and can be very physical. Queens will like his play.'

Major League Soccer Player Combine is an annual showcase in which upcoming prospects are evaluated.

Edited by MacWatt

I see my first post passing on comment on Kevin D. from US Soccer Forum disappeared in the crash!

'I heard he was not coming back to Dartmouth. Dzierzawski is a very gifted player! He was up for the MLS combine last year but did not pursue because he decided to return for his senior year and certainly would have been a high MLS pick this year but it looks like he choose to pursue the European route. He trained with the LA Galaxy as a sophomore and I know has spent some time in Scotland training with St. Johnstone a few summers back. The kid is a great play maker, great soccer smarts and can be very physical. Queens will like his play.'

Major League Soccer Player Combine is an annual showcase in which upcoming prospects are evaluated.

Sounds good to me, hopefully clearance hurries itself up and we can see Kev in action.

"Great soccer smarts" - I think thats my new favourite phrase :lol:

That was brutal, please stop persisting with Guff as a centre mid he is not a centre mid and never will be. With 4-4-2 we looked much improved until McIntyre shot us in the foot with that diabolical sub. Reilly offers so much more than Lyle he might not score as many goals but he harries and brings us so much further up the park. Looked much more dangerous with Reilly on the pitch. 4-4-2 on Tuesday please with Reilly and Russell up the middle.

Edited by Broony88

Any comments from Queens fans at the game today? Feeling a bit less optimistic about the season now after the last two league games. Although looking at the league table everyone seems to be taking points off each other with the exception of Hamilton.

Any comments from Queens fans at the game today? Feeling a bit less optimistic about the season now after the last two league games. Although looking at the league table everyone seems to be taking points off each other with the exception of Hamilton.

I thought the reason teams played a midfield central 3 is to control games, well I have hardly seen a midfield 3 less involved in a game than the first half today. Burns isn't his usual self and Guff just doesn't get involved enough. McKenna tries hard and is a good player but hardly the guy you want the ball falling to in dangerous situations. Very disappointed and I think between 5th and 7th is about the best we can hope for after the last two games.

Surely Young cant be 100% fit otherwise he has to start. Always felt Burns is a better player out wide. Not the quickest but gives him chances to go forward and create something. Russell might be more effective in a 4-4-2 up front with Lyle. Looking at our starting 11 we should be minimum midtable so could be a rethink on the formation needed.