The Queen of the South thread

Out of curiosity guys, how much money is genuinely expected for your young players (Holt, Durnan and Reilly) given they are out of contract? What do you expect them to do at the end of the season?

Just trying to find info on how much money in development fees are due to players in this division.

Out of curiosity guys, how much money is genuinely expected for your young players (Holt, Durnan and Reilly) given they are out of contract? What do you expect them to do at the end of the season?

Just trying to find info on how much money in development fees are due to players in this division.

£500k each.

Strangely, I was about to come on and ask the same question as Harry. Let me pre-face this post by saying, I've heard nothing and this is just out of curiosity more then anything else, but what are QotS fans opinions on Holt, Durnan and Reilly? Could they make the step-up? Who's likely to go furthest? How much would you expect to receive for them? (Ignoring crazy money talk!)

Been most impressed by Mark Durnan for going on 2 seasons now and would love to have him at Dundee. Reckon with talent like him and Holt at the back for Queen's (From an outsiders perspective) then if Queen's make the play-offs, there's no reason to say you lot can't make the Prem either despite the difficulties yous would evidently face. (I'm not so clued up on Reilly I must admit)

In a totally unrelated question, if by some miraculous situation, QotS did find themselves as going up to the Prem, is the club able to handle that? Must admit I've not kept as up to date with things I should since we were promoted under Smith in regards to part-time/full-time status and matters of that ilk.

Cheers, and sorry if my outside opinion seemed rude in anyway as that was not the intention. Just genuinely curious.

Strangely, I was about to come on and ask the same question as Harry. Let me pre-face this post by saying, I've heard nothing and this is just out of curiosity more then anything else, but what are QotS fans opinions on Holt, Durnan and Reilly? Could they make the step-up? Who's likely to go furthest? How much would you expect to receive for them? (Ignoring crazy money talk!)

They are all ready to take the step up and preform in the Premiership, or down south. Mark Durnan probably has the potential to go furthest, I can't think of a beget central defender in our division.

With regards to compensation, we should expect to get a decent amount. Holt and Reilly have both been with us for 5 years, while Durnan has been here 3 years. If you look at the high profile Charlie Telfer case, United paid £204k based on 10 years at rangers. These players are proven at a higher level than he ever was before his move, so £100k for Holt and Reilly, and £60k for Durnan shouldn't be unreasonable.

I would suggest Holt is just as likely to succeed at a higher level as Durnan. He has been one of our most consistent players this season and his level of performance remains the same whether it's Brora Rangers or The Rangers that we've faced.

Reilly is harder to gauge. Goalscorers score goals no matter the level they are playing at, and he is having his most prolific season for us whilst improving in various other aspects of his game. It's not too often he will create "something from nothing" or score a great solo goal though, so he would need to be at a team creating chances for him. I actually think he'd benefit from another season with Queens which could see him getting a bigger move. If he went to a bottom six Premiership team I could seem him struggling.

I would be extremely disappointed, and surprised if any of our players left for Dundee.

Yeah doubt any of the three will be coming any place near us. Do like to keep track of their progress though because as I say they've definitely (Durnan in particular) impressed me when I've seen them.

They are all ready to take the step up and preform in the Premiership, or down south. Mark Durnan probably has the potential to go furthest, I can't think of a beget central defender in our division.

With regards to compensation, we should expect to get a decent amount. Holt and Reilly have both been with us for 5 years, while Durnan has been here 3 years. If you look at the high profile Charlie Telfer case, United paid £204k based on 10 years at rangers. These players are proven at a higher level than he ever was before his move, so £100k for Holt and Reilly, and £60k for Durnan shouldn't be unreasonable.

Should also remember that Falkirk got £215k for Mark Stewart so I would be holding out for quite a bit if a couple of English clubs come in.

A lot of comparisons have been made of our cup run this season to that of 2008 and this got me thinking. How do people compare this team to the team back then, particularly our crop of youngsters?

Thompson - Durnan

Harris - Holt

Tosh - McShane

Dobbie - Reilly.

A lot of comparisons have been made of our cup run this season to that of 2008 and this got me thinking. How do people compare this team to the team back then, particularly our crop of youngsters?

Thompson - Durnan

Harris - Holt

Tosh - McShane

Dobbie - Reilly.

Durnan miles better than Thomson, Harris and Holt about the same. McShane and Tosh hard to differentiate. McShane imo the better all round footballer with room to get better but Tosh was far more of a goal threat and was more streetwise. Dobbie was miles better than Reilly, but at that time hadn't started his truly amazing never seen before kind of form at the club at that point